News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

How do you think...

Previous topic - Next topic

Spirit_Gurl

kakkarot

well, i don't believe in the entire concept and ideology centering around reincarnation, but whether a life matters i can answer.

does it matter if you get up and go to school today? you can't really know until you do it. who knows, you could meet the man/woman of your life. does it matter if you live this life? well, who knows? maybe you'll learn something that you won't ever get the opportunity to learn ever again.

you'll never know until it happens, but you'll never be able to recieve all the good things that could happen in your life anyway, so why not just live your life the way you normally would and learn what you can as it comes to you? in this life and any other.

~kakkarot

Fenris

There is a part of the human energy body which acts as a recorder of a sort. It is by tuning into this energy that you can 'read' a person. To answer your second question try thinking from a different angle, if the total summation of our life experiences is of a highest spiritual value than surely each life that contributes to it is equal in importants to the whole. Also do not doubt the amount of progress that can be achieved in a single life.

no_leaf_clover

according to robert bruce, or at least how i interpreted what he said, we live all our other lives at the same time, as time doesnt really exist the way we might think it does, and when we die all our past lives' memories catch up to us and we suddenly remember everything. this is the conclusion he came to from going to like the 5th stage up from the physical world.. forgot the name of the place, but he said he saw his deceased friends and family members, as well as people that looked familiar to him but he couldnt place them.. but they just looked so familiar.. and then he stayed there for a while and when he came back he realized how painful the physical actually is and started to cry. this is all from the articles on this site and 'treatise on obe'.

i think this goes along with how he was saying all life forms in the universe eventually merge together into one all-knowing being in some really high form.. when you die you remember all your parallel or past lives, however you want to refer to them, and that would be the first merging, i guess..

something like that o.O.. read 'treatise on obe' and articles concerning reincarnation.
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

Fenris

Yes the eturnal NOW theory. Makes a lot of sence and makes you think about fate a little as well. After reading Roberts article I spent about a week where I just sat there each night and thougt at length about the whole idea. A must read, and a heavy read at that!

Nick

Spirit_Gurl,

There's a lot that is hard to understand while we're here in the physical. However, once we move in the non-physical I've read where it all becomes pretty easy to understand. In the meantime, meditate on your question. In time, you might find the answer.

Regarding the part about one single life. I've also read where each life in the physical is an opportunity to learn lessons. If we do good in theses lessons, such as by helping others, we progress spiritually. So each life is important b/c they can be like steps bringing us closer to the higher realms.

Take care,
"What lies before us, and what lies behind us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us...." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Spirit_Gurl

I dont believe in karma, nick. [}:)]

Nick

Spirit_Gurl,

Karma is simply put, cause and effect. What I'm writing about in my post is another concept.[8D]

Take care,
"What lies before us, and what lies behind us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us...." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

jilola

Spirit Gurl: What DO you believe in?
I don't mean to be a b***ard but it seems you don't believe in a lot of things. It would help if you gave a short description of your particular view of the world and existence. [8D]

As for the question, they don't. From a soul point of view we only have one life. The individual incarnations are just different physical manifestations of our existence in different circumstances.

2cents & L&L
jouni

goingslow

You cant ask people to give you an answer then frame it so they cant discuss anything you dont believe.

That doesnt make any sense. How can i say what I believe but only do it by taking out everything I believe and explain it around you believe?  If you want to know people's theories and beliefs just take their theories and beliefs and take from it the parts you believe.  

Lets say I ask you to explain OBE's to me but dont mention spirit, dont mention energy and please dont mention other dimentions.  I dont believe in those.  Good luck.

Nerezza

I actually agree with you goingslow[:O]

Spirit_Gurl

oy. once again ive managed to make everyone hate me. [B)]

I believe in one god, who made our souls so he wouldnt be lonely and cuz he was bored and cuz he wanted more. each of our souls has a diffrernt and unique personality that is the foundation of our personalities here on earth. I believe that there is no evil, just misconception, fear, and opinions. I believe karma is, simply put, BS, and as my friend said, whay would the universe have revenge on you? (please dont try and explain to me how wrong i might be, thank you.) let's see. i believe in reincarnation, i believe our souls can live in and body they want, this planet or others, as plants or animals, maybe even inanimate objects if they really want to. I believe our souls just kinda saw life forming down here and wanted to see what it was like, so basically if our souls want to live, they can. if not, no one will force them.

help? sorry if i sounded like a grump. i can do that sometimes. i apologise...[:I] lets be friends again? [|)]

so, uh, now that you know what i believe, does anyone have any other things to say?

jilola

No worries, Spirit. You didn't make anyone mad at you just pretty perplexed and at loss as to what to say [:D]
Now that we have something to work from I think the replies may be more useful to you.

2cents & L&L
jouni

jilola

Here goes then.

