News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

FEAR

Previous topic - Next topic

SS_Patrick

Quote from: Stookie
Some people believe that the ego doesn't really exist. It's an illusion created by our perception and makes us feel like an individual and separated from the world around us. The extinction of the ego wouldn't be death, but liberation. So in this case, the biggest fear of all would be the ego's fear of its own extinction.

They can believe whatever they want, that doesn't change the fact that ego does exist. Reincarnation research proves that ego does exist and ego is immortal. I don't believe in new age stuff or Eastern philosophies or Judeo-Christian religions etc. at all.

Ego's extinction is death. There is no way around that.

zyzyx

Hello,

If you eliminate fear, you eliminate part of what it is to be human.  Fear is a good thing, it teaches us to look before we leap, among other things.

I'm reminded of a lesson I had to learn: "Courage does not mean 'to live without fear'.  Courage means we must control our fear.  We must act in spite of our fear.  This is what the feat of courage really is."

-Z

cardio

Fear is a good thing, it teaches us to look before we leap, among other things.

If I wouldn't feel fear, I wouldn't leap, cause I don't want to do whatever I think is bad for me. I don't think that be free of fear means to be stupid.

Stookie

QuoteReincarnation research proves that ego does exist and ego is immortal.

??

Here's what I mean. The alter-ego I created here, "Stookie". I could become him and forget who I really am. Start living my regular life as him. But that's not who I am. It's an illusionary ego I created for myself.

So as we're here on earth, we are again playing that role, so totally into it that we forget who we really are, that we in a sense, created ourselves. After death at some point return to who we really are, integrating what our ego has experienced into our real selves. Then creating a whole new ego for a whole new life experience to integrate into ourselves again.

The most frightening thing about this concept is that my ego, I, do not want to believe that I'm not "real" like I thought I was, and that I'm really somebody or something else.

SS_Patrick

Quote from: Stookie
QuoteReincarnation research proves that ego does exist and ego is immortal.

??

Here's what I mean. The alter-ego I created here, "Stookie". I could become him and forget who I really am. Start living my regular life as him. But that's not who I am. It's an illusionary ego I created for myself.

So as we're here on earth, we are again playing that role, so totally into it that we forget who we really are, that we in a sense, created ourselves. After death at some point return to who we really are, integrating what our ego has experienced into our real selves. Then creating a whole new ego for a whole new life experience to integrate into ourselves again.

The most frightening thing about this concept is that my ego, I, do not want to believe that I'm not "real" like I thought I was, and that I'm really somebody or something else.

Perhaps it's the term "ego", that creates confusion in this case. One can say, that same soul has many egos during various incarnations, but I don't think so. I meant that ego and soul are not separate things. When one dies, his or her soul leaves mortal body for the last time. In this stage, soul has same personality, as previous incarnation, but it also remembers previous identities and realizes, that it has existed before previous incarnation. When soul reborns in a new body, it has same ego as previous personality, as a foundation. When child grows, his/her genetics and environment affect  in ego's further development. Therefore in my opinion same soul doesn't have many egos, but insted ego, that changes all the time. Maybe it would be better to use word "self" instead of ego, but hopefully I made my statement understandable.

cardio

Hello everybody.

"THE REALIZATION OF THE "I." The Candidate must first acquaint himself
with the reality of the "I," before he will be able to learn its real
nature. This is the first step. Let the Candidate place himself in the
State of Meditation, as heretofore described. Then let him concentrate
his entire attention upon his Individual Self, shutting out all thought
of the outside world, and other persons. Let him form in his mind the
idea of himself as a _real_ thing--an actual being--an individual
entity--a Sun around which revolves the world. He must see himself as the
Centre around which the whole world revolves. Let not a false modesty, or
sense of depreciation interfere with this idea, for you are not denying
the right of others to also consider themselves centres. You are, in
fact, a centre of consciousness--made so by the Absolute--and you are
awakening to the fact. Until the Ego recognizes itself as a Centre of
Thought, Influence and Power, it will not be able to _manifest_ these
qualities.
MANTRAMS (AFFIRMATIONS) FOR THE FIRST LESSON.

"I" am a Centre. Around me revolves my world.

"I" am a Centre of Influence and Power.

"I" am a Centre of Thought and Consciousness.

"I" am...

"I" am ...

"I" am ...

"

A SERIES OF LESSONS
      IN RAJA YOGA

By YOGI RAMACHARAKA

cardio

When we have realized these things, and have begun to feel our relation (in
these particulars) to the One Great Emanation of the Absolute, then we may
begin to grasp the idea of the Oneness of Spirit, and the relation of the "I"
to every other "I," and the merging of the Self into the one great Self, which
is not the extinction of Individuality, as some have supposed, but the
enlargement and extension of the Individual Consciousness until it takes in
the Whole.

A SERIES OF LESSONS
IN RAJA YOGA

By YOGI RAMACHARAKA

ubiquitous

That sounds good,

Thus when consciousness is fully understood
We are a more ordered form of matter
Ensouled by psychogenic forces
That can be explained by a more refined system of physics

RAMAN III

cardio

I'm going to the first messages:

dingo wrote:
I'm sorry but that just sounds silly to me. It's not going to get rid of your fear as much as staring at the headlights of a car stops it coming.

umm, what if your are who is driving that car?
What is the way to get control of it?

