News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Completley new to Magic

Previous topic - Next topic

Namra

Hi.  I know nothing of magic at all.  I read a little bit in the forums and got a vague idea but most of the posts seemed to be focused on evil magic.  I want to know about Magic but not black magic.  Ultimately, I would like some angelic consultation and help.  I have a very ambitious goal that I wish to accomplish and perhaps magic can help me out.  I was wondering if anyone could direct me to a link or provide their own or some other information to help me out.

I would greatly appreciate anyone who can help me out.  Thank you very much.
The Past, The Present, The Future, The Frunde

CaCoDeMoN

Hi!
I remember seeing some angelic sigils in a book called "Summoning Spirits" by Konstantinos. That book perfectly explains how to summon them, I never tried summoning angels, only goetic spirits, but it should be similar. If you will not be able to find that book somewhere in the net, I can email you a copy.
MEAT=MURDER.

peaceful warrior

Hello
the book "Summoning Spirits" by Konstantinos is a good book if you need something visual to help you but it will work also if you just meditate and ask an angel to help you with something you need because they are more then happy to help you and for some of them their only job is to help us

good luck finding what you need
The only people truely happy in life are the ignorent and the wise

CaCoDeMoN

the book "Summoning Spirits" by Konstantinos is a good book if you need something visual to help you but it will work also if you just meditate and ask an angel to help you with something you need because they are more then happy to help you and for some of them their only job is to help us
Have you had any experences with angles/archangels? Some of my problems are too much for me and I think I'll need to ask them for help.
MEAT=MURDER.

Namra

Thank you.  I will look for that book.

Though, I was also wondering if there was any sort of basics I could learn about magic.  Once again, I do not wish to learn about any dark magic.  Thank you for your help.

CaCoDeMoN

Though, I was also wondering if there was any sort of basics I could learn about magic. Once again, I do not wish to learn about any dark magic. Thank you for your help.
"Initiation Into Hermetics" by Franz Bardon is a complete course.
MEAT=MURDER.

Wizard of Light

Hi Namra, and welcome!

If you are just beginning then I would definitely recommend the books "Wicca, a guide for the solitary practitioner" and "Living Wicca" which are both by Scott Cunningham.  All of Scott Cunninghams work is very good, very down to earth and easy to read.

I always recommend that meditation is a wonderful way to start down the path of magic, so if you don't already meditate, this is a great exercise to start doing - with benefits that trickle over into other areas of your life as well!!

If you have more questions, feel free to PM me, as I'm more than happy to help!
Wiz :P
And he said "Let there be light", and so there was.

bloodsong

Another good place to start is Modern Magick by Donald Michael Kraig.  He doesn't go into great detail on any certain aspects, but introduces many aspects of Ceremonial Magick (if that is what you are interested in), and has a list of recommended reading at the end of each Lesson.

Bloodsong

Namra

Thank you everyone for your help.  I will have to take a look at all this stuff.

Greyfox

A few suggestions--Practical Candle Magick by Ray Buckland; anything by Israel Regardie or Alistaire (sp?)Crowley; The Way of the Shaman by Michael Harner; Plant Spirit Medicine by Eliot Cowan.

Spend a few years reading and absorbing them and clarifying your intent, and you should be ready to get started.
"Effectiveness is the measure of truth."--Seventh Huna Principle

D

Hello Namra,
I highly recommend reading the book How To Know Higher Worlds, by Rudolf Steiner.