News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

what is the best way to start?

Previous topic - Next topic

Fenris

A hoy there black lightning!

I've been thinking about the best advice to give you on this, and based on my observations I think that the best place to begin is the point which interests you personally the most. I know that might be an annoyingly broad answer so I'm happy to help you find where you would like to start if you like.

There are many traditions and schools that fall under the umbrella of magical practice, for example Wicca, ceremonial magic, traditional Celtic magic, Enochian magic ect. Some people find a tradition and stick with it, many more people sort of start their learning in one of these areas because something grabs there attention and from there their learning follows their interests. And your interests might be determined by what you want to get out of studying magic, this of course changes with the more you learn. To speak from my own experience this to begin with was wanting to learn all about spells and how to do funky stuff like change my eye color or make magical charms. I learnt a lot of important things and had a lot of fun, and I enjoyed the mysteriousness and secrecy I felt.  The things that interests me now are very different, but not necessarily any more valuable than anything else.

So just find something that seems interesting, you can't do anything wrong as there is no wrong place to start, as long as you keep exploring new things and wanting to know more all will be dandy. Once you find something you like, say as an example something about candle magic if you like we can all have a discussion about it here on the forum and we  can all learn something from one and another. I'm sure you will find plenty of rules and much magical lore in your explorations, but a really good rule to begin with is that the only stupid question is the one you don't ask [:)]

I just hope this hasn't been a stupid answer! [:D] Has this helped at all? Maybe someone else will post an answer you like more.

Regards
David

Nita

Hello David
  That was a really good answer. I would also add that you should read about all of the different discipliens and think about what you want to do. I would not affiliate myself with any practice or group until I understood more about what practices and groups were out there.
  I guess my advice would be to read everything that you can on the different subjects. It is the only way to understand where you feel that you belong.
  Nita
www.astralhealer.com
www.hermeticuniversityonline.com

kai

Thanks a lot.
Do you know any truthful sources about magic so that I can read up on the subject?

Kai
...and we danced on the brink of an uncertain future to the echo of a vanishing past...

kai

Hi everybody!

Just wondering, what is the best way to get into magic - start it up?
Because I am interested in it but just don't know where to start.

Thanks for any help

Kai
...and we danced on the brink of an uncertain future to the echo of a vanishing past...