I think you'll have to stare at it, while you try to get the control, or while you study your "drive way", to change it.

See you !

Mydral

Ok like Astrav Travel you have to experience this yourself to know how it feels like, its an easy concept.

Emotions get triggerd from thoughts of any form
No thoughts, no emotions
In order to loose your fear you have to loose the thoughts which create it, there is always a thought. With fear of the unknown it might just be this: "Oh god, Oh god, Oh god [image of something happening]".
If you meditate your goal is to reach a state where you do not have any more thoughts, or just focus on one thing. If you do this properly there will be no more emotions, no more fear.

So picture a flag poll with a flag waving in the wind. If you can't do it find an image on which you can focus easily. DO NOT LOOSE FOCUS. If you can do this you won't be scared anymore since your surroundings do not matter anymore, nothing matters except that image.

If you cannot picture anything concentrating on your breathing or heart beat is enough too. You just have to occupy your brain with a thought to focus on. Examples: Inhale "mind awake", exhale "body asleep". Inhale "in", exhale "out". Heart beat "one", Heart beat "two", heart beat "one", heart beat "two"..... stuff like that, be creative   :wink:

I can't do it myself sadly, I tend to loose focus at a point. My emotion is not fear, its excitment... just as bad in this case.
In somnis veritas

cardio

Hi Mydral,

Let's try this: The mantra "OM".

When you inhale pronounce mentally "O". This must be an open "O". An spanish "O", like the first part of the english "o".

While you hold on the air, transform mentally, and quietly this sound in a nasal one.

Then, in the exhalation, pronounce mentally, the "M" sound.

You can hear here two candid "OM", pronounced by the Dalai Lama, at the beginning of a pray:
http://www.metta.org.uk/meditate/120sec-1.wma

Thanks !!!

Enoch

Fear is never going away...just face it unles you are insensitive to the world fear is here to stay...Control your fear, use it. Dont let it overcome you and use it to enhance your awareness and your energy. Fear is more an enhancement having no fear is rare and anyone that says they have no fear is a liar. Several years in the special ops and fear is still with me so i just manipulate it and allow it to be a sense rather than an burdon
A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent .

cardio

Hello,

Quote from: Enoch on September 10, 2006, 20:52:57
Control your fear, use it. Dont let it overcome you and use it to enhance your awareness and your energy.

How? To me, fear takes out my awareness, and "makes dirty" my energy. My prana mixes up with my feared feelings. No clear mind, or relaxation are possible.

QuoteFear is more an enhancement having no fear is rare and anyone that says they have no fear is a liar.

But, maybe, it could be possible to feel and terminate fear, when it arises. Obviously, at the situations where it doesn't report any profit. These are, I think, those in were you don't need to fight, or run.
(I'm taking in mind the physiological response caused by fear, which is, I think, my actual problem.)

Several years in the special ops and fear is still with me so i just manipulate it and allow it to be a sense rather than an burden

Maybe it's usefull for you, cause you are "fighting". But, when you are in bed, trying to discover new things, I think it's impossible to use fear.  :-D

I've known recently, some works of the author E. Tolle. This author says, you must accept the present time, as it is. This could be the factor I dismissed in the auto-observation techniques, I observed my fear, and I didn't think that was reality, and I should surrender to it. So, it seems to me, an internal fight arises every time you don't "surrender" to the present time. That makes anxiety endures, or grows up.

Thanks

Enoch

What is fear? Fear is lack of knowledge. Its what is unknown.
Do you ever feel the "rush" you get from fear? The adrenalin. The chemical change that occurs is obvious. But only when you are sensitive to spirit do you begin to realize this is when your senses are heightened. Including our sixth sense.
Take control of this just as you would any other form of energy. Once you realize and accept that we are all going to die no matter what than what is left to fear? Nothing.
Ever been in a car wreck? ever notice that in serious wrecks "that you walk away from" that things seem to be moving in slow motion?  Thats the fear and the adrenalin. If you can harness just that one ability just that one thing it would change your life totally. Imagine being in a fist fight or a meeting that is really important but also makes for some real tension. If you could use that same "ability"you did while in the accident it would be of HUGE advantage. Just remember that any experiance that you have had in your life can be actively recreated at will. So the slow motion is not such a "amazing ability" at all.
A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent .

Sam

Fear manifests in most people when facing something completely unknown.  The only way I know to effectively beat it is to keep facing the unknown, become familiar with the unknown, until it is so well known to you that you no longer feel the fear, or have learned how to deal with it effectively.

Awakened_Mind

"The measure of a man is not in times of comfort, but when he is most uncomfortable."

I agree with Sam here. Fear makes you scared of the bad things that can happen in an unpredictable reality. Love makes you see all the potential in an unpredictable reality. I don't think there is a majority in human history that has completely overcome fear. As individuals.

-AM
Truth exists beyond the dimension of thought.

Enoch

I see where you guys come from. so ill approach from there. The fear you feel when attemting to obe can be considerable. The only thing to get me past this was reading so many other stories about it being done. Those people are still with us (most of them) so they are either lying to us or they were not harmed while in obe. Now since i know forst hand it can be done i know the later is true.
One thing that bothered me when in very deep was i could feel that i was barely breathing. Upon further investigation i realized that its a natural occurance while in obe practice. This the types of fear you refer to?