News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Enochian Magic

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonburn33

as below, so above

Ceriel N

You'll have better luck here:
http://www.occultforums.com/viewforum.php?f=6

I'm currently looking into the LBPR, but not yet practicing.
"We work in the dark - we do what we can- we give what we have. Our doubt is our passion, and our passion is our task. The rest is the madness of art."
- Henry James

Moonburn33

Enochian magick is incredibly complex, tedious to learn and incomplete in its language.  having said that- it's one of the most powerful systems of magick that you can work with.
as below, so above

plastixidol

actually i found it seemed complex until you actually break down the tablets and calls and realize that with some basic knowledge of both astrology and the classical elements its actually really simple. The tablets show a logical heirarchy of angels on each tablet, the calls correspond to each tablet and subangle in a rational matter, and scrying the aethyrs theoritcally only takes one call (the 30th).

While not for the rank beginer i think most people tend to think Enochian is much more complex than it is. I recomend "The Enochian World of Aleister Crowley" by Lon Milo DuQuette. If you follow the instructions and create your own tablets, coloring them in by hand you should have a good understanding of the tablets by the time you finish them. After that, its pretty easy to start with the system.

Ekron

Has anyone on this forum practised any form of Enochian Magic? Either using a system from Dee's Heptarchia Mystica or based on the Watch Towers which was modified and used by the Golden Dawn.

Any feed back whatsoever would be much appreciated.

Beero

I've got an Enochian Chess computer game I'm having quite a lot of difficulty understanding it and getting anywhere with it, does anybody else have the game or experience with Enochian Chess?
From Craig

alucard

I don't know much about the complex rituals of enochian magic, but a good place to look would be "The Grimoire of Armadel" by MacGregor Mathers.  An online version is available at http://www.frateralastor.com/armadel2.htm

Beero

are there dangers associated with enochian magic not associated with other types of magic?  I am sure I read a reference to this somewhere.
From 007

vsskye

Try reading The Goetia.

bloodsong

Why are people suggesting reading on subjects other than the one being asked about and not prefacing a warning?  Trying to confuse the querent?  Bad etiquette!

Look, if you want to go straight to the source for Enochian magick, Google Dr. John Dee and Edward Kelly.  Those are the men who originally channeled the system from an angel.

To get more easy-to-understand material, the above mentioned book by DuQuette is an excellent introductory text, however shows only one point of what is possible with the system.  Better yet, go to amazon.com, search for any books on Enochiana, then check see if someone with a high ranking has created a list of Enochian texts to learn from.

Bloodsong

Ain_Elohim

yes, the enochian system is extremely powerful if used correctly.  personally, i use a blending of enochian with various other types.  use of the language and keys, as well as modified existing rituals like LBRP or others.  as for the in depth rituals which utilize the tablet of union and so forth, i am not as experienced in these fields as i like to do them correctly and not in a crude manner. these things take time.  But in regards to your inquiry, yes the Enochian system can promote very beneficial results.  start off simple, and get a feel for it first.  when your ready, expand your horizons.  contrary to what many say, not all enochian rituals are complex...they definitely have a tendency to as you progress, but the system can be incorporated into many set practices.  the keys are definitely one of the big ones that comes to mind.  anyway, as with everything, use caution as enochian magick works differently than many others, well at least in its mode of transmission.  but like anything, do your research, and you wont be disappointed.  a lot of information is available on-line, so start there and expand.
Do What Thou Wilt Shall Be The Whole Of The Law...

...Love Is The Law, Love Under Will