News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Meaning of Life

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune

I think the meaning of life is to learn, but what so you all think?

CaCoDeMoN

The meaning of life is what you will choose it to be. If it would be just "to learn" then what would this knownledge be used for?
MEAT=MURDER.

Logic

And the answer is: what is the meaning of life?
We are not truly lost, until we lose ourselves.

astral boy

To be aware because if we are not then that defines real death!?

BoscosFriend

Kris

markulous

To conquer and make the most of imperfection and suffering.

labouts

Just wondering, but what would it be according to frank?
^ I probably would have thought that's insane a year ago.

Beth

Hey all!

Here is my $.02 worth:

Because we live in a relative universe, there is an infinite amount of 'meaning' available.  In other words, there may not be 'one' meaning at all.  Add to this the fact that we are all limited by 'language', which is the primary tool with which we are able to set the necessary parameters of our experience (even in our own thoughts,) and we, as humans, probably only have access to a very small piece of the 'universal meaning' pie.  Even if there is such a thing as the 'ultimate meaning of life', we may not even have the necessary level of consciousness to perceive it (even with the abilities that we all share here,) let alone 'to know what IT is'.

Now, 'relative to earth' and, moreover, 'relative to earth in the 21st century' there may be a wide range of different meanings to choose from: but once again, it will have to be narrowed down again and again, each time the parameters of experience are narrowed to be 'relative to' each individual person.  

Long story short!-----"The Meaning of Life, according to Beth" has changed many times in my forty-some-odd years.  One thing has always led to another, and then another, and so on, that I have finally realized that "learning" is not an end unto itself, but rather, a means through which I have been able to be conscious of who I am becoming and then  to know who I am.   This is actually in agreement with one of the most ancient answers to this question, which is, to:  KNOW THYSELF.

Peace,
Beth
Become a Critical Thinker!
"Ignorance is the greatest of all sins."
                   --Origen of Alexandria

knightlight

I think the meaning of life is so totally obvious it hurts.  To live.... DUH!!!!

:lol:  8)

Or it is to die since that is the thing shared by all living beings.
Profound Impatience makes the blind struggle in Stupidity.

James S

I see the meaning of life as not about doing, but about being.
I follow the viewpoint that we are here to experience.

Experience what?
Everything!
Experience life in all the myriad of ways it can be experienced.

For me, learning is not the goal, it's the side-effect. In experiencing life, you learn by default.
At least... most people do.
I'm not sure about rednecks and Fundamentalists

:)
James.

Kenneth

Hello James,

Even rednecks and Fundamentalists learn ... But perhaps not what WE want them to learn ? ;-) ....

If life were a Play, and we the actors - and the meaning of life is to be able to Direct the play with nothing but LOVE, then we NEED to know everything that goes on up on that stage - including the roles of Rednecks and Fundamentalists?

It is my experience, that we REACT upon the feelings and thoughts, that Fundamentalists and Rednecks "trigger" in us - and NOT to the fundamentalists and rednecks them self? ...

So - if we HATE what they trigger in us (i.e. Fear), then we actually HATE something INSIDE of ourselfs, or ? ...

If I HATE something inside of my self, I would think, that I have actually alianated some part of myself? (and thereby created conflict) inside of my self as well?

Ohh - and the last question .... What is the actual meaning of the word HEALING by the way ? :-)
/Kenneth

--- One thing at a time, be in NOW, and be gentle to yourself ---

--- Your biggest obstacle is most of the time also your most powerfull startingpoint ---

Mindless

I personally wouldn't be interested in a "Happy Happy Joy Joy" play, there would need to be conflict or else it's an endless monotonous bore.
licet indo fragmen incolumis per verum.
(A just cause cannot be harmed by the truth)

James S

Nicely put Kenneth.  :)

Mindless,
the less "new-agey spiritual" more human side of me agrees with you. Every now and then you need to just break something!
reminds me of a saying I came across recently:

Some people are like Slinkies.
Generally useless, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down stairs.

:twisted:
James.

mactombs

I agree with you, James, on the meaning of life. Secondary to that is what you decide the meaning of your life is going to be in a less broad sense (basically, what you're going to do with your life). Lessons are indeed a side effect.

The idea that I'm here to learn some life lesson, or sent here to pass some test, annoys me to no end. Beyond to have the experience, I decide what I'm here for.
A certain degree of neurosis is of inestimable value as a drive, especially to a psychologist - Sigmund Freud

JKK

at the moment..I believe we are to learn and experience the physical/human life

maddutchman

two cents more....

To remember what we already know... Love conquers all!
Dutchman

jilola

I doubt there is a meaning to life. Ther may be a purpose which in my experience is to express  your personal point of perception to the best fof your capability. Fulfill your destiny to use a worn out phrase.

When you look at any given lifetime (understood as a number of solar revolutions during which a given person is pysically functional) it is entirely meaningless. Take one life as an individual and it has a slight effect on a  number of lives that already are biased in an agreeable way. Give or take a few exceptional instances.

What counts is what one does with a life, ie. the purpose. What one seeks and tries to achieve. Taken objectively most if not all we do is just happenstance. It's not the ride but the reason. Not the goal but the trip.

2cents & L&L
Jouni

nightowl

Life has no meaning apart from the "meaning" you give it and that's "THE TRUTH"

Beliefs and The Truth have nothing in common.

(p.S First posting just want to see if my avatars loaded, oh yer High!!)
Always follow your conscience, instincts and intuition, trust your feelings, go within, be discerning.
Pay attention to your intention.
Beliefs and THE TRUTH have nothing in common.

Greenrat

its having no conflict on any level of your being, when you fully surrender and stop wanting, you dissolve into that void.  think of dropping a cup of water into the sea, the water from the cup suddenly becomes 1000,000 times more conscious of itself.
I wonder though if you realise enough in life you'll have to wait until you die until you can ascend, or if you can realise enough in life and just ascend without having to wait to die, like just tuning into the heavens from here.
and how far developed is a soul if its incarnated as a human?..  are we as souls the equivalent of a 6 year old in human life? its frustrating feeling like you know what and why but not knowing how...
split your awareness between your heart and head.

taoita

Not that I've much time to dream, but the quest for me is to make my life more meaningful. Like making myself ready for better life choices, experiences and destinies...up skilling my thinking and refining my techniques in using energy so that I become a more attractive personality...HA!

MindFreak

There is no meaning to life. And searching for meaning will only confuse the mind and lead you further away from the truth.

Ybom

Quote from: MindFreakThere is no meaning to life. And searching for meaning will only confuse the mind and lead you further away from the truth.
Don't you mean that it will lead you to more truth options?
I come prepared...with COOKIES! No, you can't have one!

MindFreak

No. Only the illusion of truth options.

ubiquitous

I think individually its whatever you can make of it
but collectively natures motive is much more than that for it sprouts food we need, something wants us to survive.In today's age we are analytical tools of nature, for all of us to be communicating on  the meaning of our existence is testament to that.
When will earthly humans be content with the knowledge they have, never?
future advances in technology on the small and large levels will give us more content filling the void in our mind that nature abhors.
super-seeds from our mind like making something by contemplating nothing (0)
content with the content?.