God
   Yes, God as it is defined is singular, uniqeu and self-contained. Thus it cannot understand the concept of individuality. This is why we are. Our purpose is to experience individuality and perspective othher than self.
Evil
   There is no absolute good nor absolute evil. These are sides of action and inaction that we choose based on our current individual stage of development. We are reflections of god, the singular source and thus anything we do, in it self, is neutral. The concept of good and evil is an interpretation with respect to other individuals. It doesn't justify any behaviour and it doesn't make any harm done to other good.
   I agree. I is not a universal revenge or reward baeed on our actions.
   What I believe is that karma is the current sum of the lessons we need to learn and experiences we need to go through in order to evolve. When  we go along with the plan and actually pay attention we learn something thus reducing the amount of things to learn. This is what we label good karma. When we jerk around and intentionally make a general mess th elessons are not learned and we end up with a stiffer lesson. We need to learn something new and still learn the lessons we chose to skip. This is what we call bad karma. Neither in itself is good or bad, it's just what needs to be done. No reward as such and no punishment as such. We are individually responsible for our actions and inactions. There is nothing universal to lay the blame on. JUst what you as an individiual soul choose with your free will.
Reincarnation
   Well, seeing as very precious few of us get with the program in one incarnation we need several. Nothig forces us to incarnate, there are other ways of learning (don't ask me what since I chose to be here). But I and everyone else chose to incarbate as what we are. There is no difference between me, you, Frank and a stone on the beach. Ultimately.

Ok,  so that's what I believe and see the universe and our lives as. It seems pretty much explainable in your terms so we seems to agree.
The actual details of how we keep track of our individual incarnations, what means what in any given stage are details that don't really matter much. If we donät keep track we end up in a perpetual loop which in my view corresponds pretty much with the xtian description of neverending oblivion and hell (actually I don't know if judaism has hell?)
Now what does a given thing  or lifetime mean? Everything we do and choose not to do has meaning and value since it's an expression of our free will and thus an expression of our soul (us). Now as we proceed through a lifetime and enter a next stage (whatever that may be) the actual things we did as physical manifestations of our will become moot and void. What matters is that we chose to do those things and chose to either learn or not learn from those decisisions. It is not the act but the intent that counts. and the same intent may express itself as complelely different acts in different incarnations. There is no absolute value to any given experience.
Now, you asked "What does it matter if I was happy?". Well, it doesn't as such. But the fact that your chose those actions that caused you to feel happiness are important. Because in my opinion feeling happy means we're doing the right thing at the moment. And remember that by right thing I mean a universalk right thing from the soul's point of view. One may still be doing bad things from someone else's point of view.
"So who cares?" You do. or rather your souls does since it is one and the same thing. Those who chose to incarnate around you to learn and workk through some lessons together, care. Sonce you are a reflection of the singular god that we all are part of, along with all the fishesm beetles, rocks, reeds and the wind, god cares, for th every reason thatwhatever you do has meaning and value to you as an individual.

Whew, there's how I see life. I tried to put in in terms of what you said you believe in. Tell me how bad I missed it [:D]

2cents & L&L
jouni

Tom

There are 60 seconds in a minute and 60 minutes in an hour, so we are talking about 3,600 seconds. Multiply that by 24 to get 86,400 seconds in a day. Multiply by 365.24 (1 solar year) to get 31,556,736 seconds in a year. If you live 70 years that is 2,208,971,520 seconds. Some are more memorable than others. Many are spent eating and sleeping. Some are spent on the toilet and worse, others are wasted on paperwork for the government. So how do you within the context of a single lifetime keep track of over 2 billion seconds? With so many things that are repeated from second to second, isn't it possible that many of those seconds are lost, meaningless, forgotten, etc.? Scaling down the problem can help. When you solve it at the level of a single lifetime, decade, year, day, or whatever you can extend the idea to larger chunks of time to a limit of infinity. It is like with fractals.

goingslow

That breakdown in seconds actually makes life seem shorter to me than thinking of years.  

Im never sleeping again

Spirit_Gurl

Im never using the bathroom again.

[:D]

Maverickk

well, if you believe as me, you have one life to live so try to make everything count :)

Spirit_Gurl

[sticks out toungue] well, I believe in reincarnation! nyah nyah! [:D]

no_leaf_clover

do you believe you are randomly reincarnated? if you don't believe in karma but you believe in reincarnation, how do you think youre incarnations are justified?

