News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Time

Previous topic - Next topic

Eliaz

Never hold onto anything that exist in time, for the reason that all things in time will disappear. Time is not something that you should hold onto, time is simply something that you should observe. Observe the flow of time and you'll observe the flow of the universe, remember to let go of all things that exist in time, for in time they will eventually disappear.

Szaxx

Only applies in the PHYSICAL.
Time is irrelevant, non physical experience will prove this to all eventually.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Eliaz

Of course it only applies to the physical, you are reading this in the physical plane aren't you? :) The message is intent for the physical to get ready for the non physical. No attachments equals to no suffering

Astralzombie

Time is a weird thing. It arguably doesn't exist yet we can measure it and can't escape it's relevance on our lives. We measure the concept in two ways. One is through distance and space and the other is through the degradation of material.

So how does one hold on to time? The only way I can think of is to remember the experience and that is the purpose of existing in a physical reality.

So why would we let all things go if the experience is the purpose?

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Eliaz

Quote from: its_all_bad on April 08, 2013, 09:47:42
Time is a weird thing. It arguably doesn't exist yet we can measure it and can't escape it's relevance on our lives. We measure the concept in two ways. One is through distance and space and the other is through the degradation of material.

So how does one hold on to time? The only way I can think of is to remember the experience and that is the purpose of existing in a physical reality.

So why would we let all things go if the experience is the purpose?

I wrote not to hold onto things that exist in time because attachments only creates suffering. Letting go of everything you think you are, letting go of your earthly body, letting go of you ego, letting go of your family, of your lover, of your friends, of your job, of your house, of everything you own and everything you think you are, letting go of the physical not the experience. Nothing that you think you own is really under your ownership, it's all under the ownership of earth, of time, we are not here to get attached to those things, we're only here to experience them. We have to accept each moment that passes, now we don't have to agree with every moment that passes, but we still always have to accept each moment, because time is a river and a violent stream, the flow of time can't be reversed. So we have to keep going with that flow, and not trying to reverse it nor trying to hold onto it, but accepting the idea that the flow is flowing towards a destination, which is death. Because death is just another destination of change, like life is, a beautiful stream of constant change. I let go of myself, I let go of the idea that I am 'Elias', I'm ready to accept death every moment of my waking life, because I am not attached to the idea of myself.

Never hold onto anything that exist in time, for the reason that all things in time will disappear. Time is not something that you should hold onto, time is simply something that you should observe = experience. Observe = experience the flow of time and you'll observe = experience the flow of the universe, remember to let go of all things that exist in time, for in time they will eventually disappear.

Don't hold onto earth, just watch it, observe it, experience it.

Szaxx

Letting go of everything will lead you to having no purpose. The emotions wull be shut down and compassion will not exist as a result. The watcher is all thats left.
If your purpose is to be unfettered then I'd suggest waiting for the physical experience to expire. There's no time once you pass this stage. Your purpose is to experience this physical world and learn its ways. I've been here for a long time and the Watcher state is a wasteful one. You can't undo that which is done, its true you can't do that which hasn't either.
Have a long hard think on this. Life is for living. It's so short too.
There's an age old saying that speaks volumes,
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
Deep thoughts required.

Eliaz

Quote from: Szaxx on April 09, 2013, 07:50:35
Letting go of everything will lead you to having no purpose. The emotions wull be shut down and compassion will not exist as a result. The watcher is all thats left.

To let go of everything, to live with absolutely no attachments to life is possibly the most blissful and ecstatic life you could ever hope to achieve, for the reason that you will remove all the suffering you have in your life and most of the reasons to suffer. The purpose will simply be to see everything as it is, with total compassion, no judgements, no labels, no this is that way and that is this way, but simply seeing and experiencing the true essence, the true meaning of life, behind the clouds of your mind, behind the trance state that people seem to keep residing in.
Your emotions won't shut down, but you will experience the true meaning behind your emotions, you won't become your emotion, you will simply watch it, feel it, understand it, letting it flow in and out without attaching yourself to it.  "Emotions are like waves, watch them dissapear in the distance."

If your purpose is to be unfettered then I'd suggest waiting for the physical experience to expire. There's no time once you pass this stage. Your purpose is to experience this physical world and learn its ways. I've been here for a long time and the Watcher state is a wasteful one. You can't undo that which is done, its true you can't do that which hasn't either.
Deep thoughts required.

