News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Melchezidek/Melchizedek

Previous topic - Next topic

bitsmart

Drunvalo Melchizedek

http://www.floweroflife.org/dru.htm

bitsmart -
information illumination -
bitsmart@bitsmart.org -

lateralus897

Read Nothing in This Book is True, But Its Exactly How Things Are! Tons of info in it, mostly based off his teachings.

Joe

Clearly baited LDS question... Melchizedek of Biblical origins features prominently in mormon dogma.  No need for that here is there?...

PeacefulWarrior

Joe-

Actually I defend my question.  I was not a "baited" question at all...and besides, make sure you use the word "dogma" correctly.  One could argue that dogma exists within LDS culture, but I fail to see anything "dogmatic" about Melchizedek.  

I have been looking up information about the word and name from many resources.  I know what the LDS church teaches about Melchizedek and I am now asking my friends here in the forum about it.  Please don't be offended or be offensive, we are all friends and truth seekers here.

-Dan

fides quaerens intellectum
We shall not cease from our exploration, and at the end of all our exploring, we shall arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Elliot
---------------

Joe

G'day Daniel,

Don't be offended - nothing personal. But you can understand how things look when 5 pages of Mormon Scripture are copied and pasted into Integral Philosophy and in the next post Melchizedek comes up.... I can certainly relate to your very noble desire to share meaningful thoughts and beliefs, as well all try to do. Perhaps if we had a "Religious Thought" or "World View" forum it would be ideal for such topics, because we've had similar threads come up before, but the trouble with belief system debate is that "everyone's right"

Anyway, my best to you - nothing personal. It's of course subjective as to whether questions are leading or not, but I do my best to appreciate all topics regardless.

Joe

Healthwoman

Gen 14:18  And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.
The word Melchizedek translated from Hebrew means: 'king of right; Salem means: 'peaceful';
Some believe He was Christ before Christ was born as human because of the verse: Heb 7:3 speaks of Melchizedek:  'Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.'
Peace, Linda

http://christianreiki.uni.cc
"Grin & Ignore It!!!!!"

PeacefulWarrior

Thanks for the kind words Joe- I appreciated it.  Also, thanks for the link Healthwoman.

I never mean to write "leading" questions...I wholeheartedly believe in being upfront about everything, so sorry if I did it unintentionally.
-Dan

We shall not cease from our exploration, and at the end of all our exploring, we shall arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Elliot
---------------

Nimzomyth

Hey peaceful

I am an ex-Jehovah's Witness and I am sure they would come down on me like a ton of bricks in the past if I was found on this site.  Dosn't the Mormon faith frown upon this sort of thing.  Or are you really here to bring us all to the real faith.  Don't get me wrong no offence is meant.  I'm sure your intentions are good.  But I personally turned away from what I considered to be a cult to search for real truth in the occult (hidden) realms.

Nimzomyth

Tom

Has anyone heard of an "Order of Melchizedek" relating somehow to healing with energy? I heard it has to do with geometry, but that is all that I know about it.

Arie

PeacefulWarrior.....you can find some stuff on Melchizedek (sp?) in the urantia book.  www.urantiabook.org    I used to be really in to that book but not anymore.

"I hear and I forget... I see and I remember... I do and I understand."

Ides315

Hey, Tom, and all.

I have a friend who is highly involved in the order. We moved to a different state, just when I was getting to know him well enough to pursue it. As he explained it to me, it is based on the teachings of Jesus and the  12 disciples.

I do not know a lot more about the style. Good magick, though. I received help from him, and part of the current timeline of the things that we went through, and a few details about things done.

PeacefulWarrior

Does anybody know anything about this name and it's significance?

Let thy BOWELS ALSO BE FULL OF CHARITY towards all men, and to the
household of faith, and let VIRTUE GARNISH THY THOUGHTS unceasingly; then
shall thy confidence wax strong in the presence of God."
D&C 121:45
T.S. Elliot
---------------