News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

God and GoddessNames

Previous topic - Next topic

Kalonek

Adonaï
The One
Jehova
Yaveh

(hard to find more ...)
- Ama et fac quod vis -
www.astralsight.com

Kristen

Here's some more:

Eheieh
Elohim
Shaddai el Chai
El

no_leaf_clover

Allah
Yahweh (or Yaveh..)
the Lord
Jehovah and its many suffixed versions ('the healer', 'the banner', etc.)
Shepherd (gotta love that one [;)])
El Eylon
Kadosh (holy one)
El Roi (god of seeing)
Shaphat (judge)
Kanna (zealous)
Palet (deliverer)
Yesha (savior, before christs time)
Gaol (redeemer)
Magen
Eyaluth
Tsaddiq
El-Olam
El-Berith
El-Gibhor ... tons of El's, actually
Zur
Melekh
Father
The First and Last
Kurios
Despotes
Theos
Theotes
Hupsistos
Soter
Logos
The Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ

ill stop there.
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

KP

Almighty
Daddy
Tom (my name)
Higher Self
Man Upstairs

Lasher

Krishna
Rama
Kali
Shiva
Vishnu
Your Higher Power

Lasher

kromeknight

Lysear

ain soph ohr?
the main man
the man upstairs
YHVH

Adrian

Greetings,

quote:
Originally posted by Kristen

Here's some more:

Eheieh
Elohim
Shaddai el Chai
El

El literally means "of the Divine" and hence your excellent examples.

Many God names also have the pronuciation "aah" included, e.g.:

Ra
Krishna
Rama
Buddha
Tat
Sugmad
Gaiana
Mahanta
Waaken Tanka
Ahdonay
Brahma
Siddha
Ahura Mazda
Shiva
Jehova
Maheo
Kami Sama
Nagual
Kali Durga
Mahavira
Anu
Khoda
Akua
Atva
Nanak
Osenbula
Yahweh
Ato
Allah

I am sure there are many more.

It has been said that "aah" is the sound of creation and "om" is the sound of the created. Hence the Jewish greeting Sha-lom.

This has turned out to be quite a topic [:)]

Of course, many of the names in this topic are the named of deities through which to approach "God", in the same way as the pantheons of pagan deities.

Lets extend the scope of this topic to see what you believe is the most appropriate name for our creator and master of the universe.

My suggestions are:

The All
Spirit
The Divine Providence

With best regards,

Adrian.
https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

bomohwkl

Lysear

J-Man

shem (hebrew for "name")
hashem (hebrew for "the name")
adonai
yehova
shaddai
yiyuh (two yuds in hebrew)
kadosh
melech ha'olam (kind of the universe)
shofate (hebrew for "judge")
rachame (hebrew for compassionate one)

i dont know if christians know this, but it is said that god has a 70 letter name. moses supposedly knew that name, and when he saw an evil-doer in egypt, he looked both ways, said the name, and touched the guy, and he dropped dead. (when i heard this when i was little, the did the typical "SWEET")

btw adrian shalom is hebrew, not necesasarily jewish. it means hello, good bye, peace, and some other things i dont remember at the moment. lots of israelis who are not jewish/religious say it. for example, "lord" isnt christian, even though its english, and most of america i christian i believe.

no_leaf_clover

egyptian, old hebrew, sumerian, and etc. names and words are just loosely interpreted guesses. no one actually knows for sure what 'shem' means in any language, as it appears with the same spelling in many ancient languages but in many passages and texts 'name' makes absolutely no sense.

take for example these passages from the sumerian epic of gilgamesh, where gilgamesh and enkidu are nearing the lands of the 'shems' and camp outside:

"The name of the Mountain is Mashu.
At the mountain of Mashu he <Gilgamesh> arrived;
Where daily the Shems he watched
as they depart and come in."

as gilgamesh watched daily the 'names' as they departed and came in? this is just one of many examples of 'names' not making any sense. zecharia sitchin, in his books, gives plenty of evidence that 'shems' actually means something to do with 'rocketships' or 'spaceships', as the annunaki used them to travel back in ancient times before they left the earth. 'shems' was transferred into many languages and eventually worked its way into old hebrew and the bible. there are quotes from the bible itself that make no sense when the word 'name' is attributed to 'shems', but these quotes are in sitchin's 1st book, which i loaned to a friend and do not have to provide information from right now.

