News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Why So Glum, Chum?

Previous topic - Next topic

kai wren

Why So Glum, Chum?

"Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb"- Dark Helmet- Spaceballs.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke

Well, it took me long enough, but now, finally, I have decided to sit down and write up a proper rant on the foundation of my own personal philosophy, and how I apply it to the world at large today. It may be rambling and incoherent in places, or maybe it'll be utterly mindblowingly amazing, I guess we won't know until we get there. I just feel that, given how I think I have appeared in recent discussions it is important that I put all my cards on the table, so to speak.

A major question in philosophy today is also a simple one- Where did this all come from? Well, it seems simple to me at least, where did the universe come from? Why, friend, why do you suggest that the universe came from anywhere? Why did it begin? How did it begin? Well, what we are dealing with here isn't as simple as the material universe, what we are dealing with is... everything. It may seem, and a good many intelligent men have fallen into the trap of believing, that because everything in it has a start and an end, the universe itself must fall prey to those laws. Not so, say I! Not so!

What evidence do I base this suggestion upon? Well, its simple really. I don't believe that anything truly has a beginning, or an end. I believe that everything that has been, still is, and everything that is, has been.

The human sensory system is only equipped to deal with a truly microscopic amount of the data that the universe throws at it, indeed, it is estimated that perhaps less than one millionth of the possible sensory data that the universe throws at people every day is actually processed. Couple this with the fact that the human mind is known to repress, distort, decay and destroy the information that actually does make it into the system and it soon becomes clear that, as a species, we truly are very badly equipped to deal with the universe.

But how does this relate to time? Well, I'll tell you.

I believe in a combination of the Epicurean Hypothesis and some more... esoteric thought that I have picked up along the way, simply, I believe that time as most humans understand it does not exist. I believe that the universe simply... is, and that it has had an infinite amount of 'time' in which to come to a state in which we can observe it as we do currently. I believe that the universe is constantly changing, and as such, we change with it, however, as time is infinite, it is my belief that humanity arose to fit the universe, not the other way around, and- more- as the universe expands and changes, humanity itself changes to try and perceive more of it.

In the past few decades it seems that massive advances have been made in the field of Astral Projection, we are getting more and more people claiming to have had Out Of Body Experiences, and more and more people claiming an ability to induce them far easier. This, to me, is a clear sign of the evolution of the human race towards being able to perceive more of the universe, the material realm is not all there is, there is... more. We do not know what it is yet, we have had thousands of years to try and understand the material realm and we are still grappling with elements of that, but as we progress, it is my belief that we will come to understand and be able to understand more of the universe.

However, I strongly believe that in coming to understand the material plane, humanity has gotten itself locked into certain modes of thought, humanity is no longer willing, as a whole, to challenge beliefs. It is not willing to accept new ideas, or to create them or voice them for fear of being shouted down by its peers. Humanity seems to be falling into a trap, and it is one which challenges our very spiritual development.

Now, this is where my beliefs begin to sound a little crazy, but please, at least try and consider them before shouting them down.

Have you looked at the world around you lately? Man kills man, man pollutes the air we breathe, poisons the food we eat, the water we drink. Man corrupts and kills and slaughters needlessly, exploits man all for the over-riding concept that mankind has taken instead of enlightenment or happiness, instead of joy or creativity. No, man no longer cares for these things. Now men kill men in the name, not of God, for God didn't serve their purposes, no, man now kills man for profit and nothing else.

Profit. Money. Riches. Fame. Glory. Possessions.

These are the new enemies of spiritual development, mankind has created its own prison, and the bars are locked into place in the minds of children from birth itself. Money is the new God, and as mankind progressed beyond the need of God, it has snuggled itself firmly into the grip of Profit. The Machine, that is, society, now crushes its cogs and and any who go against its cogs in the name of greater profit, greater advances, better ways to produce the stuff that The Machine tells its cogs they NEED, better, more efficient ways to slaughter the cogs of other Machines that go against The Machine (what a laugh, in reality, almost all of The Machines work together for the betterment of the top Cogs)

It has now reached the point where it is almost impossible to imagine a world without Money, without the Holy Dollar/Euro/Pound/Yen, it is an undeniable FACT that the governments of the world are corrupt, bought and sold like any other commodity, it is an undeniable fact that the exploitation of hundreds of millions of people feeds that top ten percent, although what they eat is paid for in blood.

It is said in the Principia Discordia, that Eris came to the prophets and said "You have built for yourselves psychic suits of armor, and clad in them, your vision is restricted, your movements are clumsy and painful, your skin is bruised, and your spirit is broiled in the sun."

I believe this to be the case- humanity as a whole has become so unwilling to accept new ideas that it is the duty of those of us who are a little bit closer to understanding the next step must try and do something. Mankind is killing itself, slowly, but it is killing itself. It is destroying the planet that birthed it in the name of Profit, and any who dare to speak out against it are discredited or written off as crackpots.

But I digress, there are still a few more fundamental points of my philosophy to impart to you. The most important I think is the concept of Chaos, and once I have finished outlining that, I'll stop this rant, get a nice cold drink, (no doubt paid for by the blood of a few dozen orphan children somewhere) and then post this up and let you all have a look, and tear it to pieces.

Chaos.

