News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

What do YOU believe are the limits of magick?

Previous topic - Next topic

omass

I was just answering a question about summoning Vassago and something occured to me-limits of magick. I came to the conclusion there are none. Have you ever heard about that Soviet wiman who used Telekinesis to move wooden and metal objects? That was studied in controlled conditions, but why do the modern scientists write it off so quickly?  Perahaps some may remember my post about Paranormal experiences where I over exaggerated to say ghost-busters were illegal...anyway they are non-existent but I watched a police show, Degpunkta, and it turns out our police occasionally uses psychics in Police investigations and have been for years. To find evidance. I have read books on magick since I was 8! I cast a spell in the beggining of this year. Instead of temperatures rising and snow melting, like predicted, we had blizzards and colds, like I wanted. Anyway, all of this begs the question-what do you think are the limits of magick?

Mr.Flip

Magick has no limit, sacred really
but its not howd u would expect or hope, see magick is too powerful ro be used for mediocre tasks
in reality its in moments like when you look into a blind mans heart and a vision of light appears, i dont wanna rant or Rev,J.J this but Magick in its true form is seriously too powerful for many to comprehend

Countless people are misinterpreting biological, mental, and Physical phenomena/abilities

point is there is not limit to magick kid but some things are Sacred and you dont mess with them at all, there is such a thing called good and bad, no excuse for good intentions or grey areas, i find it ironic how we have consciousness it is in stilled to know what is Right, like jimmy cricket

one good Example and just quick sketch
The ability to make a new living breathing Life is a...well you call it god, magick,etc but most importantly its SACRED

warning somethings in this world can be living and breathing but without a consciousness
(!)Spark it up

Bedeekin

A wand?

I'm not sure Nina Kulagina used magic per se. Did she not just use Psychokinesis to move physical objects. I don't think she summoned Vassago or Zuul to move them.

I do however think that if science did start to take Psychokinesis or telepathy seriously... any mention of occult magic would soon put an end to their interest. It's this part of the subject matter that alienates science against it.

Steel Hawk

Eh. The main limit is time-space. There's always a time delay, whilst in the astral not being governed by time-space it's instantaneous. I never believed in karma till I started going deep into magick. I've learned that everything has consequences, the more severely you change things that shouldn't be changed the more severe the karma, there is always a price to be payed by someone. Unfortunately I'm of the opinion that telekinesis is complete and total garbage. Every video I've seen has turned out to be a fake and don't get me started on psiwheels.

Mr.Flip

Advanced Applied Sciences  :-D   (hypothetically)

anyway majority of the world mis understands and blows over proportion many things, so called "super natural" eh idk it kinda fits but point is all everyone is ignoring the real true magick and doesnt see it, everything else is just a TOOL

the "elite" are very well aware of black and white magick, Nuclear Warfare, Biological Warfare are just some examples, i dont like to believe in greyish areas personally

humans are to occupied and addicted to Religion, Politics, War, Sports, and Celebrities, very primitive we are, oh and put sex in there too
(!)Spark it up

omass

Indeed, Mr. Flip... When I lived back in UK, I remember a genuine lack of interest of everything except when the new "Call of Duty" comes out, who got the most kills on MW2 and who's had the most girld. Anyone who didn't do just about that, were classed either as saddos and low-lifes, or maybe in a few rare occasions as harmless cute people...Just had to play along with that.
As for magick being too very powerful and sacred-too many people just want to find "a kvik hex 4 rvenge". I can find plenty of those questions on yahoo answers. I used to hear people say "I wish wizards of the Waverly place was real." Many people totally mistinterpret magick and all the fake magicians who claim to do real magick aren't helping the matter!

Steel Hawk...except the pschokinesis conducted by Nina Kulagina. They were never proved to be fakes and yet modern science quickly writes it off since they don't know what it is...besides, many never post their videos. Mostly only those who can't do it but want views/show off and further discredit the cause.

Beedeekin, what has a wand got to do with magick? I look at magick in the wider view of it ,meaning I attribute Reiki, Telekinesis e.t.c to the general category. BTW, why summon Vassago to rotate a piece of wood? Besides, I'd rather not do it at all-but at some point I will, for the sake of knowledge.

