News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

The Good, The Bad, And The Intent.

Previous topic - Next topic

shadow_xca

Well David you make a good point...

Well in my opinion the only bad part of such things would be in the intent. If your intent is of good nature and you are truthful to yourself, nothing too harmful should occure.  it is the person who decides what is good or evil, but who's to say that it truly is good. but again you yourself are the deciding factor. But as long as you are open minded and seek truth for your knowlage,  things should present themselves, either good or bad(of course depending on your judjment). But anyways, I am deffinetly not a leading authority on this subject. Common sense should clear things. There's all kinds of odd things that have odd consequenses when tampered with so be careful nun- the- less                                                                             Paul

kakkarot

energy is just like a hammer: a tool to do with as one will. one can heal with energy and one can kill with energy. it only matters as to what one would decide to do with it.

there are, however, some forms of energy that are more dangerous to use. not because they are evil in and of themselves, but because they can lead to different patterns of thought or action, can open one up to new experiences that could drive one mad with pleasure or power. for instance, the dark ki isn't evil in itself. it does cause one to want to destroy things, but only if it gets out of hand does it become dangerous (but then, anything that gets out of control is dangerous. "in over your head"), but it can also be used for good purposes (theoretically). one could use it to protect one's friends, or to wage a war, to stop pain, or force oneself to continue doing something even when the body is at the point of dying (naturally, one would want to have a really good reason for pushing oneself to the edge of death, though).

just like a hammer; can build houses or can tear them down. (although it is easier to tear down a house using a wrecking ball  :)  ).

~kakkarot

Secret of Secrets

WalkerInTheWoods

Good and Evil usually depend on your point of view. Usually they are just man made ideas that in truth hold no weight. Common sense does seem tell us all what we should and should not do. If you actually listen and search you will know what is right and wrong. Energies are just like tools, as been stated. I agree with this. It is how we use the tool that matters. I really do not believe that there are any "tools" that are dangerous for us to use.

Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

Paul

Sorry, there are things that are dangerous.

There are some practices that can be dangerous if you do not know how to use them. Incorrect energy work can unbalance you.

Robert Bruce, even has said about raising Kundalini for example, which is a very powerful energy which almost killed him. He has also been possessed, but luckly god rid of it.

So if you are sensible, everything is fine. It is important to stay in a blanced development. Physical, emotional, mental.

Take care :)

cainam_nazier

I actually do my best to avoid directly practicing most of the mothodes other people use.  As in I didn't know about it before.  I figure that with all things I will learn it as I need it.  As in instead of using a map to find my way I trust in my flashlight and sense of direction.  But I also read what I can to learn from others experiences.  Not to follow in thier foot steps but rather to help decide my own path.  But my path has lead me to some of these things that people say to avoid.  I do not feel the danger as being real but rather as a possability should I allow myself to get carried away.
   I understand balance all to well.  I am a Libra and hold extreamly true to that.   Balance in all things is a way of life.  Seeing all the side to a problem.  Which in itself creates new ones.  Do I follow the path mapped out ahead or do I look to the road less travelled to find my way.  It is not done to get there faster but to get there when needed, some times the need makes the road longer.
   Yes certain things are dangerous but that does not mean that you should not go there.  Nor does it make them bad.  If you look to the steps ahead as well as the ones that lead to this point you should be allright.  It seems to me that most people get themselves into trouble because they take an idea and run with it.  Not fully looking at all they are doing or have done.  This is where things get dangerous, this is where they go bad.   It is not so much the practice or the use of the energy it is the learing from it as well.  If nothing is learned than it can go bad very quickly.   But if you pay attention to the lessons being shown to you while you are there then only your intent will decide the outcome.

David Rogalski
cainam_nazier@hotmail.com
I am he who walks in the light but is masked by the shadows.

alchimiste

If God left the gnarly power saw and nail gun on the work bench I think he meant for us to use them but expects us to read the instruction manual first and perhaps start with a hand saw and hammer to get used to what these things can do......I agree fully; there is no good and evil just intention and points of view.

