News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Astral and Magic Training

Previous topic - Next topic

raditus

Someone told me recently that a good way to get better at casting spells and using other magics was to go into astral and do it there. They said that I can get a better handle on the mechanics of the spells that way, so that when I use the magics in the physical world, I won't be messing up on them as much.

Does this even sound like good advice. I think it does, but want to get a view fresh eyes on it.

Szaxx

In the NP you can train your mind to do many things not available in the physical. The psi wheel in a jar thing can be learned in the NP. You have to get the right thoughts on moving the wheel and the NP serves well for this. Once you can easily do this in the NP, you can try the same in the physical.
It works but not as good.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

raditus

Okay, thanks.

I guess if I go that route, I will have to do much more training in the NP. Since doesn't work as good, will have to put in more time than just like five sessions or so.

Bluefirephoenix

took me about 8 years before I was getting anything really interesting going on. Patience and daily practice are essential You have to focus intensely.

Aries

You can just as easily learn magic in the physical.
I would say that unless you're working with a mentor in the Astral plane, your time could be better spent while projecting.
How can the spoon know the taste of soup?

Szaxx

Quote from: Aries on November 09, 2015, 05:15:41
You can just as easily learn magic in the physical.
I would say that unless you're working with a mentor in the Astral plane, your time could be better spent while projecting.

You train your mind in the NP. As there's no body to train there, your time is optimised. You'll only get missions to do once you're trained for them. In the meantime its learning the physics on many levels. :-D
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Rakkso

Astral Missions Rocks!! :-D My favorite so far is spin teleportation to fight Colllosus, I have to use Kamehamehas until I wake up feeling like goku :-P

Lumaza

Magick and also Prayer are based totally on focused will and intent.

In the "other realms" thought = action, so it is very easy to see almost instant results of a focused will and intent there.

...as Bluefire and Szaxx have said above though, it takes a lot of practice, training and a strong will to achieve in this physical realm. You have to be "all in" with your belief to achieve success with this here.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

raditus

Thanks again for all the input.

On magics and other abilities, why are others in NP shocked or nearly scared when they see me either attempting stuff or actually do things?

I personally chalked it up to the others in NP being unwitting actual projectors are are uncomfortable with seeing this stuff being doing as they bundle it up into Hollywood's portraying it as evil and destructive.

I also let someone I know see me created Zoe in NP and actually set her about to do a task. He was surprised, but thankfully pretty accepting.

Bluefirephoenix

Because anytime you are working with this sort of thing you will have something scary happen to you. It's your choice as to how you handle it. Most will attribute the scary stuff to psychic attacks or demons. The truth of the matter is, it is coming right out of their own head.