News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

The Universe and the Cosmos

Previous topic - Next topic

Logic

Within the last few years, theoretical physicists have denounced the original theory of the big bang itself, and an expanding universe. The ambiguous variables of dark matter and dark energy (matter and energy necessary to explain the physics of the existing "known" universe, which are undetectable (theoretical in the first place)) allow for various other theories to co-exist along side the standard NASA teachings of the early cosmos, such as:

A flat multi-dimensional universe in a vaccume (in a donut shape, not a sphere)

String Theory, though there are so many revisions of it that they are almost pointless to explain, which supposedly fits with the unified field theory, perfectly.

What Im saying is, there are many other theories, which are all equally as possible, however they are not as well known nor are presented as fact. Oddly enough, I doubt understanding the real origins and workings of the universe will ever be possible, and humanity will continue ever changing and evolving ideas.
We are not truly lost, until we lose ourselves.

Sinestro

Yeah Logic, you can go ahead and say that my information is based on theory instead of fact. I get my information from sceintist, and I think that they know more than you do. I take it your one of the Christians that believe in the dumb book full of contradictions and lies which would be the bible. How pathetic it is that religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time! But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Look Logic I will believe in what scientist tell me, not some stupid book.
-Sinestro-

Logic

Sinestro, what the hell are you talking about? hahaha.

Do you honestly have nothing better to do than to randomly string together unrelated garbage and try and argue with everyone? I'm not christian, I don't know how you have come to this conclusion, but for someone who is pretty anti-christian you sure do a lot of preaching. If all you're going to do on these forums is throw in unrelated rantings towards christianity, or anything for that matter, I suggest you stop wasting our time.

quote:
I get my information from sceintist, and I think that they know more than you do.

I didn't invent these theories or concepts, "scientists", othwerise known as theoretical, astro, or quantum physicists have gone and developed these theories long before I even conceived of such things. And for that matter, if you're so sure of yourself why don't you disprove everything that I have said right now, since you are so much smarter than I, because of cousre, you only take everything "scientists" tell you as truth, not "a dumb book full of contradictions" ;)
We are not truly lost, until we lose ourselves.

The AlphaOmega

Damn Sinestro, talk about getting off topic.  Science is incredibly useful in discovering the truth of the universe and the cosmos, but philosophy and science are entirely different.  Tell me again why this post is in the philosophy section?  I'm also curious as to why those numbers that you gave us show that the universe is flat.  4% normal matter, 23% dark matter, and 73% dark energy (which I think you may be getting confused with other things, ie- where's the helium in all this, the most abundant energy in the galaxy?)... are these numbers the official mathematical equation for being flat?  If the universe continues to expand, why would it expand on a flag line with it's dimensions are limitless?  All religion aside, it's quite clear to anyone with some level of common sense that you don't have a clear thought of your own, science forms them for you.  Science is philosophy that has been proven.  Couple thousand years ago astronomy, medicine, and anatomy were philisophical ideas discussed through reason and probability.  It's only when these things could be studied in depth through technology that they were no longer a form of philosophy but a science.  In regards to the study of the universe, scientists are still learning to crawl.  It wasn't more then 30 years ago that they discovered black holes.  That the things they know now are subject to further discovery and ultimately change as it gives way to understanding is more of a fact then anything they know now.  You think you know science, but you should brush up on what history has taught us.
"Discover your own path to enlightenment with diligence".
              - Buddha

BurningAngel

Sinestro, logic is not even a christian you tard.

http://youreadumbass.ytmnd.com/

Nagual

Just ignore this Sinestro guy, he's a troll looking for a fight...
If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

beavis

religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time! But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more.

Sinestro whats the matter, cant use your own words? lol George Carlin did say that well.

BurningAngel

lol excuse me while a crap myself in awe at the all knowing george carlin.

Arie

Paper 57 Section 1 in the Urantia Book...I know this is the philosophy forum...but the science already started so...oh, and Urantia is just the  name that they give our planet.

"Urantia is of origin in your sun, and your sun is one of the multifarious offspring of the Andronover nebula, which was onetime organized as a component part of the physical power and material matter of the local universe of Nebadon. And this great nebula itself took origin in the universal force-charge of space in the superuniverse of Orvonton, long, long ago."

www.urantiabook.org
"I hear and I forget... I see and I remember... I do and I understand."

ImmuredSoul

quote:
4 perecent normal matter, 23 percent dark matter, and 73 percent dark energy

Wow, all that dark. Good news for everyone with XP.
If I am to become that which will kill me, then perhaps I should just commit suicide? - My Immured Soul

gamer666

If hell is in the center of the earth then wouldn't it be really full and on day one more person would be added and the world would explode. Or did i just make that center of the earth thing up.  Anyways Is it possible that there was no creation of the universe or the creation of time.  And it was just always there forever

Sinestro

The universe is 13.7 billion years old(plus or minus 1 percent)and the first stars appeared 200 million years after the Big Bang, far earlier than most previous estimates. The exact proportions of the contents of the cosmos are:4 perecent normal matter, 23 percent dark matter, and 73 percent dark energy. These figures indicate that the universe is flat and will most likely continue to expand forever.
-Sinestro-