Dreamshards. I shall proceed to bombard you with smileys!
:-) ;-) :-P =-O :-* :O B-) :-$ :-! O:-) :-X :-D <3 XD

Mr.Flip

errrr the wand thing gets too complicated in short think of musical orchestra conductor u know the guy with the stick derecting the musicians but see then someone eh im not gonna explain.

my favorite form of magick is RADIO!!! i really dont know how i could live happily without anything like it honestly, im pretty sure as a modern human my brain is maybe even addicted to the sensation. pshh forget your mp3s and and ipods Radio is Live baby and most importantly FREE in caps,

its amazing how the music tones can make your body get goosebumps or ur heart beat faster and the passion you feel when your talk show says something u actually want to be said on such a massive scale and your surrondings literally disappear as you begin to enter the same space and time with these broadcasters
perfect example what the magick of Free Market Capitalism can give you
(!)Spark it up

Xanth

Mr.Flip

(!)Spark it up

galeb

Quote from: Mr.Flip on February 04, 2013, 23:25:47
Magick has no limit, sacred really
but its not howd u would expect or hope, see magick is too powerful ro be used for mediocre tasks
in reality its in moments like when you look into a blind mans heart and a vision of light appears, i dont wanna rant or Rev,J.J this but Magick in its true form is seriously too powerful for many to comprehend

Countless people are misinterpreting biological, mental, and Physical phenomena/abilities

point is there is not limit to magick kid but some things are Sacred and you dont mess with them at all, there is such a thing called good and bad, no excuse for good intentions or grey areas, i find it ironic how we have consciousness it is in stilled to know what is Right, like jimmy cricket

one good Example and just quick sketch
The ability to make a new living breathing Life is a...well you call it god, magick,etc but most importantly its SACRED

warning somethings in this world can be living and breathing but without a consciousness

You and your beliefs are what limit magick, if you believe that it is impossible then it is, if you believe that it is possible then it is.

"warning somethings in this world can be living and breathing but without a consciousness" I wonder how you came to this conclusion, please explain.

Mr.Flip

Again Magick has NO limit

It is one of the few that is Free, and the exact definition of magick is to create in the physical which was first meta-physical.

And to be Conscious is to be aware of your Life and the Life of others But everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

With Life comes Natural Law

and for example this Law contains the unalienable Right to Life, which then makes it clear that individuals who are ignoring the rights of others have no awareness whatsoever when they willfuly violate the rights of others, they surrender to whatever IT is and u do not put yourself in the same equality of everyone else who is Conscious in the NOW.
(!)Spark it up

Wi11iam

Quote from: Mr.Flip on February 05, 2013, 19:22:21
Advanced Applied Sciences  :-D   (hypothetically)

anyway majority of the world mis understands and blows over proportion many things, so called "super natural" eh idk it kinda fits but point is all everyone is ignoring the real true magick and doesnt see it, everything else is just a TOOL

the "elite" are very well aware of black and white magick, Nuclear Warfare, Biological Warfare are just some examples, i dont like to believe in greyish areas personally

humans are to occupied and addicted to Religion, Politics, War, Sports, and Celebrities, very primitive we are, oh and put sex in there too

My observations see that the 'grey' is vast in comparison to the 'black and white' - mostly this observation comes from the understanding that I (we) don;t know very much at all compared to what is knowable (even in our present forms).

Think With The Heart - Feel With The Mind

James

There are only limits if you think there are.
Just like us.

Bluefirephoenix

The issue isn't that there are arbitrary limits on what we can do, the issue is the focus of the magician. The development of that requires years of training and practice. Most people are not even doing the very basics well.  Scrying and Astral projection are manditory skills that other skills are built upon. scrying and I don't mean the imagination scrying ( seeing things in your mind) takes several years to perfect once the basics are developed. All projection and evocation skills are built on it.

Right now I'm working with an operation that may take me the rest of my life to complete, assuming I stay healthy til I hit 80. Thisiis the kind of effort that it requires for most people.  Lack of time and effort are the limiting factors

no_leaf_clover

If magic(k)  (we must have some Crowley fans here to be adding the 'k' huh?) is limitless then you guys can finally teach me how to figure this one out: How can you create a boulder so heavy that you can't lift it?  ...And then lift it?

Adapted from the old paradoxical question about God. :p
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

Xanth

Quote from: bungalow on November 09, 2016, 22:48:56
the stone is as easy to lift as the pebble... using a see-saw thingy.
Well that depends upon your perspective.

If you're looking at it from within the perspective of this physical reality, then no.  The stone isn't as easy to lift as the pebble.  It's a STONE.  It's physically heavier.
If you're looking at it from outside the perspective of this physical reality, then yes.  The stone is simply data.  There is no "stone".  It has no "mass".