News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

What is magic?

Previous topic - Next topic

Lasher

Adept of Light,

If you don't mind my asking your opinion on this,
Do you believe that the Kabbalah is an accurate model to how the universe manifests?

Also, would you recommend the books of Franz Bardon?

Thanks for any input.

Lasher

alchimiste

There must be at least as many forms of magic as there are operators. From Black magic  (the real black magic, that has nothing to do with the rubbish that is out of the twisted minds of the inquisition, or the throat cutting of chickens on a Saturday night) White magic, Red magic and Green magic and all those practices that filter between these four "mother" magics. All unfortunately of little interest as having been completely bastardized and corrupted they are useful only to the avid readers of todays tabloid off the shelf Grimoires and spell books!

"THE ONLY AND TRUE GOAL OF MAGIC IS THE TRANSFORMATION OF THE OPERATOR, TO FIND HIS/HER DIVINE ESSENCE, TO MERGE INTO THE ALL POWERFULL LIGHT, TO AID HIM/HER SUCCEED AND REALISE ON ALL THE PLANES OF HIS/HER EARTHLY EXISTENCE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE GRAND LAWS OF THE UNIVERSE."
R. Gascon 1993

Magic is a tool for evolution.

Alchimiste
(A student of Evolution)

Demande a Dieu et il te repondra....Cherches et tu trouveras....Frappe et l'on t'ouvrira.

Adept_of_Light

Hello Lasher, I do believe the *Mystical* Kabbalah to be an accurate model of how the Universe manifests yes, but that is only one of many models.

I would recommend the books of Franz Bardon for those that are serious about an ascendance type path and are looking for instructions, not fancy philosophies or elaborate theories.

His material is the type that is much better appreciated after one has seriously searched around and has not been satisfied with what was found. To give such material to a newcomer would be as giving pearls to the swine; I assure you it would not be understood, and would be regarded as boring and dry material (as are most instructional manuals).

Recognize though that Hermetics is not for everyone, and there are many other worthy paths out there. If the path you are on brings you to balance, understanding, love and spiritual evolvement, then pay attention, for you may have found one worth persuing.

alchimiste, I enjoyed "R. Gascon's" definition of magic. Thanks for sharing that.

Best Wishes,
Adept of Light
"First do what is necessary, then do what is possible, and soon you will be doing the impossible" St. Francis of Assis

Lysear

Is the kabbalah good enough for us ? Yes. is every other form concievable to the human mind good enough for us? Yes. Do we truly really know how the universe works? I guess no, maybe someone does, or has done once in times past. Maybe the time of understanding is round the corner, maybe the only time we have a glimmer of how the universe manifests itself is when we die. Until then I will continue to delve into the mysteries in all shapes and forms and try to discover where we belong in the scheme of things.

Lasher

quote:
Originally posted by Adept_of_Light

Hello Lasher, I do believe the *Mystical* Kabbalah to be an accurate model of how the Universe manifests yes, but that is only one of many models.

Thanks for your response, Adept_of_Light.

Recently I began reading some about the Mystical Kabbalah in the Jewish tradition.  I had always stayed away from books about Kabbalah because they seemed very complex and intimidating.  But I picked up a cassette tape set called, The Mystical Kabbalah by Rabbi David A Cooper, to listen to while driving my route.  

The ideas presented really resonated with me.  It was like all my diverse readings on religion, spirituality, mysticism, and the occult, were pulled together and could comfortably co-exist within the Kabbalah.   Like a puzzle that makes no sense until the final piece is put into place.  

But as soon as I returned to the bookstore for more insight I was overwhelmed by all of the books on Kabbalah.  Where to begin?  

I bought a few books that turned out to be kind of pop pablum for the masses.  Not what I was looking for.

After reading this thread a bit, I decided to look at book reviews on Amazon.com.  I decided that the book which most likely contains what I'm looking for is, The Key to the True Kaballah by Franz Bardon.  Since it is the third book in a series of sorts, I decided to order all three, including Initiation Into Hermetics and The Practice of Magical Evocation.  

To complete my order I bought, The Kybalion: A Study of the Hermetic Philosophy of Ancient Egypt and Greece by Three Initiates.  A friend had lent that to me back in High School and I remember that it kind of blew my mind back then.  I figured that this book would give me a good philosophical/historical foundation to build upon with the Franz Bardon books.  They're all big books, so it will be a while before I make it to The Key to the True Kabbalah.  But I have a feeling that it will be a very interesting journey...

