News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Purpose/Meaning

Previous topic - Next topic

Fenris

How refreshingly deep after a long afternoon at Woolworths! I agree that the purpose of life is to evolve the soul over as many lifetimes as necessary until it is as refined as and integrates with the source, god whatever you believe. No groundbreaking philosophy there!

But looking to the simplest of things in life there is one obvious repeating pattern, things going full circle. In fact the only thing that does not go full circle in some form would appear to be souls (unless of course once every soul makes it to the top it all starts over, and I choose not to go there). I think that this just has to be somehow related to the meaning of life. The cycles in life are simply everywhere. But on the other hand I guess for nature to function smoothly everything has to go full circle to exist, because it is simply a part of mortality. Hmm maybe I should just go to bead. My two cents that I just disproved for myself, you know here in Australia  two cent coins went out of currency along time ago. Foobar they will say... Foobar!

Well I guess the important thing is that I tried...

Best wishes

Fenris    

bitsmart

There are several things I observe the universe/multiverse to be based on. Polarity, cycles, mind, energy, and several others; Hermetic Philosophy explains this will. This is the glue that binds existence together. Foo + bar = Foobar.

bitsmart -
information illumination -
bitsmart@bitsmart.org -

Vladimir

I have to disagree somewhat with you guys. My point of view is that SOUL cannot evolve. Soul is formless, unborn, always existing, unchangeable, forever free of conditioning, forever filled with knowledge and absolute bliss and all of that already IS, and never was nor it will be. The purpose of life, as I see it, is to identify with the soul, and to reject all false identifications like I am this body, I am this mind, I am this ego, even I am living being etc., and realize that we ARE already that soul with all its qualities and we never have been something else nor we would ever be something else. All divine and wondrous knowledge is in us ALREADY and we just have to
reach out and hold to it. PRESENT is the key, past and future doesn't really exist, they just appear to be because of the thinking process. Also, I am intentionally using the word soul and not souls, because really there is only one soul, shared by all living beings because all living beings are in fact ONE. All duality stops on higher levels of
consciousness. In a manner of speaking, every man (being) is Creator himself (!) but is bound to his position in matter universe due to his believes and accordingly to his thoughts. So, in my opinion, soul cannot evolve, but our individual level of consciousness certainly can. I am not saying that this is the ultimate truth (no one can
say that) but having this approach towards life there is really nothing to worry about because the very nature of our existence is immortality and our possibilities are infinite (sky is not the limit).

Best wishes, Vladimir

eYeBallKiD

I agree with you wholeheartedly Vladimir.

One point I would differ though is:
(PRESENT is the key, past and future doesn't really exist, they just appear to be because of the thinking process. )
The notion of "present" has to be discarded with as well.

- eYebaLlKid

Rob

Vladmir: If there is only one soul, and we are division of it, cuts off the reflections of God, then is soul quantifyable? I mean, can one person then have more "soul" than another? And what are its properties while we are on the subject?
Food for thought, no more no less
--------
peacus maximus

(!!!Formerly known as Inguma!!!)
You are the Alpha and the Omega. You are vaster than the universe and more powerful than a flaring supernova. You are truly incredible!!

Vladimir

To Inguma: The soul in not divisionable, it is always ONE, despite appearing as
many in all living beings. Consider your consciousness, do you think it is yours only?
The exact same consciousness is in me too, or in any human or living being, and I
don't mean similar or identical, I mean the same ONE. When you have sense of
individuality that is because of your thinking process, but when the mind is cleared of
thoughts your consciousness is still there and your ego (or the sense of individuality)
disappears and then you can realize that, in fact, you are not your ego, or your body,
you ARE consciousness itself. You can never lose this consciousness (when your
body dies) because you are consciousness itself. Your (every) body is just mere
cosmic machine that acts under the cosmic laws of nature and until you dismiss the
desire to act as an individual and to perceive reality trough your ego that works
under the veil of thoughts, you will be bound to live bodily life in this matter universe
and to act and have experiences accordingly to your thoughts. The physical death of
the body is nothing more than some sort of update, when another body is provided
by nature and being is able to perform and have desired experiences that were not
experienced during previous life. When karma (life events) is performed in
thoughtless awareness and without ego than it does not generate further karma and
that is the path of ending birth and death cycle. On the other hand, our/your
consciousness is nothing more than outer extension of the soul, so you ARE the soul
already, but not yet conscious about it because of the ego and veil of thoughts. The
soul is active, outer extension of passive inner core of what we call God. Notice,
"soul" and "God" are just the words of something that cannot ever be fully described
with words because of its formless nature.
Please notice, it was never my intention to offend your religious beliefs with this
answer. I respect every religion or belief system and it is my opinion that every
scripture or holly book is, in fact, the incomplete record (incomplete, because the
spiritual knowledge is infinite, even if you could have the book as big as universe it
still wouldn't be big enough to have all spiritual knowledge written down in that
book) of the spiritual knowledge that has been presented to certain people, in certain
times, in certain conditions, in certain way or words that have been easiest for those
people to understand and always using some forms to describe formless. But for the
true seeker, sooner or later, it becomes obvious that every  holy book or scripture is
just telling the SAME story but in different words.