What is chaos? To me, Chaos is the only thing which can be applied to the entire universe, I classify myself as a Discordian, and as such I personify Chaos as Eris, (I don't care if other Discordians don't, haha!) I believe that the entire universe is now in Chaos, and has always been in Chaos. However, as 'time' has progressed, the Chaos has seemed to settle into patterns, and it is these patterns that Scientists classify, and, the more fundamental patterns, which have allowed humanity to evolve to the point where we can perceive the Chaos without going utterly insane.

However, I believe that, although there is definitely Order in the Chaos, that is, there are definitely patterns and systems which seem to have arisen, it is in the nature of the universe to change, and thus these patterns and systems are never, ever, going to be applicable to everything in the universe. For every rule, there will be an exception, and for every exception, there shall be a new rule, which shall itself have exceptions... and so on.

As touched upon earlier, I believe that humanity is evolving to be able to perceive more of what is already out there, however, I also believe that humanity is singularly unsuited to this task- we have already crafted for ourselves the cage of Money, I believe also that human though processes tend to fall into patterns and orders and try to question everything else as little as possible. Thus, in order to evolve, we must never stop questioning things.

This is the final trap that I warn you of, and something that the two quotes used to start this little rant touch upon, the trap of apathy. Humans try not to question things, and they also try to play down their own importance. "Oh what does the state of the world matter?" They cry, "What can I do? I am just one man!"

SO WHAT?!

Gandhi was just one man, Martin Luther King, Hitler, Stalin, Abraham Lincoln, George Washington, even Jesus, these were all men who dared to stand up for what they believed in, and are now known as heroes or villains, these were all Just Men, just like you, although admittedly I find it more difficult to think of great Women, I know for a fact they they are out there too! ONE PERSON CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

Of course, you people probably find this hard to believe in the overwhelming force of todays apathy, why would everything seem to tell you that you can't possibly make a difference if the opposite was true, right? Besides, you need to work hard to keep up the payments on your house, car, holiday, loan, mortgage. You need more money for the latest technological gadget, the latest clothes, the latest way to disguise how horrible the human body is, right?

No. Wrong. All wrong. This is what The Machine mentioned earlier wants you to think. What you must realize is that you can rise above this. You too can be a great man/woman/hermaphrodite.

And I know that I am going to try my best to be just that, I am going to do what I believe is right, and damn the consequences.

Or Kill Me.

loppoppy

very very very very well said. I read that with joy at how right people like you can be. Tear to pieces...to hell with that, it should be framed and enlarged.

I have thoughts of what you typed but have never found the correct way to broadcast it to others. It's good to know not everyone has fallen into the trap of modern day life. I guess the sad thing is, so many people will read what you typed and laugh their socks off and try to put you down for it, and as far as i can tell there is no method available on this Earth that can get the majority of people to see the truth and stop hiding underneath their possessions. Still as long as there is at least one person alive that can see the truth, there will always be hope.
for what shall it profit a man if he is to gain the world and lose his own soul?

Alaskans

Yes, well written, very clear, and thanks a lot for not making it too long. I didn't laugh at anything you had to say, I'm not sure why you would think that (maybe because the world is so horribly materialistic and your going against that?)

--It is said in the Principia Discordia, that Eris came to the prophets and said "You have built for yourselves psychic suits of armor, and clad in them, your vision is restricted, your movements are clumsy and painful, your skin is bruised, and your spirit is broiled in the sun."--
..I like that quote.

I don't have much to say about your philosophy, because I agree with allot of it. I have something to say on chaos and time though (I'm not trampling on Eris, I think she might have been misunderstood though)
----------------------------------------------------------
The universe does have a life cycle (somewere in the zillions of years), matter, at least follows a strict rule/script. How do I know about the life cycle? Black holes. Originally I thought they were a break or a screw up in the design of the universe, now I'm sure they're meant to be. If nothing escapes a black hole, then that means the universe will become a single black hole no matter what. If this is the first universe I don't know, though I doubt it. Notice I don't apply this just to matter because black holes also trap energy, so one could certainly trap at least a couple of your elemental bodies, therefore a total absorbsion of the universe. What happens when all things become one big black hole? I theorize matter itself is destroyed and converted into the most ridiculously huge explosion of energy, birthing a new universe similar if not the same as the one now. There is certainly no beginning or end, or there would be no universe now, however there is great movement of energy which can include life and death.

Is there time? One thing comes to mind when I think of this, farsight, intuition, seeing/sensing what will happen. It has happened to me often and is a widespread phenomena. Is time also on a frequency, like everything else, and we are constantly dialing through infinite universes on these frequencies? Therefore are we simply just seeing what is happening now on a higher frequency?.... The thing about frequencies is it doesn't seem to be infinite or circular.

A different thought on farsight; The universe is a living being (there is empathetic and scientific evidence.) The universe guesses what will happen next using the fate machinery, we hear the universe's thought through the astral plane, and we do or do not use our free will to change the fate. (Universe meaning God.)

Chaos doesn't apply to the material plane at all, something (probably God) is ordering it to follow rules (fate), science is the art of searching for these rules. However, free will may be considered chaos, as it doesn't take place in this plane, and is subject to only to the individual.

Chaos lives on other planes. There is no chaos in the physical universe, only a branching tree of cause and effect that becomes so intricate you might look at it as a chaotic mess of branches.

Every single person is an enigma of wonder waiting patiently to be realized.

Scoff if you want; soon we will be leading the race to new heights and you will wish you had followed us in our search for truth.