News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

I don't mean to be skeptical but really magic...

Previous topic - Next topic

GOTHIKA

I've heard that some people are into magic although I don't personally know any witches.
But the whole thing with spell casting and putting a flame on a candle with hand gesture seems pretty far fetched.
I myself as most of you may already know here am a psychic vampire which alot of people don't believe in either.
But despite that I know that we vamps really interact with energy including myself because I can feel the energy and know its there.
Maybe if I saw someone actually performing a spell like lighting a candle I would believe more in it.
"LISTEN TO THEM,
CHILDREN OF THE NIGHT,
WHAT SWEET MUSIC THEY MAKE!"

"Dracula in Bram Stokers "Dracula"

Mindless

I think lighting a candle would be more metaphysical then magical...
licet indo fragmen incolumis per verum.
(A just cause cannot be harmed by the truth)

Wronski Feint

maybe if I seen myself fall asleep I would beleive I was dreaming...
"Come and See"
So I looked, and behold a dark angel.  And the name of him was Life, and Hell fell before him.
And power was given to him over the whole of the earth, to clense with mind, with sword, with light and by the love of the earth.

bloodsong

Lighting a candle is magick, no matter how it is accomplished!  Then again, scratching an itch on your nose is a magickal act too.  At least, it is from my understanding of magick.  You see, I agree with the Crowley/Fortune definition of magick:

"Magick is the Science and Art of causing a change, either in the physical world or in the practitioners consciousness, to occur in conformity with Will."

That being said, if you have an itch on your nose, and you will it to go away, then your will causes your arm to rise and scratch the itch.

Most add in that magick uses means not readily accepted by modern Western science, but I feel that this stance takes away an important possibility. Magick is what this universe is tied together with!

There are many forms of magick, and energy manipulation, which is what psychic vampirism really boils down to, is just the most basic form of magick.  Nothing can be accomplished without the manipulation of magickal energies on some level.  So, while you may not want to admit it, you are very much an elementary magick user.  Let us know if you ever move beyond this point.

Bloodsong

Souljah333

does sound a little strange coming from a "psychic" vampire. as in something you feel and can't see. energy manipulation should naturally lead to the manipulation of matter. i feel it would be a worthwhile step for you to explore...leading into a more complete function and a better understanding of the universe on a whole. i'm not trying to be arrogant. i know a lot of pranic vampires and they all have this strange habit of thinking themselves the center of everything. 'most' people do that as a matter of fact, and i'm not here to judge if it's good or bad. i just see it as a 'limited' perspective. i'm sure you are already aware of what works for you, and what works against you, and being a witch is no different, except we 'play' with it more, exchange sides, experiment with the ingredients sort-a-speak, and when you really get into that space (over time)...eventually you move yourself out of the equation all together.

it's amazing what can be accomplished when you stand in the center with intent and purpose. it's even more amazing what you can accomplish when can let go and get out the way. there's a power where you stand right now, but it's controlled in great part by a 'need'. it's difficult to explain but i feel it's vital information...so i'll try.

the center gives you a point of reference from which to measure all things. without a reference point it is impossible. this "measuring" thing that people do (everyone), has to do with ego, which i won't get into, but it's an act of "separation". it's viewing everything which is "not" you, and measuring it "against" yourself (or more usually measuring yourself against "everything" else). it is very much useful in our effort to grow up here, but it must at some point be put aside if one is to move on into something more mature. ideally it should eventually lead to the understanding that "all is one", but the programming we subject to interferes greatly...never being able to let go of this idea of "myself" (the "I" in the center) for 'better' or for 'worse'.

the point is the center isn't off limits. it's just that people (humans) are only taught to work with a fragment of it (like our minds). the act of moving away from it can be equated to someone that has lived in the same house their entire lives and never gone anywhere. there's nothing 'wrong' with that of course, but there view of the world is skewed. if that person was to take a trip around the world and then move back into that same house...the function there would be increased dramatically, and that's all i'm saying. the center is not a bad place to work from, but when you can move out it and find you are in fact everything that surrounds you and not separate, then you can move back into it with a higher understanding of how it all works...and lighting a candle with nothing but your intention is as easy as breathing. and the universe opens up it's doors to you and there is no end to what you can accomplish.

of course that's just a feeling. i'm still experimenting with ingredients :wink:
no matter what you work with just keep pushing it, playing with it, experimenting, and having fun.
there's nothing more disturbing then conclusions (imho).

love soul
NEW (again) MYSTICMYSFITS.COM

Greyfox

As I practice it, "magick" is merely causing a change in physical reality through non-physical means.

This includes psychic healing, entity release, and a whole raft of other things.

"Magic" is what Houdini did.
"Effectiveness is the measure of truth."--Seventh Huna Principle

vsskye

Souljah333

no my sweet....magicK is what is marketed to those who have no real understanding of the ancient principles!

you can retaliate at will, but don't ask me to explain bcuz it's just too silly!!!
magic with a k is like kym, and phat, and brittany spears in leather. :roll:
it's hype for kids and wanna-be's...but that's awfully harsh of me isn't it?!?  :twisted:

think whatever you want. that's kule.
soul

Greyfox

Yeah, I know, "magick" does look a tad pretentious.  

But until there is a more useful term to distinguish what I do from stage magic--illusions and whatnot--I will continue to hold my nose and use it.
"Effectiveness is the measure of truth."--Seventh Huna Principle

Souljah333

i think the other practice is called "entertainment"?!? :wink:

vsskye

Magick is just a word.  Learning about magick teaches me more about myself really.

GOTHIKA

Hmm, I never thought about it that way before but rather as being like that magic you see on the TV  WB11 show Charmed.
I guess what us Psi/ Pranic vamps do can be considered as " magical" in a way when you look at it.
"LISTEN TO THEM,
CHILDREN OF THE NIGHT,
WHAT SWEET MUSIC THEY MAKE!"

"Dracula in Bram Stokers "Dracula"

Sepultura123

I would like to light a candle with my finger. No more need of lighter :)