News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Law of attraction and skills instead of physical items....

Previous topic - Next topic

Phalanx

Given the rules to Law of attraction, how does that work with skills?

Quite recently I was having a long talk with a friend on the subject and it tended to come down getting things... or getting healed, getting money, or a new car, fixing a relationship or finding one and a handful of things that fit to those degrees.
But they asked me and I quote "What of skills say example I want to be the best/strongest chess player in the world the grand master, how does that work?"
The question quite floored me, everything I knew of were always about attaining something more physical.
I told him that it should be the same as getting something physical like gaining anything else with the use of the law, if I believe I am the chess grand master then therefore it is and will happen quickly just like getting a car or money etc...

But when it comes to skills those are usually things that one practices constantly for long periods of time until they become a master at it.
I went through and read up on everything I had again about it all, every example I could find but I have not so far found such an example about skills.
Now I may be thinking there is more to it, or it is just like getting anything else and I am just fooling myself and overthinking it.

I would like to know peoples thoughts about this, and if anyone has any examples please share.
Good and evil are not conditions imposed by some benevolent deity, but states the soul must experience in order to surpass them and awaken.
-Neville Goddard

LightBeam

To me, the law of attraction doesn't work like waving a wand and creating things out of thin air. In slow realities, it's more of believing that certain things are possible, your thoughts manipulate the invisible energies and circumstances start lining up in your life presenting opportunities upon which we must act. For example something is telling you to get a lottery ticket at a certain moment and it ends up winning. Or you get a job offer that earns a good income. But you have to do something in order to receive. You have to play the lottery, or you have to accept that job, etc. The same applies with skills. I will give you an example with myself. About a month and a half ago, I had that strong desire to learn how to play piano. I knew nothing about it. I wasn't sure if I was capable of playing with both hands at the same time, but my desire pushed me to find out. I got a keyboard, books and DVDs. Before I started, I took some time to meditate on the fact that there is nothing impossible and I can do this. I let this thought sink into my mind to a point where is became the only option - success. Two weeks later, I learned how to read music. I got some sheet music and now I can almost play my first song fluently with both hands, and this is not a simple song. I jumped ride away learning complex music. I didn't even open the book for the beginners. All this in about a month and a half, not even practicing every day and without a teacher. So, skills need to be learned and practiced, but with strong desire and belief that this can happen extraordinary fast and you will become really good, it can happen.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Phalanx

"To me, the law of attraction doesn't work like waving a wand and creating things out of thin air."

Idk.. personally I have seen things like this and even in a few instances it has happened for me.

One example... I didn't have money for gas so I had to ask my brother for it all I needed was 5$. A day earlier I had watched a video talking about the law of attraction and manifestation. It talked about manifesting a penny which amused me, that if you could do that you could do anything. I told my brother about this that day also. So before getting to the station I asked to borrow 5$... get to the station walk inside hand them the cash go outside and start pumping gas. As I was pumping gas I was thinking amusingly about manifesting a penny when I looked down and lo and behold there was a penny. I highly amused picked it up and tossed it to my brother in the car saying manifest a penny and went back pumping gas. As I was doing this a guy on the other side of the car at the gas pumps near there began talking to my brother and I couldn't hear what they were saying didn't quite care as I was still amused with my self over the penny and how funny it was. The guy drives off I get done pumping and hop in the car and my brother says that guy says we can have the change from his pump that he didn't use it all that there should be about 7$ left. I figured hey ill go get it and give it to my brother to pay him back. Go inside there was 11$ and some change left over gave it all to my brother.

Another... I had to drive a 6 hour trip one way to bring someone their medicine and some medical equipment something for their heart or lungs I don't recall all I know it was something they really really needed. They made a trip for a week packed and everything but in a rush they forgot a bag. They called me up and asked me to bring it to them but however it went about no one had the money to make the trip there and back for gas. I was able to travel with a friend he drives their I drive back sort of thing between us checking the car we drove in and our wallets we had about 30$ between us and all we did was talk about metaphysics and some law stuff for like the first few hours till we just got into our own thinking and listening to music. After the trip ended up we had 50$ which was more than what we started the trip with and that was after getting gas and food on the way there and on the way back. We still don't know where it came from.

So I do believe things can happen like magic to a degree.

