News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Tools for evocation

Previous topic - Next topic

Ekron

I don't see why you cannot use any tool you think suitable for the task as long as they provide you with a strong link to what you hope to achieve.

The tools you mention are of the 4 elements just make sure you engrave or paint on them the various sigils and names of God/power.
And remember you will need two wands one to represent the element of fire the other is an extension of your WILL and is used for acts of evocation etc.

With regards to your cauldron I assume you wish to use this for skying. As long as you cannot see any distracting reflections in it this will be fine.

I wish you well.

rhinegirl

Go to occultforums.com

They have a graet deal of info on these subjects.

Jessica

quote:
Originally posted by MAGUS89

Hello, I have a Few  Questions on Tools.

You see Im trying to get my tools ready, because I want to practice
Summoning Spirits ( good ones) such as angels and olympic spirits.
The kinstantinos book calles for a Very WIERD hard wand to make, and
Goblet with shaped as a crocus and a T shaped athame.

Is it Possible for my to use any Goblet i feel is right? such as a
Wine Glass? and For the Wand to cut the Wand from a tree and use
that, intead of the one with the ACORN top? And for the T shaped
athame, can
I just use a Nomral Knife, thatI feel will do the job?  I wil Still
be writting the Symbols on the objects though.

but will the objects I choose  Work? Or does it have to be the ones
that The books call for?

And as the tool for evocation, can i just use my black Cauldron, Its
kinda small though, but when i put water its putchess black. And If
i can how big does it have to be or does size matter?

thanks

Silversunset

quote:
but will the objects I choose Work? Or does it have to be the ones
that The books call for?

Magick is like a recipe. However it is easier to finagle with than if you were cooking. if you have A) athame, B) goblet, C) candles, etc. than you can do most any spell you want. The specific shape, color, design, and material of each is hardly relevant.

As a practitioner you should use what is comfortable to YOU. Not what is comfortable to some old cronie guy 500 years ago.

You can do magick with or without tools. You can do the same spells and evocations with or without tools. Tools are simply that...TOOLS. they are to aid, they are not the main ingredients in your 'recipe'...so you use vegetable oil and not olive oil....whoopdeedoo. THe main idea is that the tools are there to help you - don't get hung up over what you have or don't have.

If a simple stick feels comfortable to you, use it. If a glass from your dish cabinet and a steak knife feel comfortable, use them. It has been my experience that the more elaborate items are simply for show....and if you're doing it for you, there is no need for show simply for outcome.

Granted, it is nice to have a 'special' set of tools to use specifically for magick, however think back. Those who originally practiced had no place for such things as they were outlawed or dangerous (i.e. witch-crazes) and probably didn't happen. THey were most likely poor people who just wanted to commune with nature and found that they could DO things.
Basically it's like a church (not to bash...sorry if i offend). You don't NEED the gold/silver goblets for the communion supper, and you don't NEED the silver/gold plates or candlesticks, or elaborate clothing, or chapel, or anything like that. It simply does not matter. Elaborate = show and is not mandatory.

Trust yourself, you'll do the best thing.

Colin

Tools are at best aids for focus and at worst crutches. Magic is an act of will. The most important thing is to invest the entire strength of your belief and concentration into your actions. If you feel the need for tools, use things that have personal significance- objects of your own construction, that you received as gifts, or came by under unusual circumstances. The rest is up to you.

MAGUS89

Hello, I have a Few  Questions on Tools.

You see Im trying to get my tools ready, because I want to practice
Summoning Spirits ( good ones) such as angels and olympic spirits.
The kinstantinos book calles for a Very WIERD hard wand to make, and
Goblet with shaped as a crocus and a T shaped athame.

Is it Possible for my to use any Goblet i feel is right? such as a
Wine Glass? and For the Wand to cut the Wand from a tree and use
that, intead of the one with the ACORN top? And for the T shaped
athame, can
I just use a Nomral Knife, thatI feel will do the job?  I wil Still
be writting the Symbols on the objects though.

but will the objects I choose  Work? Or does it have to be the ones
that The books call for?

And as the tool for evocation, can i just use my black Cauldron, Its
kinda small though, but when i put water its putchess black. And If
i can how big does it have to be or does size matter?

thanks

Veral42

which book is it that you're using?