News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Book of Thoth

Previous topic - Next topic

skymageinfinity

I am having trouble explaining to my friend that the Book of Thoth was not created by Mr Crowly...

But is rather a 'book' of heiroglyphics inside one of the Egyptian Pyramids which is the book which some believe the first tarot deck originated from.

Can anyone help me (with proof on a website or something) convince my friend that Alister Crowly did not invent The Book of Thoth!?

SMI

PS: I apologise if this subject/post has been discussed before... I have not been following these forums for some time now unfortunately.
"[Truth is] the offspring of silence and unbroken meditation." -Isaac Newton

Leannain

the book of toth is about what?
magik?

Suigin

There are two books, one real and one supposed, bearing the title "The Book of Thoth."

There is a popular but unbased theory that the Tarot originated as a book "The Book of Thoth" in ancient Egypt. Crowley did indeed write The Book of Thoth around the beginning of World War Two to supplement his Thoth Tarot deck, and it was named after the supposed ancient book. Crowley did indeed write a The Book of Thoth.

skymageinfinity

So to say that Crowly invented and wrote "The Book of Thoth" is incorrect?

More correctly one would say that Crowly 'rewrote' or 'retranslated' the original "Book of Thoth"...

Is this correct? Because otherwise we would be calling Crowly an ancient Egyptian writing about the God Thoth 5000BC ago?!

Suigin

No, Crowley's writing was his own. He merely borrowed the name of the theoretical book.

skymageinfinity

The theoretical book? What do you mean by that? Are you saying the 'real' book of thoth does not exist? And that Crowley created it?!

I am asking did Crowly invent the Book of Thoth?

OR did he just name his own work after the original one?

OR did he translate an ancient writing and call it that name?!

When someone asks you, who wrote the book of thoth? Do you answer Crowly or the Ancient Egyptians?

skymageinfinity

Leannain, this should answer both our questions!

QuoteThoth (Hermes) was said to have succeeded in understanding the mysteries of the heavens and to have revealed them by inscribing them in sacred books which he then hid here on Earth, intending that they should be searched for by future generations but found only by the fully worthy." These sacred books are often referred to as the 42 Books of Instructions or the 42 Books of Thoth which describes the instructions for achieving immortality plus 2 more books kept separately, mirroringthe 42+2 chromosomes and the sacred geometry embedded in the Great Pyramid.

http://www.crystalinks.com/thoth.html

The book of Thoth was written by Thoth himself... but because of the egotistical nature of Crowly he named his own work after it...

If anyone has an e-book of Crowly's 'Book of Thoth' I would really like to read it and see if he has legitamite references to physical historical writings in the pyramids... if indeed he did not make up the whole thing!

narfellus

Quote from: skymageinfinitySo to say that Crowly invented and wrote "The Book of Thoth" is incorrect?

More correctly one would say that Crowly 'rewrote' or 'retranslated' the original "Book of Thoth"...

Is this correct? Because otherwise we would be calling Crowly an ancient Egyptian writing about the God Thoth 5000BC ago?!

I've heard that in circles of Cosmic Humor, they (God and Higher Beings) find remarks like this humorous. In reincarnation terms, Crowley COULD have been an Egyptian, wrote a book, and then tried to translate his own writing 5000 years later! It is sort of ironic i suppose (not that Crowley was Thoth, but i'm sure the man has had a long mystical existense).
If but we knew the power of our thoughts we would guard them more closely.

alucard

Atlantis, is said to be at the bottom of Lake Titicaca, Bolivia.  If these tablets are truly made of emerald, as they say, then this is a wonderful clue in the rediscovery of atlantis.  You see, Bolivia has a higher emerald concentration then anywhere else in the world.

aleshah

This one looks like an abstract building of a space ship (look the monitors, the head equipment, the dragon head capsule....)

Ahriman

I recommend to read "The Ancient Secret of The Flower of Life", by Drunvalo Melchizedek. It will explain a lot about Thoth and the 42 Books and about the history of Atlantis.

personalreality

That guy is a charlatan.

Crowley didn't write "The Book of Thoth", he wrote a tarot book about the Thoth Tarot (which he did create with an artist) called the book of thoth.
be awesome.

Everlasting

I suppose it's not "The emerald tablets of Thoth" according to this writing Thoth was an Atlantean who survived the atlantis cataclysm and jumpstarted the Egyptian civilization.
Priests of hippocratic love talk of peace and Christ, Power is their only goal. Now they all shall die.