To eYeBallKiD: I would rather say the same but in this words: The concept of time
has to be discarded. In fact, we exist in eternal present, but on this human level we
feel the passage of time due to our thinking process. On higher levels of
consciousness the present consists of ALL past and future moments absorbed in one
eternal present moment. Many of the saints have reached enlightenment just by trying
to live in the present. In present moment there are no thoughts, there is no ego, there
is nothing at all but consciousness itself. All of our so called "problems" arise when
we THINK about the past or future and that is exactly what 99,9% of the people do
during their whole lives and never once try to live in the PRESENT.

Best wishes, Vladimir

Rob

Hey!
Offend me?? Ha! You would have to try a hell of a lot harder than that!!
No to the most extent I aggree with you. So what you are saying is that consciousness=soul? -
quote:
You can never lose this consciousness (when your
body dies) because you are consciousness itself

But then many people are not very conscious at all! Take animals for example - or yourself when dreaming. You are "there", and experience conscioiusness to varying degrees from full lucid dreaming to barely aware of anything which is going on. I think that energy is the food of consciousness, and we affect our energies in turn leading to greater awareness but you have to Work at it. And then there is, as you say, the ultimate God beyond all Gods, YHVH perhaps, that knows everything ever. But this is not consciousness which we can relate to in any form what so ever. So then you can easily come to the consclusions that we are shards of consciouness, essentially unlimited but still under the (physical world) impressions of limitation. Then if you take the mind-split into effect along with remembering that many magickal practices involve the creation of thought forms/servitors/etc by reflecting off a certain part of our psyche, and that on even a higher level we are all different (thought forms of the creator), and you could come to the conclusion that we are not the entirety of the ultimate God but pieces of the whole. Admittedly with the potential to become the whole, and if/when we manage this we essentially become the same as God, and so ARE God, and there is then no division, and no perception of seperation. But, until I can fully realise this (as opposed to merely philosophising myself around the problem), the perception of seperation remains - I think that a very high degree of spirituality is required before this full realisation takes place, which is quite a major spiritual event from all I have read
My own take is kinda kabalistic, in that the "lower self" is what changes between lives (lower personality), and that the "higher self" (of ourselves)  is what carries on ad infinitum adding to itself, which can then be called "soul". This is the higher percepetion, and most peoples goal here is to raise and purify the lower self so that it may integrate with the higer self, leading to the initiated grade of adept, revolving around the Tiphareth, the Christ centre. Then, after that (eg RB) the next step it to integrate and become God in the fullest sense, initiation into Kether, the infinate unmanifest and point of all creation. Which is nice!!!!!
I also aggree that every religios book refects ultimate truth, although corrupted by the vanity and power seeking man (eg Christian "the only path to God is through me" - supposedly said by Jesus.....from what I know this is absolute garbage). But then also "ultimate" truth is still only that from out lowly perspective, living in the world of illusions (maya, gaia), and so not very ultimate at all!
perhaps, I am?
or more literally - I will be? But then if I am not that now, what am I???
headache material indeed....

(!!!Formerly known as Inguma!!!)
You are the Alpha and the Omega. You are vaster than the universe and more powerful than a flaring supernova. You are truly incredible!!

distant bell

Interesting subject!  I have been thinking about these things alot, and read/herad many different theorys.... but in the end I just wonder this-
How can we know? We have our theorys, but in my opinion, they are
ONLY theorys, might be wery good theorys, but still only theorys.
Sometimes I let myselfe in on metaphysical discussions with people,
and take a stand point- but that´s usually just for fun- because I have
hard times belive that anyone can really know when it comes to the "heavy" cuestions about life and the soul. It is one thing to talk about things that are in some way empirical messurable (like energys, auras, oobes,magick), but things that are pure philosophic speculations are really just specualtions.

But hey, continue your discussin!! after all philosophic theorys is one of the yous of life!

-- Love is the Law - Love under Will --

bitsmart

I'm with distant bell; from where I stand, such outlandish questions seem unanswerable to me right here, right now. While still trying to expand my awareness and consciousness, I try to leave such questions to be answered later, and stay focused on the ones I can answer here and now, on the physical plane (where I place most of my awareness.)

bitsmart -
bitsmart@bitsmart.org -

Vladimir

Dear Inguma,
as I see it, we generally agree on everything. As you said:

quote:
But, until I can fully realize this (as opposed to merely philosophizing myself around
the problem), the perception of separation remains...

My point exactly! Duality is just a matter of perception, not actual division.