next we have the 'gods' of the olden languages. take for example 'ra'. i'm sure you all know that the only way we can identify what very few egyptians words we know is by using the Rosetta Stone, where a paragraph was engraved in egyptian, and then in two other languages which were more commonly known.

the egyptians could have never actually referred to 'ra' as a god, but we wouldn't know. we can only assume that they did not, because the sumerians did not refer to the annunaki as gods, but only more divine beings, and the sumerians and egyptians have been proven to share much common ground. they traded goods with each other, shared a common religion, albeit with different names and in different langauges, and even their languages have many similarities and share many words to the exact letters.

it wasn't until the rise of paganism that these olden deities were referred to as 'gods'.

in the east we have the same story with hinduism. the roots of ancient hinduism come from the indus valley civilization, which existed around the time of sumeria and egypt, and definitely had trade relations with sumeria. we also know, that not unlike sumeria and egypt, indus valley was extremely advanced for its time, and the layout of its cities and towns, complete with sewers and huge castle-like walls, was so organized and neat that they wouldn't be rivalled until the time of the greeks and romans (i'm sure the sumerians and egyptians had cities equally organized, but much was eroded in sumeria as many of the buildings were mud-brick, and in egypt, a lot was destroyed and rebuilt over the years. indus was touched only by whatever destroyed it and weather). but besides this, we can tell very, *very* little about this civilization. it was *completely* destroyed long ago, and the whole civilization was wiped out, nearly completely. we don't even know what caused its demise, but the leading theories are floods from the indus, an early nomadic invasion through the kyber pass, and fire.

however, the older roots of hinduism, in the vedas that were passed down orally, probably of indus valley tradition, echoed sumerian and egyptian epics, with multiple deities and situations that would later resurface in greek and roman mythology.

as far as buddha, it's hard to refer to buddha as a god. buddha was a flesh and blood mortal like anyone else, only more spiritually inclined, maybe. buddha never made any claims that he was divine, and he didn't really preach that much, relatively. in fact, he encouraged people to think for themselves. he urged people not to go on faith, but on experience. he is quoted saying something like 'don't take my word for it, try it for yourself'.. something like that [xx(] maybe somebody can post the actual quote.

Adrian

Greetings,

This is one point regarding the use of God names in rituals, e.g. the LBRP. No person knows the true name of God, and all of the names that have occured in the Hebrew rituals, e.g. Solomnic rituals are actually constructs. They have been used so often for so long however that they have become "ritual God names" that have efficacy against negative entities, for raising energy per the MPR etc.. I am sure any names could be used over a period of time with equal success.

The true name of God is ineffable and sacred.

With best regards,

Adrian.
https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

Kalonek

quote:
Originally posted by Adrian
The true name of God is ineffable and sacred.

Well, if we think in the absolute, God doesn't have any name, or any human name at least (i don't see Him as a person to who we could say "Hey, Bob, how are you dude ?") And if He is God, then He wouldn't need to give Himself any name (as normally other people - your parents - give a name to you, you don't chose it, but He is God so He hasn't relatives does He ? [;)] So He'd need to give Himself a name), as He knows who He is and doesn't need to be called (God is the way we talk and refer to Him but it's not a name, it's more like "the All", it refers to a concept).
- Ama et fac quod vis -
www.astralsight.com

Tayesin

Kalonek, well said. I liked that answer, it shows a great ability to think outside the box.  That's what is needed in spiritual practice.

One name was not on the extensive lists of names that we could now use to increase our ability to blaspheme. LOL.  It doesn't matter what we call the creative awareness, but I like to call it Friend.

Love always.

Kristen

Hi All -

Some theological texts, and kabbalistic doctrine, speak to the concept of God's creation as existing for the purpose that God may know himself - or - that life/matter are created in the image of God, and that he knows himself through his creation whether this was an intent or not.  And, further that, names cause identity, cause existance - thus the metaphor that is not so much a metaphor: Adam named the plants and animals - that without the names of God, the permutations of God as recognized and understood by the human imagination would not be returned in their purified state to Him.

