News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Museum of Witchcraft

Previous topic - Next topic

Luthor

The Museum of Witchcraft and Magic, formerly known as the Museum of Witchcraft, is a museum dedicated to European witchcraft and magic located in the village of Boscastle in Cornwall, south-west England. It houses exhibits devoted to folk magic, ceremonial magic, Freemasonry, and Wicca, with its collection of such objects having been described as the largest in the world.
I got dragged to this place a few weeks ago whilst on holiday in Cornwall (UK) by m y fiancée.  (She mostly tolerates my interest in all things metaphysical with the way you would an eccentric Uncle.) who saw a flyer and thought I'd like it.

This museum is based in apart of the UK that lives of the summer holiday trade and has many odd little tourist attractions like Cider Farms, old castles too explore and I was expecting this place to be a PG 13 theme attraction. I was very wrong.

Boscastle is coastal village in a narrow, windswept valley with cliffs on either side. There's a narrow walk down the harbour on this path is the museum. Sitting on top of the entrance it staring down is a massive, horned wicker man with holding pipes.  It's eerie and a taste of things to come...

Inside the exhibitions start the fairly routine with art work and wall plaques about the witch trials and it is very well done.  Further in and I was like a kid in sweet shop because up stairs there are displays with Aleister Crowley's Wands, A O Spares favourite scrying crystal, Alex Sands ceremonial sword and way too many black mirrors, blasting rods, fetishes too mention.

The museum was founded by Cecil Williamson (18 September 1909 – 9 December 1999) who was an influential English Neo pagan Witch. He was the founder of both the Witchcraft Research Center which was a part of MI6's war against Nazi Germany, and a friend of both Gerald Gardner, the founder of Wicca, and also of the notorious occultist Aleister Crowley.

Whether you believe in Magic or not it's a fascinating place and also a Trip Adviser Certificate of excellence winner 2015.

Any of you guys ever been here?