Lasher

Kristen

Hi Lasher -

Have you read Dion Fortune's Mystical Qabalah and Israel Regardie's Tree of Life or Garden of Pomegranates?  I recommend them all... actually anything by these two authors are classic and important additions to a magickal library alongside Franz Bardon.

take care,
Kristen

P.S. dude - cool homepage

Parmenion

Greetings Lasher,

A very productive "trip to the bookstore" [:)]
There is no harm in having Bardons second and third books if for nothing more than to flip through for the moment. If, however, you choose to become a student of Bardon you will find that it will take you quite some time (years) to work through the first book. It is reccommended that one not progress beyond IIH until one has attained mastery of at least 4/5ths of the work (STEP 8)

I found the "Kyballion" to contain much more than the sum of it's words. I'll not comment more on it, rather let you draw your own conclusions.

Happy reading!

Dave

Lasher

quote:
Originally posted by Kristen

Hi Lasher -

Have you read Dion Fortune's Mystical Qabalah and Israel Regardie's Tree of Life or Garden of Pomegranates?  I recommend them all... actually anything by these two authors are classic and important additions to a magickal library alongside Franz Bardon.

take care,
Kristen

P.S. dude - cool homepage

Hi Kristen,

Thanks for the book suggestions.  I will definitely check them out.

Also, thanks for checking out my website.  [:D]
It would be even cooler if I ever had time to update it.  It hasn't been touched in well over a year.  [:O]
Hopefully that will be changing soon, though.

Parmenion,

Thanks for your insights on the books.  I can't wait 'til they arrive.  [:)]

Lasher

Adrian

Greetings everyone,

quote:
Originally posted by Adept_of_Light

I would recommend the books of Franz Bardon for those that are serious about an ascendance type path and are looking for instructions, not fancy philosophies or elaborate theories.

His material is the type that is much better appreciated after one has seriously searched around and has not been satisfied with what was found. To give such material to a newcomer would be as giving pearls to the swine; I assure you it would not be understood, and would be regarded as boring and dry material (as are most instructional manuals).

Recognize though that Hermetics is not for everyone, and there are many other worthy paths out there. If the path you are on brings you to balance, understanding, love and spiritual evolvement, then pay attention, for you may have found one worth persuing.

alchimiste, I enjoyed "R. Gascon's" definition of magic. Thanks for sharing that.

Best Wishes,
Adept of Light

Once again I would like agree completely with Adept_of_Light on all he says above.

Philosophy such as the Kaballah (and Sephir Yetzirah) and the various other ancient traditions and orders are all very well, but are unlikely, in and of themselves to enable progression on the path.

At the final analysis, progression incudes complete equilibrium and balance of body, Soul and Spirit, taming of the ego, (including the complete equilibration fo all negative attributes),and realisation of the Divine within ourselves - true Magic. These take dedication and work,and no strictly philosophical work will help much there.

There are many paths in the world of course, Yoga being one of them in all of its forms, but Yoga mostly focusses on just one aspect of the "I", e.g. the path of love, the path of devotion etc.,and are therefore not balanced.

A path of initiation is excellent if a person has the necessary discipline and dedication, but anyone and everyone can work upon the fundamentals as mentioned above on a day to day basis.

People that have attained such equlibrium can easily perform those things regarded as "Magic", but in reality it is the realisation and out-working with immutable universal laws that enables true Magic - not spells, rituals or philosophies.

With best regards,

Adrian.

https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

n/a

"What is magic? (as appose to magick)"

-isn´t the Magic Energetic experiments?

because nobody knows exactly what is he doing,
nobody knows exactly what he does or practise.
-especialy in magic.
-isn´t this true?

lets take an example of driving a car.
everyone knows what is the result
of turning the ignition.
-but exactly how is this happening?

chemical reaction, physical- are all well known, and familiar,
a lot of people know that, -there are even hundreds of textbooks!
-but exactly how is this happening?
-nobody knows.
magic is even complex then igniting a car.
-do you agree?

Magic is sensitive Energetic skill.
and races and nations have been studying it
for thousands and hundreds and hundred and thousands of years.
they have learned a few magic tricks,
a few technics they have gained,
even to levitate and project, into the animal and human,
walk on water and to kill with the thought.
they learned how to manipulate a variety of persons and entities
they have even gained their cultures
after their magic.
wrote thousands of textbooks.
but they have never yet found out
how does the magic work.
-do you know, O´ Magicians of the forum?

infact, many or the all of the participants
of this forum, yet,
haven´t have read not even one of those books
developed for the thousands of years.
you are not even looking for that books.
you just experiment.
-how come you know so much about the magic (forums)?

thanks.