I really don't think you get the true meaning behind my message, but if you haven't had the chance to experience the state of an absolutely silent and blissful state of mind I can understand you in a sense.

I've been here for a long time and the Watcher state is a wasteful one.

To dwell in the holy moment of now, is to dwell in a holy life. A thoughtless mind is the all-knowing mind, a silent mind is the most powerful mind, to be totally in the moment of now is to have total awareness, total compassion, laughter and tears for no reason, you're simply flowing with the universe in its true harmony, in one of the greatest possible states you could achieve in this life. To say that the watcher state is a wasteful state must be one of the craziest things I've ever heard in my life. Try saying that to someone who is trying to achieve enlightenment and look at the answers that you will receive. To achieve a totally silent mind is one of the most important things to learn and develop on your way to enlightenment.  It's what Buddha and many great spiritual teachers was trying to teach. It's what meditation is all about, focusing on your breath and removing the clouds of your mind.

Deep thoughts required.

You're really confusing the state of a silent mind with something else, you can still experience those things, but you will experience them with TOTAL AWARENESS, tasting every bite that you take, smelling the air, hearing all the sounds, seeing every colour, every shape, totally conscious of all the actions that you make and not to keep operating by habit, not to keep dwelling in a trance, not to keep walking around in zombie like state, but being TOTALLY AWAKE!

I really suggest that you read those two books,

1. "BUDDHA, THE WORD" (The Eightfold Path) http://www.sacred-texts.com/bud/buddha2.htm

2. "Be here now" By Ram Dass, an ex harvard psychology professor who became an spiritual teacher. http://it.scribd.com/doc/6531720/Ram-Dassbe-Here-Now

Read those, learn and experience their true message, their true meaning and hopefully you will understand my message.

"One thing and only one, philosophy.
But this consists in keeping the daemon within a man free from
violence and unharmed, superior to pains and pleasures, doing
nothing without purpose, nor yet falsely and with hypocrisy, not
feeling the need of another man's doing or not doing anything; and
besides, accepting all that happens, and all that is allotted, as
coming from thence, wherever it is, from whence he himself came;
and, finally, waiting for death with a cheerful mind, as being nothing
else than a dissolution of the elements of which every living being is
compounded. But if there is no harm to the elements themselves in each
continually changing into another, why should a man have any
apprehension about the change and dissolution of all the elements? For
it is according to nature, and nothing is evil which is according to
nature. This in Carnuntum." -  THE MEDITATIONS OF MARCUS AURELIUS ANTONINUS

Szaxx

I misunderstood you. I have been witness to the oneness with everything. It's the ultimate state of mind achievable to mankind. You NEVER want to return from it. When you do this physical existance is pityful. It takes many years to achieve and it's worth every second.
My first thoughts were of a monks life when reading your last post. That's one of individuality and no belief system to follow. An unchained and free life but monk would be an incorrect term.
What you are explaining is available but not in the physical due to sustainance of the body. The hunter gatherer inherent for survival gets in the way of such a pure existance. Its possible to replicate this within limits and to label it generally would suggest a hermit like system.
Im sure you've thought hard on this and have more to say. Im attempting to understand how this could work within the social system of today. A difficult task indeed.

Contenteo

In the end, the universe tends to unfold as it should.

Cheers,
Contenteo

loppoppy

Quote from: Szaxx on April 09, 2013, 16:47:28
Im attempting to understand how this could work within the social system of today. A difficult task indeed.

If it helps, there is a fine line between connection and attachment. you can apply it to the world we live in this way, although it is very difficult and I do not profess mastery over it.

I highly enjoy video games for the stories they tell and the interactivity they provide to these stories, but if my games were to disappear I would not miss them. There is not attachment there, just a connection from which i take the most I can from, then accepting they will end and I will move on. This is an easy example. Attempting to apply this to more "serious" matters such as your job or your love life can often blur that fine line and you end up straight up attached and missing the point. It's entirely possible to love another, to earn a lot of money, if that is what you're striving for, providing you take care and remain aware of it's true significance and the part it plays in your development.

We can't live our lives in solitude, we thrive when we connect with other things and beings. That higher state is a taster of what you're evolving into, there is no need to rush away from this plane until you've learnt what you came here to learn. I wouldn't reject this place, it's invaluable.
for what shall it profit a man if he is to gain the world and lose his own soul?