Also, I agree that every path is good as long as you search for spirituality within
yourself, and everyone has to find out for themselves what suits them the most.

As for the Jesus, in my opinion, he was absolutely right when he said: "the only path
to God is through me". This is exactly what everyone have to say to themselves: "the
only path to God is through me". So, as usual, he was telling the truth.

Best wishes, Vladimir

Momentsofclarity

" Maybe we are just like the butterfly, But our cocoon lasts between 70-90 years on average"

or shall i just go?

Life is good!

Adam

Thank you Vladmir, for your posts. I can feel the Truth woven throughout your words.

"Mirror, mirror..."

I am finding it hard to pick the right words here. I want to put forward question and statements...but I feel anything I can say or put forward you have already seen.

The way I feel it to be is that we are a creation (or extension) of God, and that we have come to Earth to love, unconditionally. Love is the answer! When we know love, we know God.
From the heart comes Truth.

We have infite wisdom, power, capabilities...but we must surrender to them to know them. And to feel Divine Love.....surrender...
Everything in life, is so we can learn, evolve...*grow*
...and to have fun :)

"To enter the kingdom of heaven, come as a child" - Jesus (I know the quote is not quite right, but the basic idea is the same :)

I still have much learning to do. Thank you for helping me to remember that.

Adam

Vladimir

Dear Adam,
yes, indeed, we must become children (again) to enter the kingdom of heaven.
Children are living and behaving 100% in harmony with nature until they develop
thinking process and start to "learn" about duality of the world. Little babies are even
capable to see the aura around the human body. They perceive the world trough
emotions and not trough thoughts and emotions are much higher way of
communication and interaction with the world around us than thoughts or spoken
language. Of course, LOVE is the highest language of the universe.

Best wishes, Vladimir

cainam_nazier

I just had to throw this in.   It's fubar not foobar.

F.U.B.A.R.  -  Anacranim - pronounced Foobar. Stands for F***** Up Beyond All Recognition.

In other words - hosed, screwed, not good, bad or really bad, the rainy day you "should" have been saving for, wrong, beyond control, messed up, so messed up you think it might not be real, an abattoir, a nasty abscess, bane,  a low point in life, a state of troubler or disorder

Often used when nothing else seems to accurately describe the situation.

Often used in conjunction with S.N.A.F.U.   or  Situation Normal.  All F***** Up.

David Rogalski
cainam_nazier@hotmail.com
I am he who walks in the light but is masked by the shadows.

ralphm

the meaning of life-isn't that a movie by monty python?

In the world in general and in this nation
May not even the names disease, famine, war, and suffering be heard.
May virtuous qualities, merit, and prosperity greatly increase
And may continuous good fortune and subline well-being perfectly arise.

monicat777

so then none of it matters. mundane bla bla bla.  on earth for no purpose of evolvement? resulting in the idea of no purpose at all?  not the opportunity to be humbled? to further the appreciation of "the great beyond"? no real individualality when it comes to the soul? just part of one great big peaceful blob? that sounds really really really boring. i hope  things are a little more interesting than that. like maybe an infinate collage of energy and awareness..where somehow the pieces fit but everything is different but still part of the same piece. growing and changing constantly but with constants.
just the here and now...i want to have things to look forward to. i want to have a  choice of what those things are. i dont wanna just be, i wanna live..on whatever level. i think thats part of my spirit not part of my khakis. maybe im crazy. if you can further yourself spiritually here...which obviously a lot of us appear to at least be attempting then i believe there is no end to your spiritual devolopment and experience leads to knowledge and knowledge leads to the next thing and the next and the next and the next. and i think that energy creates and shapes "place" after place keeping all of it totally expanding and so on. i HOPE infinately to no end so that I for one can LIVE and experience the way that I, yes I..want to.  even if i am only a little splat on the windshield of life.(okay im gonna stop right there)lol

bitsmart

I'm with you Monica, it's all an endlessly complexifying fractal explosion, and God divided into many parts (entities) is experiencing the universe in new and exciting ways, and evolving spiritually. There's definitely a point, but not really any point in worrying about it. God has a sense of humor, and the Universe is one big joke. We're all missing the punchline, so instead of trying and trying to get it, just laugh. Heh. http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_big.gif" border=0>

bitsmart -
bitsmart@bitsmart.org -

bitsmart

Perhaps we could define the purpose of life and the meaning of life seperately as well as integrally.

I believe the purpose of life is to experience and develop as a soul, which becomes part of higher and higher spirit until it becomes part of the Creator, like some great cosmic-energetic Rube Goldberg machine.

I believe the meaning of life more complex, yet extremely simple. For now I'll just say it's something like a firecracker detonated for the Creator's amusement.

Integrally, the purpose and the meaning? Foobar.

Why worry? It's probably so beyond anyone's comprehension that it's silly to ask repeatedly and repeatedly get answers like...foobar.

bitsmart -
bitsmart@bitsmart.org -