P.S.we are not in the baloons, separated from each-other.
we are in the same Universe connected with the Energy strings
from above and below.
those Energy strings(channels) operate through energetic commands
or so-called elements.
there are certain beings who only understand elements.
there are certain beings who only understand element commands.

those are the higher ranking beings,
because we are in the physical world,
and they are in the Energetic world.
those are the higher ranking beings, because they are elemental.
we have our protection while being in the material world,
but when dead, feeding the worms,
what do you think,
what this beings will do to you?
could you stop them?
they are well-practise and skilled ONLY IN
energetic influences and attacks.
and there are milons of them
What is then you think that will save you from them?
-the goodness of your soul?
or your "magic" skills and technics?
perhaps you could stop a few of them with that.
do you think you will be protected using your charms and
spells, or cuting their throats with your "magic"-swords?
-by the way, they do not have throats!
do you think you will be able to avoid them using
"standard-magic-diversion number 2"?
then what then?
toothbrush or the chatolic cross?
or then you will convert to Christian faith.
maybe that will stop them.
maybe they have watched the TV,
especially Vatican chanell especially the sunday-mass .
and then, maybe out-of-the-laugh that will stop´em.

we are not in the baloons, separated from each-other.
we are in the same Universe connected with the Energy strings
always! influencing each-other.
(depending only on the state of consciousness we are in.)
and you do not know even what you do.
you just makes excuses for yourself and others.
I guess, then,
not all of the people could be magicians.
some of you are only the food for a large variety of creatures.
so, the question stands.
how does exactly magic work/operate?
please, without analysing my words.

Tisha

Azaithoth999 the red, that was beautiful!  It captured some of the truth.  

The truth being, most of the people on this forums ARE NOT MAGICIANS. Only do a very small number of the (30,000 now?) Astralpulse members practice any form of magic(k), or follow any kind of esoteric path.  

Most people on Astralpulse come to this site originally because they want to know more about out-of-body (OBE) experiences. Some might go on to practice to have an OBE and succeed, while others try to OBE, but then quit (because it is difficult!).  Others will be content to have fun posting messages and learning new things.

The Magic Forum on Astralpulse is only a few weeks old.  Only a few who post here claim to "know" anything about magic.  And NOBODY here is an "expert!" Magic is a glorious, Divine Mystery.

As for me, I have what one could call "witch moments."  Meaning, through most of my day, I am an ordinary Mother, driving to work, drinking too much coffee, running around an office doing too much work, taking care of my child at home, cooking and taking care of my house . . . BUT . . .

. . . in my more quiet, solitary moments, where I do my magical "work," I enjoy incredible clarity, where I understand, I know magic, the Holographic Universe makes perfect sense, I move through different worlds, talk with plants, animals, and otherworldly beings,change the shape of things through the application of Intent, (Will) and CHANGE REALITY ITSELF in the process. . . . but not all at the same time of course!    These moments come and go like a dream, and they have NOTHING to do with ceremony or ritual.  THIS is what Tisha calls magic.

I have so much more to say, but this message is too long!  So much to say about what is "out there" when we die.  All I can say now is  that your head matters!  Your soul matters!  Work on your SOUL so that when you die, of the INFINITE number of realities on the Astral, you will find yourself in a nice place, instead of on the Lower Astral, where so much negativity lurks, "Black Lodge" and "negs" and such, ew!  Dwelling on the negative will GUARANTEE its company. Work on blessedness instead.

Have a blessed day everyone,

Tisha

n/a

positive and negative. they eliminate each-other.
what is the 3RD part?

and, never-mind the astral.
-that´s just a new invention!
(of human unconsciouss emotions)
-that´s just an Internet of Energetic fields.
and Internet is just a childrens-play-ground.

Energy field of Power-play is more Interesting
and more real.
and you can die there, not just dream.(Tishue day-dreaming)

beav31is

Cool a new forum.

Is magic anything we cant explain? What if we explain it later with increased paranormal knowledge, is it still magic? Or is magic anything paranormal? Or is it a card game?

I think all magic can be explained and understood by an entity of sufficient intelligence and experience. I consider telekinesis to be magic.

I think some of the great magicians like david copperfield did real magic, not tricks, and they not only didnt want to give their secret away, but also couldnt because most people wouldnt understand the paranormal.