News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Question on who to summon.

Previous topic - Next topic

labouts

My friend recently found out I was into magic and is annoying me to do a summoning with him.

I want to know who/what can be summoned safely without a serious reason, if there is such a being.
^ I probably would have thought that's insane a year ago.

Wizard of Light

You kind of need to have some kind of reason in mind for whomever you summon... you'll just annoy anyone if there isn't reason for it....
And he said "Let there be light", and so there was.

-Alex-

I would suggest an angelic being as they are more benevolent. Something that deals in information would be good...

labouts

Angelic...never tried one of those, cool. So if I have a good question it won't get too angry at me?
^ I probably would have thought that's insane a year ago.

-Alex-

Sounds about right. Don't ask stupid questions on purpose though.  :D

Tara Star

If you have a doubt, ask for "The highest spirit guide available to me in this moment. for the good of all and with harm to none..."

Angels are good.  So are the Masters like Jesus and Mary.

Aim high!  Call them by name. For goddess's sake don't just summon who ever is hanging around or you will get a lot of dead people and astral entities. Remember that just cuz they are spirit doesn't mean you want to take to them or take their advice.

The worst that will happen is that you will get a "face changer" from the lower astral level.  If you see one that changes it's face alot, banish it. They are bad news and often plague newbie channelers and witches.

Most of all, stay tuned into how you feel when a new spirit approaches you. If you feel good, uplifted and happy, then it is a light spirit.

If it feels yucky then it is yucky!  Tell it to go away.

Watch for ones that promise you anything or try to reward you in anyway. (That is bad! And the hallmark of the lower astral beasties)  Make them prove to you that they are really helpful by asking them what their intention in dealing with you is.

If you are still not sure who you have plugged into, then use the "Reveal" command to get it to show it's true form. (Only works if  you can actually see them with  your psychic eye, but  you should be able to feel with difference at least.)

Summoning is something to be careful about. Make sure you are standing in a salt circle and have thoroughly cleansed yourself before your ritual with the cleansing bath. Smudge your space, cast your circle and then try.

If you are a newbie, I recommend studying with a group as there is really only so much you can learn from books. And remember, magick, while it can be fun and exciting, isn;t a game and you don;t have to prove anything to anyone. If your friend is just curious, do something else. It isn;t respectful of  you or your magickal practice to play around or prove something.

father_satans_follower

Try to Goetic Demon Vassago. Everone has good experiences with him, and is very famous in the Demonic Community, rated as the most famous and the friendliest.

bloodsong

Also, don't be put off by the word "demon".  A lot of those spirits listed in ancient grimiores as demons were the protector spirits and benevolent angels of pre-Christian times.  Plus, the very word's etymology stems from the Greek word for "lesser god, tutelary deity."  They are gods, and here to teach, and it is in that capacity that most of the original grimoires referred to these spirits.

Above all, though, trust your feelings!  You are dealing with something in a summoning that manifests on this plane as pure energy, and that is what your emotions are, etheric energy, so your "feelings" are the most accurate barometer you have!

Bloodsong

Greyfox

I would strongly advise against any "summoning" for such a trivial purpose as idle curiosity.

Verily is it written, thou should not call up that which thou cannot put down.
"Effectiveness is the measure of truth."--Seventh Huna Principle

vsskye

I would advise not to summon "just for fun".  but if you decide to try summoning an angel, not anyone from The Goetia to begin with.