I say go ahead and use whatever energy you feel in harmony with or that is easy for you to use as the old saying goes " Guns don't kill people, people kill people"

Alchimiste

Alchimiste
(A student of Evolution)

Demande a Dieu et il te repondra....Cherches et tu trouveras....Frappe et l'on t'ouvrira.

cainam_nazier

How about, "I didn't shoot him I just supplied the ammo."

But like I said before I feel as long as caution is used then there really shouldn't be any major problems.  

However should problems occure there is most likely a reason for it, which is most likely a lesson that for some reason you needed to learn.  I guess I have one of those see the good in the bad kinda mentallities.

David Rogalski

WalkerInTheWoods

I agree David. Maybe when these "bad" things or "dangerous" things arise from trying something they are not really bad and meaning you should not proceed but rather they are there to teach you something that you need to learn before or as you proceed.

Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

cainam_nazier

I am still pondering this one.  

I keep hitting on this one thought.  I was told very bluntly by a couple of different people not to do and should stop practicing a certain thing.  I was told that it is used soley for black magic, the dark arts, what ever you want to call it. Evil.  So the question becomes this.  

Am I boardering on evil? Even though me and those around me consider me to be a good person?
Is it a question of beliefs then? Or teaching?
I discovered this on my own and when it was needed so how can it be bad?
These things have begun to help my spiritual and emotional well being, so again, how can they be bad?
Just because a person takes a different path than the mainstream does that make them bad?
Even "if" the practise is bad if the result and intent is good does it make a difference?

David Rogalski

Mobius

I wouldn't worry too much, unless they are people well versed in occult or metaphysical concepts. Then you should heed the warning as there are certain practices & faiths that work with & rely on negative energy, but it seems this wouldn't apply to you anyway as you are probably using positive applications & know that you will attract negatives to yourself by concentrating on them so much.

When I was about 15-16, my parents took some hardcore catholic friends who worked for a church on a tour of my bedroom, my hobbies at the time were AD&D & heavy metal & I had an obsession with the art associated with these things, I had my room completely covered in posters of demons,dragons,skeletons (mainly the ones from iron maiden), dead people everywhere, all over the walls ceiling & furniture, hehe.

My mother new what their reaction would be, "Blasphemy!, Heresy!, a shrine to the devil!" they said. I suspect they used the little show to stop these people earbashing them,hehe. They didn't seem to turn up again, maybe they thought my parents were teaching some sort of satanism & had a thing for death or something, as we lived on top of an ambulance station at the time.

Even more humour was created by these people, as I told some of my friends who DID know about that stuff & knew that it was no shrine to satan, as it had huge letters emblazoned across them like METALLICA, IRON MAIDEN, SLAYER. I guess people will see what they want to see & hear what they want to hear, I should know, I've been guilty of it myself.

You sound like a fairly positive person Cainam, so next time they try it on you, play with it a little.

Good journeys

Mobius

distant bell

David-
It has seemd to me so far that judging from your post on the forum you seem to be a well balanced smart guy. So I have no reason to belive that you should have bad enough judgement to do something "negative"

"I keep hitting on this one thought. I was told very bluntly by a couple of different people not to do and should stop practicing a certain thing."

But, the fact that you posted this topic makes me belive that you might put some value in the opionion of the  people who have critcised your doings.
And you still havn´t told ud WHAT it is you are doing- this makes me think that you perhaps suspect that people on the forum to might consider it to be strange or wrong..  

Of course I might be totaly wrong.

But I have to say I canno´t really give any answer to your question unless I know what it is that you do.

Felix

-- Love is the Law - Love under Will --

Qui-Gon Jinn

If harm none, do what ye will !´
  ....   meaning, whatever it is you do/practise, if doesn´t harm your brothers and sisters (including our non- human brothers and sisters of course) - do what ye will ...  at own risk of course since we are all completely responsible for all our actions......  

Harder than this I do not percieve it, if other tell you to stay out of it because they fear your safety, you may wanna listen to them, but then decide your own actions...

Be well David!  //Qui-Gon

- Your focus determines your reality -

cainam_nazier

THings I have been doing for a while now.

1.  Recently told as utter tabboo.  Absorbing energys from my enviroment.  Pulled from the air and absorbed into the body in the locations of the main chakras.  I was told this is bad for you.  Chakras should only ever emit energy and never absorb.  That's what I was told.  But like I said I have been doing it for a long time and never have had any ill effects, that I am aware of.

