News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Phobias

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh Redstone

A phobia like that doesn't have anything to do with whatever your afraid of living in or out of a certain distance of you. Phobias develope from traumatic events.
I once had a fear of violent wether, as I said in another thread. This didn't come from some astral plain or a past life, it was because I was living in an area of intense tornado activity every spring, and it was always being brought up, untill I couldn't take it any more. I was just a little kid, and that was some scary stuff back then.
Now assume I still had that fear now, were I live far away from this area. Would you attribute it to some weird past life experiences? I wouldn't.
You dont need to be exposed to a poisonous spider to fear them. You may just have seen a rather large harmless spider as an infant, or have been told to stay away from spiders because they are all dangerous.

jilola

I can see how frightening experiences in the physical can develop into phobias.
But the unexplicable phobias that don't seem to have any reason or cause whatsoever could be due to a scary experience in th eastral during a spontaneous projection during sleep. With al the strangeness relating to the exit sensations and what I've gathered from accounts of the motional state affecting the astral.
Say someone who had a tiny apprehension (not fear or phobia) projected and found himself face to face with a huge drooly spider or several thereof. Got devoured and woke up without rememering the dream. Now the subconscious would still remember and should thid manifest you'd gave a phobia right there.

I know I had an aversion to dark corridors befoore I begun a concerted effort to project. It's gone now with a lot of similar unnecessary baggage.

2cents

jouni

Josh Redstone

I dont see, how after awakeing after a dream as frightening as you've suggested,  you could forget it that easily. Many people forget dreams, but they usually havent woken up directly from them, and I dot know anyone whos ever forgotten a nightmare. I think if your looking for a solution to  apparently inexplicable phobias, you should look to your real past, and seek a more down to earth answer.
And I'd like to add, that no one yet understands fully the causes or mechanics of  OOBE's. It may be that you leave the body, or that it is mearly sleep paralysis or a REM based hallucination. We should seek to understand these experiences fully before blameing our fears on them.

Dog Faced Liar

I was think about phobias, and I thought it interesting that all of phobias have to do with stuff, that I have heard can be found in astral, like spiders, snakes, you could see that a phobia of hights could do with a fear of astral travel or going into lower planes. Maybe phobias have something to do with past life problems with regards to developing ones consciousness. Due some people having a fear of poisonous spiders or snakes where the shouldnt do to the fact they don't have these creatures in the region in which they live. Just a thought!