News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Very Important

Previous topic - Next topic

RemoteTouch

What do you believe is the single greatest thing a person can do to accelerate the coming of peace within the world?

By the way I love you
The secret to success is as simple as this - allow your dreams to come true

Leannain

Letting go of Greed. Greed is an hindrance to the development of a person's character. The key is to hit the right key between ambition(greed) and desire for evolution. And a willingness to do what's necessary to achieve that evolution. To some people, it might be necessary to let go of their obsession with money. To others, holidays to the Jamaica. And so on.

caterpillarwoman

Be peaceful in as many ways as possible. Won't change 'the world', but it will change YOUR world.

healixe

kill yourself and as many other human beings as possible,
for the world to reach conventunal peace humans have to cease to exist for as long as we continue to destablize the enivroment the world will never be at ease.

we are not normal, we are not mammels since we dont reach a natural equilibirum with our surrounds therefore we are the cause of everthing that is wrong

CFTraveler

mammal=animal that has mammary glands.
What did you think mammals were?

healixe

mammels have more than one definition, they need to statisfy certain terms ...

CFTraveler

Quote from: healixe on October 25, 2009, 17:28:40
mammels have more than one definition, they need to statisfy certain terms ...
Yes, but they have nothing to do with ecological equilibrium.

healixe

yes they do,
1 of the terms of a mammel is it reachs a equilbrium with its surroundings.......

CFTraveler

Quote from: healixe on October 28, 2009, 06:57:25
yes they do,
1 of the terms of a mammel is it reachs a equilbrium with its surroundings.......
Show me where it says that.

no_leaf_clover

I love you too!

(and that's my answer....)
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

caterpillarwoman

Quote from: healixe on October 28, 2009, 06:57:251 of the terms of a mammel is it reachs a equilbrium with its surroundings.......
I've never heard that one as a definiition of "mammal". Did a bit of googling, even, and can't find any reference to that. I'd be interested in hearing how/where this is defined, though.

healixe

cant remember which book it is, will find it later for you guys

healixe

this is a reference from it (an abstract on granted)

"Human beings are a disease of the species Homo sapiens, that means they are hairless monkeys. Unique among mammals, humans never reach a natural equilibrium with their environment. They spread to an area and they multiply and multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. Then they spread to another area. One other organism on this planet follows the same pattern - a virus."

it says unique but you get the point.

CFTraveler

Quote from: healixe on October 29, 2009, 10:10:53
this is a reference from it (an abstract on granted)

"Human beings are a disease of the species Homo sapiens, that means they are hairless monkeys. Unique among mammals, humans never reach a natural equilibrium with their environment. They spread to an area and they multiply and multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. Then they spread to another area. One other organism on this planet follows the same pattern - a virus."

it says unique but you get the point.

ps. he describes humans as hairless monkeys.  Monkeys, hairy or bald, are mammals.   I can agree with you (in fact, I agree that we behave as a plight on this earth sometimes), but the point is, if you're going to make a proclamation of what kind of animal we are (mammals) don't use criticism of the species as a basis to declare we are not mammals.
I know it annoys you that I jump every time someone makes a statement that is inaccurate and proclaims it as fact, but, an opinion is an opinion, and a fact is a fact.
And the fact is that we are our own species of primate that is a great pain in the butt on this planet, me being one of them.
A primate that is a mammal.

Tiny

Quote from: RemoteTouch on October 24, 2009, 19:05:07
What do you believe is the single greatest thing a person can do to accelerate the coming of peace within the world?

To speak calmly, relaxed and honest.

kurtykurt42

RemoteTouch

Great responses!

Keep em coming
The secret to success is as simple as this - allow your dreams to come true

Stookie

Treat others as you like to be treated

mo

i'd say that if one person grew enough spiritually, he eventually would almost radiate truth and love. the next step would be to connect to the masses with this ability to speak intriguing truth and bring it into the people's hearts.

if one could reach such a state, that truly would be phenomenal. i believe jesus was such a person. gandhi also comes to mind.

missym

Learn to love.
Love the Earth and everybody in it.
Bring into play the divine within you, so on the stage of life you can fulfill your high destined role.

Herewini1985

Quote from: healixe on October 29, 2009, 10:10:53
this is a reference from it

A reference from what, exactly? I can understand how you feel though. It can feel as though collectively the human race may appear to be nothing more than an abhorrent welt on the backside of mother Earth, however, remember that what you know is limited by what you've been told. To stereotype the entire human race as a malevolent cancer would be a broad generalization to say the least - there are many individuals who have dedicated their entire lives to the preservation of entire ecosystems - simply because they are aware of the reciprocal relationship shared between mankind and its environment - not to mention the natural survival instinct. A wise man once told me - why do we look at the sunset and think, "gee, that's beautiful". What is inherently 'attractive' about the sunset to me, the individual? Or an ocean view? Or any natural landscape? Why are we subconsciously attracted to the visual cue of a picturesque forest? Perhaps I'm wrong, but I'd like to believe it's because we're a part of it. If you want to think about it scientifically - our evolution would not be possible without the reciprocal relationship we have shared with the Earth, and nature in general.

A different, yet perhaps relevant comment I'd like to relay, is that of the cane toad. The cane toad was introduced into Australia to negate the threat a certain beetle was imposing on the sugar cane industry. The cane toad didn't really do its job too well (beetle numbers weren't significantly affected in part due to insufficient shade for the toads), and ended up becoming known as a pest - threatening the survival of native animals across Australia, even to this day. The point I think I'm trying to reiterate, is that like a 'cancer', the toads spread through the country. Yet they were - and still are - an important aspect of biodiversity on a larger, congruent scale. Maybe in a sense the play of humanity is similar, entities disconnected from their natural environment, struggling to make sense of a world they don't understand - yet inherently connected. Intertwined within the theater of the macro cosmic. Of course this is sheer, fanciful fleets of thought - but it's still food for thought, I suppose.

tenshi_R

learn to pee straight and lift the seats in public restroms.