What I'm saying is that in MHO, God "needs" his creation as much as we need our Creator... we are part of Him - He is part of us.  He needs his human foundation - his kingdom.  

note to reader - all views expressed in this post are soley an expression of part of the writers faith and belief as it is currently understood by her, and are not intended to be a statement that her reality is the only one; but instead, is an attempt to share ideas with people. Have a great day!

~Kristen

Kalonek

Hmm i just read that the letters in hebrew for God had 720 ways of prononciation (because of the voyels) :) (got the list but to long to write here lol)
- Ama et fac quod vis -
www.astralsight.com

Mirador

Ta'Aroa (or Tangaroa), the Polynesian Supreme Being, which I named my youngest son (Aroa).

and from my nick of the woods:

"La 21 División" (the number 21 is emblematic (3X7) and represents the Wholeness, the Totality of the One Supreme Being of Dominican Voodoo)

and on the other side of the island:

Damballah-Aida Wedo  (The Rainbow-Serpent Supreme Being of Voodoo)

Mirador

n/a

ALLAH is not the GOD.
and you have forgotten
AMALANTRAH-the oldest name for God.
and offcourse,
I AM! (kromeknight also
1+1=1 is the name for a God.
but have you turned the word around?
dog.
and JHVH is not one of the God, he is just a creator,
but one of the..
it is clearely written in Liber 777.
also, rosikruziani says, that JHVH is one of the 12 gods,
not One or the!
and JHVH is just a aeonic formulae for the last 4 aeons:
ISIS-OZIRIS-horus-MAAT

TruthSeeker

The "Universal Mind", or "Universal Consciousness"

Regards,

TruthSeeker

eomaia

I love to watch the credits at the end of a film and see all the different and beautiful ways to refer to god.

Foreign films are the best for that.

Thank you for everything.

Tayesin

Hi All.
Wasn't Yahweh originally a mountain deity ?

I hope Yahweh isn't the supreme creative awareness coz I would not like to worship such a vindictive, obnoxious, conceited and bloodthirsty god as that Jewish Deity.  [:)]

It is very interesting to read all the names provided so far in this list. And it reminds me of an ancient Druid Maxim that states,"All the Gods are One"

Love always.

no_leaf_clover

"All the Gods are One" is absolutely right, and maybe even in more ways than one, depending on your beliefs. First, there's the way that 'Yahweh' in early biblical tales is just a singular version of the beings from Sumerian mythology. It's already well-established that the Bible drew many of its earliest tales from Sumer, except Sumerian 'mythology' had numerous divine beings whereas Judaism was trying to start some monotheism, and intergrated all the divine characters into one guy. Then you can have the belief that everyone is a god in some way, or a piece of universal consciousness. The Druids were bad assed. [8D]

n/a

"I hope Yahweh isn't the supreme creative awareness coz I would not like to worship such a vindictive, obnoxious, conceited and bloodthirsty god as that Jewish Deity.  

It is very interesting to read all the names provided so far in this list. And it reminds me of an ancient Druid Maxim that states,"All the Gods are One"

I would just like to add,
All the Gods are One
the God is one and all
all is one God.
One God is all.
first of all,
that´s how religion has been founded.
second,
one=1
all is Khaldean root- AL=god.
so that´s all story about Pythagoren number 1,
and nothing else.
so, aware of this, and escaping dreadfull grasp
of falling into the religious emotinal trap,
I say instead, mathematical,
  1+1=1
(you cannot add pears and apples!)
in the honour of goddess MAAT,(from which word Mathematica sprung)
the Zero. the truth.
above all(god).

clandestino

I was wondering...are there any religions that worship more than one god, as equals ? I'm not talking about the hindu pantheon who hold brahma as the most exalted (correct me if im wrong)

Mirador, you said Damballah-Aida Wedo (The Rainbow-Serpent Supreme Being of Voodoo)...I'm curious how the words translate, as I've got a friend called aida...I'm wondering, is she a serpent or a supreme being ?!
I'll Name You The Flame That Cries