News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

The Pooka

Previous topic - Next topic

Nagual

Created one?  What do you mean?
If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

T_Kman0610

if you went to the site, you should know what i mean. there is a spell and ritual on how to create a pooka. they live in little objects such as pendants, stones, and other little objects. and you can decide on what they eat, what they look like and so on and so forth.
"Only those who have dared to let go can dare to reenter." - Meister Eckhart

Lilith

I read the site.
quote:
pooka is a small imp-like, mischevious creatures, about 15 centimetres tall when fully grown. The oldest pooka I know of lived to 152 years, which is quite amazing, and I've been told that some are even older.
The Pookas came over to Britain with the invading Saxons around 450AD to get away from the land in which they were being hunted as lucky charms. Now you see, pookas, however wiley, are very lazy. So they travelled with the Saxon imigrants across land and sea in order to make full use of their oblivious companions' rubbish (the strangest things can come in rather useful, not to mention the fact that pookas like nothing better than new born weevils and maggots for their tea... mmm).
Unfortunately all the pookas that were left behind have long since died out, but the British climate is just right for them and they have thrived. Pookas live all over the British Isles. They can't swim because their legs are too short, and until quite recently (when the ferry came into use) there were no pookas on the Isle of Whight at all.
To begin with, travelling was fine, but when they reached a place that is now known as Ruddington, near Nottingham, they decided to settle. The mixture of climate and perfect solil for their dens was just what they were after, and to this day, the highest concentration of pookas is right there in Ruddington, living in back gardens, churchyards and the country park.

I saw nothing about them being manufactured by spell... all information I've ever gotten about Pookas points to them being a species of Fey, not a construct.
Perhaps there's a mis-communication because of the name, though.

Tisha

As Lilith suggested, the Pooka are an extremely mischievious kind of Fey.   Theyan behave in a poltergeist fashion, hide things, etc.  They aren't TOO dangerous, but they can ruin your day.

I've never encountered a Pooka in the U.S. - - - most of the stories I hear are northern European.
Tisha

Nagual

quote:
if you went to the site, you should know what i mean.

I did check the site and could not find it either...  Could you quote the text where they talk about it?  Maybe you meant to "summon" or find one?
quote:
they live in little objects such as pendants, stones, and other little objects. and you can decide on what they eat, what they look like and so on and so forth.

Are you talking about some kind of doll that you dress and feed...???

Nagual

From the site: "A pooka is a small imp-like, mischevious creatures, about 15 centimetres tall when fully grown."

That's a tiny bit huge to fit into little objects such as pendants...!!!

T_Kman0610

well ask christianmagick on the astral pulse about it, hes the one with the book on how to make one and all that.
or you can go to my group site and check the pooka page there.[:D]//http://groups.msn.com/TheMagicalLairforWiccansandWizards/_whatsnew.msnw

Lilith

Then it's a problem of terminology.
The name 'Pooka' has been taken from it's original or common meaning and given a new age interpretation.
The Pooka is an established figure from myth/folklore, here's a straight link;
http://www.irelandseye.com/paddy3/preview2.htm

Fenris

Hi

I think if you go looking for rituals for making a pooka you might get led astray a little, perhaps you would benefit more from looking for information on how thought forms are constructed, not just how you do it, but why it works. Any being you create, be it a pooka (or rather a copy of), a guardian creature, or some cool little rat with green ears is bought into life through the same mechanism. It's a complicated topic to grasp but perhaps this is a dangerous area of magic to pursue without a sound understanding of how it works and what the risks are. Here is a topic I started a while ago on the astral thought relationship, one of the replies in particular was very helpful to me, maybe this thread will give you some ideas to look into if you choose to.
//http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5271//

Kind Regards
David

Tisha

ummmm . . . . have you guys seen the movie, "Gremlins?"
Tisha

Fenris

Hehe just add water! My cat has a similar problem...

A question Id like to ask is what are peoples opinions on creating a thought form which resembles a god form or a mythological creature?

Tisha

what . . . like people don't do it every day? [:O]
Tisha

Fenris

Well yes [:)] maybe I should have added the words purposefully and 'magical' intent into the question, the point I'm trying to get at is there is (or I think there is, might be wrong) a distinction between the what is constructed by mass belief or thoughts about a being, say the Christian god or Micky mouse, and what is constricted when a person purposefully creates a being into existence in the plains for their own purpose. And when you construct something that only you have contributed to the creation of you have a greater element of control over the function of the being, as opposed to trying to manipulate the qualities of a pre existing entity with established boundaries.

So to be less broad than my last attempt at question asking...
So I wonder what happens if you were to create a being that was modeled on the masses idea of what a god or powerful mythical creature looked like, but you attempt to give it your own function? How will the pre existing being which is powerful and has been feed through worship and mass imagination affect your construct which has an element of association to it?

Lilith

interesting question, Fenris... no answer for you, as such, sorry... but have you perhaps read "American Gods", by Neil Gaimon?
If not, I highly recommend it.
Some concepts there that sort of parallel your question, very intriguing despite it being fiction.

Fenris

Cheers Ill look into finding a copy, thanks

Tisha

Tisha

T_Kman0610

HAHA tish![:D] nice, my pooka would have to look something like that lol.

Tisha

Fortunately, the Universe, in its ultimate wisdom, protects us from people's magical fantasies through the application of its Laws.  So, while you work on your skills (for, say 30 years), go see the movie. [;)]
Tisha

T_Kman0610

If your not familiar with what a pooka is go here //http://www.pookas.co.uk/introduction.html) anyways has anyone created one before? there is supposed to be a ritual you have to do  in order to create them. if anyone has created one or is familiar with them please post it up.

thanx,T_Kman0610