News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Book: Abramelin the Mage

Previous topic - Next topic

astralmaster

I own the book and am hesitant to use it in any practical way. the book is supposed to be very powerful - if you know what you're doing.
Needless to say, i am very far from knowing enough.

i am intresteted to see what kind of replies you will get.

David
David

Jonathan

Here's a site with a some notes about the book and advice (little) on how to use it.

http://www.digital-brilliance.com/kab/abramel.htm

Saints

I'll check it out.  Its seems to contain a lot of information.  I'll have to wade through it to see what it means.

Thanks!
quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan

Here's a site with a some notes about the book and advice (little) on how to use it.

http://www.digital-brilliance.com/kab/abramel.htm

narfellus

Saints, i have to tell you, be careful. In fact, that's probably not a good enough warning. If you want to learn more about magic read Introduction to Hermetics by Franz Bardon, then read his sequel about spirit Evocation. Contacting and manipulating spirits is NOT something you want to do unless you have an understanding of the elements, God, and the nature of the universe. Sure, you can do it without some of those things, but you run the risk of becoming nothing more than a shoddy sorcerer out for personal gain. Worst case scenario, you're going to find yourself knee-deep in lower astral entities. Magic is not a toy, it's a tool, and some tools are big and can chop your limbs off.

If but we knew the power of our thoughts we would guard them more closely.

Saints

Ok..I'll take my time and look for the right knowledge, support and environment if I want to pursue this.  My instincts are saying 'lets move on to something else'...so, I'll keep reading...Thanks
quote:
Originally posted by narfellus

Saints, i have to tell you, be careful. In fact, that's probably not a good enough warning. If you want to learn more about magic read Introduction to Hermetics by Franz Bardon, then read his sequel about spirit Evocation. Contacting and manipulating spirits is NOT something you want to do unless you have an understanding of the elements, God, and the nature of the universe. Sure, you can do it without some of those things, but you run the risk of becoming nothing more than a shoddy sorcerer out for personal gain. Worst case scenario, you're going to find yourself knee-deep in lower astral entities. Magic is not a toy, it's a tool, and some tools are big and can chop your limbs off.

Saints

I've purchased this book some time ago.  Its a paperback book giving a lot information on doing spells etc.  I'm not too familar with this aspect of metaphysics but according to the book, by applying it's formulas, you can conjure up spirits, animals, evil things, etc.  Some of the information is organized on the pages in frames (i.e., small boxes)and somehow you're suppose to operate the characters (?) by mediating on something in a ritual process.  Its seems like a big production.  Has anybody heard of this book and had any experiences exercising its information?

Radha

Saints,
I began my work is Ars Magica in 1959.  I was, like most people my age, too stupid to listen to the guidance of others.  We obtained materials from Israel Regardie (things he had typed for Crowley) and we had Abramelin etc.  We strutteed about conjuring this and that.....and one night we got what we asked for.
One of the members is still mentally, severely damaged.  One went into drugs and is still a psychotic drug user.  One became a child molester.
Two of us walked out in one piece.
The nearest thing to advice I will ever offer is this.  Have the intelligence to work within an esoteric order that has been around say 20-25 years as a minumum.  
Radha

TriCelticFive

"Respect should never be given just on the basis of stature"
<font color="orange">-TriCelticFive</font id="orange">

aryanknight666

QuoteSaints,
I began my work is Ars Magica in 1959. I was, like most people my age, too stupid to listen to the guidance of others. We obtained materials from Israel Regardie (things he had typed for Crowley) and we had Abramelin etc. We strutteed about conjuring this and that.....and one night we got what we asked for.
One of the members is still mentally, severely damaged. One went into drugs and is still a psychotic drug user. One became a child molester.
Two of us walked out in one piece.
The nearest thing to advice I will ever offer is this. Have the intelligence to work within an esoteric order that has been around say 20-25 years as a minumum.
Radha

A guide to what you DON'T do when conjuring a spirit:

Draw up a protective pentagram on the floor, sprinkle salt around the pentagram. Pick up an athame/sword of other magickal weapon, have a crucifex or holy bible near by. Summon your spirit....'OH MIGHT SPIRIT (insert name here) AS YOUR ARE BOUND BY THE HOLY SPIRIT I SUMMON YOU IN THE NAME OF JEHOVA AND STAND READY TO GOAD AND PUNISH YOU IF YOU REFUSE TO DO MY BIDDING OR ATTEMPT TO LEAVE, NOW SHOW, FILFTHY SPIRIT!!! IN THE NAME OF JEHOVA!!!'

Radha, is this what you did? That is a guide to get yourself royally f--ked in spirit evocation/invocation.
DO NOT use enemy god names, 'the holy spirit', 'jesus' or 'jehova'.
DO NOT draw a protective pentagram on the floor or use anything like salt sprinkled in a protective circle on the floor, this is insulting.
DO NOT use a magickal weapon or have one anywhere near the area of conjuration! Do not abuse the spirit in anyway! treat it with upmost respect and don't talk to it disrespectfully and demand that it do your 'bidding'.
Greet it respecfully! With the appropriate greeting, example 'Good Evening' and then the full and respectful name of the spirit (eg: Good Evening/Morning/Afternoon, Ashtaroth').
Ask if they are well, if they are busy at all. If they are busy, apologize for any inconveniance and tell them that if they want to leave then they can by all means. It's good to get to know the spirit first! When you want to contact it summon it formally for the first few times. DO NOT USE LESSER OR GREATER KEY OF SOLOMON METHODS, THEY INCLUDE ALL OF THE AFOREMENTION NO-NO's.
It is a good idea to get to know the spirit first after the first few formal summonings you can contact it by ouija board or pendulum if you wish. DO NOT JUST MAKE FREINDS WITH THE SPIRIT TO USE IT. It knows what is in your heart. DON'T USE ANYBODY. When both you and the spirit feel comfortable with asking for a favour if you want to ask for a favour, then say, 'I was wondering if you would please do my a favour if that is not too much trouble?'. Be prepared to offer it something in return. DO NOT MAKE 'PACTS'. You are asking for a favour and offering a token of appreciation, something in return. And this can be publicity, an artistic impression, poetry, writing, or a service both you and the spirit can agree on.
DO NOT SAY ANYTHING LIKE 'THE LORDS PRAYER' BEFORE CONJURATION AND DO NOT ASK ANY PROTECTION FROM ANGELS, 'GOD', OR 'JESUS'. Obviously this applies if you are summoning a goetic spirit. DO NOT GIVE IT A LICENCE TO LEAVE. This is insulting. Allow it to leave whenever it wishes.
Abuse a spirit and treat it with disrespect and it has EVERY RIGHT to lash out, fight back and punish you. Don't be stupid. Don't be ignorant. Don't be rude. Don't be disrespectful.
Thank you.

karnautrahl

Having read through the above, it sounds to me that "summoning" a spirit successfully is more akin to a magical version of do unto another what you would have the other do to you. No matter "what" the other intelligence is.
That sounds like common sense :-). If I was more psychic I'd have been tempted to try evocation using the above advice as a guiding ethic. However I appear to be psychically blind this lifetime (if that's valid). Hmm..I'll do a new post on this.
May your [insert choice of deity/higher power etc here] guide you and not deceive you!

daidaluz

Abramelin's book, as well as the Keys of Solomon are invocation books, probably you'll get a consciousness shift ,   if you invoke evil squares , you'll get some evil conscious states.  It's a good experiment to try the other squares.      A completely different thing is to try this magic in the astral, there you will see real entities.