News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

The ambition to be content or....

Previous topic - Next topic

muzza

Life happens no matter what we worry about. I have taken on a bit of Buddhist philosophy in regard to this. The First Noble Truth is 'Life Is Suffering' which I take to mean as life is hard...the struggles and hardships we face are a part of life that everyone goes through and needlessly worrying about them only compounds them. Now days I try to live my life in the understanding that life is hard. I deal with whatever issues are important to my current situtation and once resolved enjoy the peace and tranquility until the next one comes along, which it always does.

Our mindset and decisions can also influence what struggles and hardships we face in life but somethings are unavoidable and I think what really counts is how we react to what we have to face. We can only be responsible for what we say and do so the only person who can make you change is yourself. If you dont like worrying or all those 'little things' that happen every day then make a conscious effort to change the way you view them and the way you react to them. It takes time but can be done! http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

And remember there are lots of people on this board who are always willing to listen and offer good advice...so use them! http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

-- Muzza

Nerezza

" We can only be responsible for what we say and do so the only person who can make you change is yourself."

I  guess what im asking is, do we really want to make a change?

I did a media literacy course a few years back and I learned that many smoking/alchohol companies put hidden images into their adds. Usually they were images of death and the reason given for this was that everyone subconciencously has a death wish.

I understand that life is hard, but when I go through a period of calmness, I crave the times when I was stressed. If fact, it feels like the only time im happy is when I have something to worry about, no matter how trival. Im not complaining about it, I just always wondered why I, and a few other people I know, need to "suffer" for lack of a better word in order to be complete. Shades of masochism perhaps?

Are we truly sad when we're totally content? A contradiction perhaps but is there something to it?

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." St. Thomas Aquinas

jilola

IMHO, we need to go through a lifetime where we need trouble either consciously or subconsciously. It's just another lesson to learn among many others. Next time around you could be learning to live without trouble.

And I realize this opinion sinks like a brick if you don't believe in reincarnation.

2cents

jouni

Nerezza

.... the desire to struggle?

My life, as with the lives of other people, has it's share of difficulties. Everyday I face something I would rather not face and sometimes the problem in question drags out for weeks or months. However when it is over I immediately search my mind for something else to worry about. I've talked  to several other people and that seems to be the case with them as well.

Lets say that we were put on this earth to learn. Does the idea that we seek further troubles without realizing it imply that this is true? Or is it just another side of the human essence.

It seems that throughout life we try to reach a status of happiness, but we make more problems or seek more problems to replace those we solved, or we add to those we haven't. Awhile ago I went through a hard time and it took about one minute to find another problem to take it's place. I felt like I was empty without.

Im not really sure about using the word "we" so I want to ask you:

Do we make life harder for ourselves when it doesn't need to be? Do we let the little things get to us on purpose?

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." St. Thomas Aquinas