Good and evil are not conditions imposed by some benevolent deity, but states the soul must experience in order to surpass them and awaken.
-Neville Goddard

LightBeam

Awesome! Yes, sometimes if you have strong expectations, immediate events can happen. I still see these as created circumstances and opportunities, although I do want to believe that actual magic is possible, like stretching out my hand and manifesting a $20 bill out of nothing  :-)
Something similar happened to me and my sister one time in Vegas. We were so pumped up and excited, that everywhere we went, we kept winning and finding money. In 3 days we got about $2000. Besides that many magical things happened. We wanted to see snow so badly. It was Christmas day and two hours later it started snowing, although this was not on the forecast. While we were waiting in line for a ride, we heard one of the locals being surprised that it hadn't snowed that much  in Vegas around this time of year in 10 years. Also, we both had strange dreams, but we were staying at the Luxor, you know a pyramidal structure. Definitely some strong energy there. We were watching TV and I said "I feel like watching "Everybody Loves Raymond". The next channel I clicked, guess what, it was that show. We both yelled in amazement and started laughing and talking about all the extraordinary things that were happening.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

skeptic

These "magical" things happen to all of us all the time ! The only reason we do not notice(remember) them is we are so busy (and so serious)  with ourselves striving to get ,to become, to fix, to be loved etc  that we do not see stuff under our noses. The law of attraction is so widely misunderstood , I know bunch of people who have attended Abraham Hicks channeling (that had  introduced this law to the world) workshops many times and still keep missing the whole point of this law which is if you want to manifest something you need to become it ! In a nutshell the person who desires and the object that is desired become one. It requires you to feel with the same kind of dedication on one hand and the same kind of surrender/letting go on the other hand that we use for  successful AP practice.

Love and Peace   

LightBeam

Quote from: skeptic on February 15, 2017, 06:11:56
These "magical" things happen to all of us all the time ! The only reason we do not notice(remember) them is we are so busy (and so serious)  with ourselves striving to get ,to become, to fix, to be loved etc  that we do not see stuff under our noses. The law of attraction is so widely misunderstood , I know bunch of people who have attended Abraham Hicks channeling (that had  introduced this law to the world) workshops many times and still keep missing the whole point of this law which is if you want to manifest something you need to become it ! In a nutshell the person who desires and the object that is desired become one. It requires you to feel with the same kind of dedication on one hand and the same kind of surrender/letting go on the other hand that we use for  successful AP practice.

Love and Peace   

Very true, skeptic! We create things at all times, but because of the "delayed effect" many people are not aware of it. And because we have millions of thoughts everyday. Whatever dominates shows up as events, circumstances, people in our lives, etc. If everyone realize that, they will be more careful what they are thinking about most of the time and what state of mind they are in. Techniques of focused thoughts are very helpful, like you mentioned above becoming one with the object or event you desire. I think this is a powerful one. I personally imagine that I am one magnet and whatever I want is the other magnet and there is a strong pulling force between us. There is no other way but eventually the force to pull both together.
Captain Jack Sparrow

Subtle Traveler

It is our vibrational energy which attracts 'things' into our circumstances. So, if someone is 'questioning' they are attracting more questions. If someone is in vibration around or near the answer, then the answer can be attracted. It is my experience that Abraham-Hicks is very, very helpful on this particular topic. Abraham-Hicks is simple and accessible. A YouTube video (on nearly any LOA topic desired) is only a click away.
As above ... So Below ...

Individuality is a human perspective ...

Phalanx

There were other LOA practitioners long before hicks, such as Neville Goddard, and Genevieve Behrend.
I like the way Neville puts it, he explains it far better than I think hicks did. But he also adds in the law of revision where if something happened and you didn't like it you could revise it through the law.

An example that he gave was that he had a friend that was walking down the street on his daily walk when a girl backed out and hit him presumably knocking him down giving him bruises and some aches and pains. He went home his wife cancelled her hair appointment and suggested that he go to to the doctors he said no he would revise it. So he relaxed did a visualization of the thing that happened before up to where the lady backed out at him and instead of being hit he revised. Instead of being hit he stepped quickly out of the way she missed and he told her to be more careful and then visually completed his normal walk. The pain began to go away and come the next day it was gone and so were the bruises, it was like the accident never happened.

But again all these examples are for things somewhat physical, money, health, snowing.

Again how would this work towards a skill?
Or is it still as Lightbeam put it that the skill would just be learned and mastered at a far quicker rate than normal.
-Neville Goddard

Subtle Traveler

looks like I was right ...   :-D

questions (attracting more questions)

As above ... So Below ...

Individuality is a human perspective ...

skeptic

The ability to play chess at Grandmaster level or beyond  like any other skill for that matter can be attracted. But you will have to do your part. Manifestation  works on many levels , for example to be good at chess you will need clear mind (which involves physical  brain) , patience and endurance (which involves physical body) , good memory , creativity, logic ,
great coach etc you name it. So the skill is not something abstract it just seems that way but in reality it is very physical.