News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Anyone heard of the Occultist Basil E Crouch?

Previous topic - Next topic

Gandalf

I was just wondering. I have read that his book on Magick is very good and highly sought after, however there is zero info about him or his books on the web, which is unusual.

I thought I would ask here to see if any of you 'magick' types have heard of him.

Douglas
"It is to Scotland that we look for our idea of civilisation." -- Voltaire.

Wezzard

Greetings

I've all 3 and I believe you can still order them through Finbarr International.

Wd.

bloodsong

What are the names of those books so that I can order them from my local bookstore, please.

Bloodsong

labouts

It sounds like you won't get much luck at the local bookstore.
^ I probably would have thought that's insane a year ago.

bloodsong

You might be surprised at the friends I have here.  Just wanted to make it easier on them.   :)

Bloodsong

Wizard of Light

Can't say that I have heard of the name before myself, but then I am usually better at remembering book titles than authors (stupid I know).

I'd be curious to know the titles myself  :P
And he said "Let there be light", and so there was.

Wezzard

(Note to Mods; Pls. fix forum to send emails "Your post has received a reply since your last visit".)

1. "The dark Side Of The Moon"(1987)
2. "The Egyptian Magic Box" (1995)

But you almost certainly won't procure...

3. "The Secret Of A Lifetime" (1986).

Wezzard

(Yes it works. Problem was I'd set email to "enhanced" causing it to filter the email to Junkbox. Apologies.)

thankful

Can you tell us more about Basil Crouch?

Thanks!

Wezzard

Basil Crouch A.K.A. Basil LaCroix was\is one of those old-time great Magicians who learned by the pragmatics of worldly travels in lieu of the theoretics found in most books. (I'll just rip it out from "Dark Side" haphazard).
Basil spent his youth in a circus amongst the main artistes who were pure Romany, all members of the Manouche Tribe who revere Sara the Black Virgin & Jacques deMolay (GrandMaster of the Templars). The leading Witchdoctor taught him many trix of Magick.
He also learned many strange Spells from an Australian Aborigine Witchdoctor.
In the late 1960's he masterminded 'coven-style' Occult groups consisting of 6 or 7 women, reaching very advanced stages of development, like producing actual Apports using thoughtform entities, just mindblowing stuff.
His teachings excited alot of jealousy within Occult Societies who wanted this kind of thing kept secret.
Do you blame them ?

thankful

Wezzrard,

Thanks for the interesting info!

alucard

Does this Finbarr International have a website that I can purchase these books from?

Gandalf

Finbarr are mail order only as far as i know and always have been. They seem to stubbornly refuse to go electronic in any shape or form.

If anyone can remember their postal address then you can send them a note and they will send you a catalogue through the post.

I remember from years ago that most of their material is very good, much of it not found elsewhere, although you got the odd rubbish as well of course.

Doug
"It is to Scotland that we look for our idea of civilisation." -- Voltaire.

Wezzard

"Basil Crouch A.K.A. Basil LaCroix was one of those old-time great Magicians who ..."
Have just learned Basils' become the late as of 1995-2005 ca.

esoel

Hi, just read trough this thread, and thought i woud look about the web a bit.

Is this site what you were looking for?

http://www.molochsorcery.com/finnbarr.html

esoel
A small fact: The more you learn, the more certain you become that you actually know next to nothing.

Anu

Hi everyone,
I have a few books written by him, and sold only by him. The books are over twenty years old and for the very serious ocultist. He goes very deeply into origins of the rituals he describes, and when i say serious occultist i really mean that. I had to personally write to him first before i could get the coppies from him, and they were quite expensive back then. Any one who is interested please PM me for details. I may sell them as i dont practice any more. Seeing as this is the only website mentioning him i thought i would give someone this opportunity to find out more. Imay start a new thread discussing him as i found him to be a very informed person. Please only serious people PM me as these books were not published by Finbarr, and were never published, they are written in manuscript form, and probably very sought after. Thanks

Wezzard

His "Book of Forbidden Knowledge" (published after my above posts apparently) elicited the surprising fact that beneath the obscure veneer of his odd sources, Basil really was a hardcore Satanist, as against hardcore black magician. Darker than initially supposed, iow.

I always found after the flash his occult teachings inaccessibly useless to the solitary practioner, sorry to say. Online some1 was offering "charged talismans" as purported keys to Basils' system as being useless without'em, who knows. With Basils' boox you never knew what strange words might spring forth. But his words on mindpowers are powerfully inspiring.

Might I ask why you no longer practice ?

Anu

I dont have the "Book of Forbidden Knowledge", although I am aware of it, and I remember charged talismans, I even think I  purchased one. Dont think it worked for anything, but then who knows. I purchased a lot of books on the occult when I was very young, and I have read a few off the book shelves since then. Which of most are rehashes of the older stuff. You're right in what you are saying about black and even satanistic magic, regarding Crouch, flicking through one of the books, he describes a ritual used by Crowley, which borders on black/satanistic ritualism, which, he claims, originates from the Knights Templars. Crouch also gave courses on Hypnotism, which he describes using in rituals. A very intriguing man full of knowledge. I wonder what he would make of this forum?

As for practicing any of the occult now, I dont, however I do enjoy reading about it. Even if you dont practice there are still many things you can learn.