2.  Playing with, manipulating, and using energy or rather energy sources outside of the body that seem to be connected to the body. See - Chakras out side the body-   One individual told me that these centers are conrol points for the physical body and should not be played with.  A few others said that this form of energy manipulation is a way of dark magic, or only used for evil intent.  But it's primary function originally was that of protection of me, my home, and my familly.  With in the last few years I was using said energies to help enhance my own abilities and bring about new ones.

3.  Another main thing about the chakras outside of the body was again pulling that energy into the body and storing it.  I found this to be different from abient energies but found oddly that it was infact my own energies out side of the body and figured I was pulling them back to where they belonged.  

4.  Openly seeking to connect with a part of my ethric(sp?) self that I had no control over and had already been "given" a task.  I was told that the means in which it performs the task are not always pure, and should be carefull.  Aslo the nature of the task and the information that it has collected thus far could be more than I am ready for and/or the mir knowing this information could put me at greater risk.  -See- "Have you seen this person"  Although I have been told by one person here that I have no personal connection to this entity and that I again should not pursue it any further.  But a couple of people that I have met have seen this entity and see a connection with me and the entity, again they have told me not to pursue.
          A)  If I am indeed a part of it how can re-connecting with and re-establishing the control be bad?
          B)  If I am not a "part" of this thing then why do I feel the strong connection with it, and why is it something that has been there since I was a child?  So then would trying to contact this thing be bad if only to find out it's interest in me?  I believe myself to be more mentally stable to deal with this now than I have been at any other point.  I also feel that solving this riddle will answer more than a few questions I have about things that have gone on in my life.

Distant Bell-
"But, the fact that you posted this topic makes me belive that you might put some value in the opionion of the people who have critcised your doings.
And you still havn´t told ud WHAT it is you are doing- this makes me think that you perhaps suspect that people on the forum to might consider it to be strange or wrong.. "

Some of the "warnings" came from individuals that seem very knowlagable about such things, but the problem being that they could not give me any solid reasons.  Many just saying that it is not something that should be done or talked about and so on.  One such warning came from Mr. Bruce himself, but still with out answering the question.  But he did admit to not having experienced it and there for did not have first hand knowladge.

David Rogalski

distant bell

David-
Now that I know what you have been up to I have to say that it seems totaly ok to me. As long as you don´t have any moral considrations about what you do and if it helps you- then why not do it?
Even many who have lots of knowledge still ar trapped in superstision and fixed belifs. I say- try it out and se if the effect is good.

So as long as you don´t have any moral reasons not to do what you do- why not continue if it helps?

Felix

-- Love is the Law - Love under Will --

cainam_nazier

This topic was going to be named something else but it was too long.

"The Good, The Bad, And The Things You Just Shouldn't Do?"

Now I have noticed several things that seem to bother me but only slightly.  I have been for several years now doing many differen things that I have heard people say are bad or not good to be doing.  Now this is somethng that I do not understand.  Now it is widly believed here that there are certain energoes that you should not use because they can/will lead to bad  things.  How ever I have been using them for years now with no ill effects.  There are also a handfull of practices that I and a few others have that many consider wrong for various reasons but all it is said will lead to the "dark side" if you will.
  On some of these things I have not seen any basis for that kind of thought.  I do not see how an object, energy, or practice can be inherently bad or evil.  I do believe it could be a narrow path, but I believe it is the person that walks the path that ultimatly decides the good or evil.
  Now a couple of us have been talking about the energy just outside the body and what if anything can be done with it.  Now of the arguments I have heard against it they have ranged from be carefull to don't do it at all.  And they have all stated that bad things will come of it.  I do not see how some thing can be wholly bad if the intent is true.  Hence it is notthe power that a person has that makes them evil but it is what they do with it.  Absolute power does not neccisarily corrupt absolutly.  And not really meaning to throw God into this disscution as well but would not that statement make a God evil since they would have absolute power? (I am actually using god as a defense.)
  But I am just trying to make a point here.  It is more an issue of morality.  If the intent is true and good things come of it how can the use of certain objects, practices, and energies be bad?

David Rogalski