Spirit_Gurl

justified?
I just think we live when we want to, if we dont want to, we dont have to. it's not justified, we live cause its fun. at least, it can be fun. what do you mean by, justified?

no_leaf_clover

so you think the whole world is basically a big playground with no real meaning? just go out and have lots of fun?

by justified incarnations i mean who you're incarnated as and why. there must be some reason behind why you're you and not someone else. it's funny.. i dont remember being asked if i wanted to live or not, or whom i wanted to be.

it's my personal opinion that we were incarnated as who we are to learn from specific experiences available explicitly to who we are. there doesn't neccessarily have to be an equal and opposite reaction to everything we do, but something to eventually provoke some kind of insight, feeling or understanding, so that we learn one way or another, sooner or later.

i'm not trying to get you to believe the same thing i do; i wouldn't neccessarily like anyone to have the same views as me. but you might want to really think things out before you rule what's possible and what's impossible and what exists and what doesn't. you say you don't believe in karma, for example. did you come to that conclusion when you first learned of karma and what the ideas behind it were (for example, thinking it was a silly or stupid idea), or after thinking those ideas over and deciding what you really believed from your own experiences?

i remember in world history when we first studied other religions. i was a pretty serious christian then, and i laughed at all those middle-eastern ideas of karma and reincarnation and called them stupid and bs out loud. i started reading more on metaphysical subjects, which i've always been really interested in, and i came across karma and reincarnation quite often. at first i just dismissed it and accepted the parts that fell into what i believed at the time without putting any consideration into what i didn't believe. but over time, as i learned more, i began to understand it better. lol.. it turns out that i believe in all that bs now, more or less. [:)]

Spirit_Gurl

noleafclover, don't give me that bs. what, because i dont happen to believe in karma, that automatically means that I haven't thought it through? I DONT BELIEVE IN IT. and as if it was any of your business, a year ago I actually did believe in karma. but for various reasons, I dont anymore. No, I don't think it's all one big playground, as you so eloquently put it. I believe that more or less, the purpose of life is to find joy. is to be happy, and make others happy. to enjoy your friend's company, and have a good time. do you find anything wrong with that? It seems that from what you said, you just dissmiss the thought of being here just to have a good time, and discover what it's like to be human. Have you thought about that? Have you even considered my point of view? from what you said, I guess the answer's no, because what you said, "so you think the whole world is basically a big playground with no real meaning? just go out and have lots of fun?"
I believe our souls chose who they wanted to live as. are you going to make fun of that, too? So my belief is radically different than yours, obviously you don't understand it. I DONT think that the whole world is a playground, I DONT think that it has no real meaning. But even if I did, would you bother to consider it? You want me to consider karma, you're asking me questions and patronizing my beeliefs, tell me, why shouln't I patronize yours? here we go:
so you believe the world gets revenge on everything you do? there's a big moniter that, when you do something, your fate is set as to something else will happen to you back? That there is a force out there getting its revenge?
NO, I DONT believe that that's actually the way it is.
but why on earth shouldn't I? You say that you aren't trying to convert me, and then you insult me by implying that I never think about other beliefs. I DO, and this happens to be the one that makes sense to me right now, just like karma makes sense to you. but dont you dare act like my beliefs are just because i'm 'young' and havent had 'expirience' yet, because I've had to live through more in my thirteen years than a lot of people have to live through before they hit 50. you don't believe me? I'm not suprised. After all, my beliefs are just childish fantisies. playgrounds? how immature. How happy I am that I have a REAL belief like karma, instead of some made-up belief like spiritgurl's.

[:(!]  why don't you think about MY beliefs before telling me to think about YOURS, okay?

no_leaf_clover

i didn't say you didn't think things through, i was just suggesting that if you didn't, that maybe you should. there was no way for me to tell whether or not you had thought you beliefs through, and i was not presuming anything, but going ahead with what i was going to say. now that you've made it so perfectly clear that you think everything through thoroughly and that you're very mature and wise beyond your years, i apologize.

quote:
so you believe the world gets revenge on everything you do? there's a big moniter that, when you do something, your fate is set as to something else will happen to you back? That there is a force out there getting its revenge?

obviously i'm going to correct this. 'the world getting revenge on everything you do' would be the equal/opposite karma thing. i clearly said:

quote:
there doesn't neccessarily have to be an equal and opposite reaction to everything we do...

i said nothing of a monitor, though what would your god be? i said nothing of fate. and once again, i said nothing of a 'force' out to get you.

quote:
How happy I am that I have a REAL belief like karma, instead of some made-up belief like spiritgurl's.

ahem..

quote:
i'm not trying to get you to believe the same thing i do; i wouldn't neccessarily like anyone to have the same views as me.

quote:
why don't you think about MY beliefs before telling me to think about YOURS, okay?

i didnt tell you to consider my beliefs (see above quotes). i can see how you would belief such things, and that's up to you. as far as me considering your ideas and point of view first, i'm not very good at that, and you'll discover that neither is most of the world, and you're not always going to hear what you want to. when you become both less self-centered and more open to different beliefs, this won't be such a big deal that you should flip out and type up a huge post trying make me seem unreasonable. [:)]

you're blowing things out of porportion. if you're that offended by my views, and the fact that i don't revolve around you, or care that much for you, for that matter, then you can ignore me, and my posts. i won't reply to your messages any more since they bother you that much, but not because i care for you, but because i could save myself the unneeded textal flak.

no leaf. [:)]

Maverickk

why believe in anything?  Your beliefs are set up so you can pity yourself for having a mundane existence and leaving no hope for the future...just become an athiest and settle with it.  You post several topics asking for opinions but yet, you dont like them.