Drago462

Greetings Anu, what are the names of Basil's rare books you have? I would be interested. Thanks  :-D

zehaxkooa

Hrrrmmm, what are the names of these books you possess,.
Zeha........

Desertmanforever

Greetings Group,

I can see that I am getting in the tale-end of a MOST interesting subject (not any posts recently) that has fascinated me for some time now which is just WHO is Basil E. Crouch.

This Fenbarr publisher should come into the 21st century with the rest of us and discover the internet. Hey, it's Modern England, not a remote town in Peru. Whats with them anyway. Oh well.......

I DO own a few of his books and think that he is probably one of the Few people that was a true witch and not just talked the talk, BUT actually Walked the walk, and was most genuine and for the most part sincere. Funny thing that more people do not talk about their first hand experiences with him in England, as he probably knew many people and there are People like US that would love to share in his life and philosophy more than just his books.

I do so hope that Anu and Wezzard are still around, as I would VERY much like to know about Anu exchanging letters with him, and just what did Basil say.

Me and another friend have been looking for his ultimate book Demon's and Darklings which IS advertised in one of his other books, but it is quite rare. Just the title makes one sit up and take notice. Wish I had it.

Here hoping some of you read this and reply.

Desertmanforever
USA

Desertmanforever

P.S.

Since I am new I thought I would make those interested aware of a book seller on Ebay that sells many Fenbarr, and Basil Crouch books.

I have no way of knowing if this is tinkling off Fenbarr in England, but thats their fault since they can't work the Internet and such, Right.

Check out whosthefrog on ebay, and below for more of their books.

http://stores.whosthefrog.com/StoreFront.bok

I have never bought from them, but wrote them a couple of times and they are probably trustworthy as far as I know.

I know of one guy that REALLY gets ticked off at people like them who sell knock off books, but I've heard that it takes weeks to get a reply from Fenbarr, AND some people don't even get a catalogue, OR THEIR BOOKS.

Any negative reflection on Fenbarr is not intended, as they are a great torchbearer for books of magic and such. But hey guys come into the 21st Century with the rest of us and buy a PC. Then I will sing praises of you!

Hope this helps.

Desertmanforever
US of A

Wezzard

Finbarr (BC)
Folkestone,Kent
CT20-2QQ
England

That address is complete and should allow anyone to cutout the middleman.
They'll even accept cold-cash if you're willing the risk ! (maybe not the best idea).

Ol' man James Finbarr did make some experimental forays "with the medium (internet), but the results were not promising". His reticent nature suggests he himself is something of a LHP. Personal callers appearing on the bookstore premises so malignantly skeptical it bordered threatening, telephone calls at all hours of the night, lunatics needing nothing but psychiatry posing as potential bookbuyers--- nothing doing !

Assuming "Basil Crouch" is a true lead to follow will get anyone nowhere fast as all finbarr authors write under nome de plum--- a pack of ghostwriters. Some even use 2 or 3; who guessed the popular Carl Nagel also authored "Book of the Old Ones" by Scorpio.

Be sure to incl. 2 International Reply coupons available from your P.O. or ask for a catalogue with your order of any book, that way your paying postage; overseas isn't nickels & dimes anymore.

Desertmanforever

Thanks for replying Wezzard!

Yes, I gathered that they might all be ghost writers, as Basil Crouch is also Basil LaCroux, and even the "Red..."something or other. Still there should be some pictures somewhere of him, as other writers had their pictures on the cover of their books, too.  Too bad.

It is always hard to pick the wheat from the chaff, and the real gold from fools gold in the subject of Magic, as I have known a well known Magician here in the US (PLEASE NO NAMES} that recently died, and I determined after visiting with on a few occasions

ons that he was just another "Systems salesman" who peddled worthless Magical systems. Hey if the DID work then why was he living in a dump of a house and solely off of his advertised systems. RIGHT! I mean if he could work Magic then he would ALSO be rich. Well thats my take on the subject.

Anyway, Yes, I know Finbarr has their reasons for not going WWWeb, and I guess thats OK, too.

Finbarr is MUCH more interesting than the fluffy bunny junk Llwellyn puts out. I was at a Major University Library here in the US the other day, and going through their books on Magic and such and I saw a good many books on witchcraft in England so that made me more impressed with the English and their love and romance with the subject.

Just a side note. Among the many trips that I have made to Mexico it should also be noted that there are a great many more Witches (Brujo's and such) in Mexico and on the border towns than prople can ever imagine. The stories I have heard of them will stagger ones imagination. It might be the most bewitched country in the world now. I hope to plan a trip to the city of witches Catemaco someday!

Keep in touch.

Desertmanforever
USA

Desertmanforever

Hey Group!

Seems like I have ONE book that I can't get out of my mind and I need to read it.

Bottomley's "Letters From an Occultist" book sounds quite interesting.

I have a whole "Slew" of Finbarr books and would like to trade for one if anyone has this book and we can send it to each other on the Internet PDF or as an attachment.

Let me know.

I don't have any Bottomley books, but have read much on him and know that he is OK and "FOR REAL". Seen pictures if I remember correctly doing rituals in a room for students.

I think he's dead but so are all the other greats.

Desertmanforever