News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

totem animals

Previous topic - Next topic

Tayesin

Hi Anjiera,
There are a few websites that will help with what your looking for.
Here's the address for one........

www.animalspirits.com

Hope this is some help.

Love always.

Nay

Hey anjiera.
That is a hard question to sum up in a few lines.  I have a book called "Earth Medicine" by Kenneth Meadows, if you are really interested I suggest you go buy it.. I did go to google and found a interesting site you might want to check out
www.fabrisia.com/totemanimals.htm  
Alot of stuff to read..lol..I didn't read everything but will definitly go back to check out more.  By the way, my birth Totem is a wolf...(which will be with me the rest of this life) I didn't find this out until a few years ago, but will admit I have always found the wolf a fasinating and beautiful creature!  If you have found thru your life you have had a certain feeling towards a animal more than likely that is your birth totem.  Don't get me wrong totem animals come into our lifes at different times for different reasons.  Lately I have been seeing a falcon perched on a tree in my backyard, and the Falcon's totem traits are Enterprising. Pioneering. Adventurous. and Affable.
But....the negative traits are Selfish. Egotistical. Impatient. and Ostentatious.  Now what I have to do is figure out which are prevalent in my life right now...ok, I already know which ones
are..lol.. Actually I have had a little of BOTH lately, but obviously I need to work on some of the negative traits..hehehe.

Good luck in your search!

Nay. [;)]

Euphoric Sunrise

A great book i've found (and purchased) is a book called Animal-Speak by Ted Andrews.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0875420281/qid=1059350345/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_1/103-3890687-8520627

"The soul is never silent, but wordless"
* Emperor - The Tongue of Fire

Tayesin

What Nay said about the birth totem is true, and also the book 'Earth Medicine' is exceptionally good. I liked it's simplicity and clarity, no mumbo-jumbo there.

I have always felt a kinship with the Australian Wedge-tailed Eagle, since I was very young. It is a magnificent bird that can grow to an incredible size given good conditions for food etc.

In the past few years I have noticed large Blue-eyed Ravens around me, although it does not surprise me because one my closest relationships 'off-world' is with a Being known as Ravyn.

Recently at a group nmeditation a small bear cub came to me and let me rub his soft furry ear. Later, I was told that it represented healing energies. I was glad to hear that, it's just what I needed!

Love always.

Tisha

Once, at a festival, I slept in a tent with a whole bunch of people for warmth.  The gentleman who was laying next to me was quite pleased to have me there.  He dropped off to semi-sleep he had a vision of me in my angelic-white-astral-nightie (which is what I wear on the astral, either that or a sheet, toga-style).  

Then, all of a sudden, a large bobcat was pacing between us as if to guard me.  The bobcat looked at him as if to say, "Go ahead. Make my day."  The gentleman panicked and woke up.  He decided to remain a gentleman and made no advances toward me.  The next day he was running around camp, telling this story.

After that, I looked up the bobcat in Ted Andrew's Animalspeak and decided it was probably my guardian animal. The characteristics truly fit.  I was amazed.  I saw a bobcat at a wildlife refuge after that and it ran up to me and let me scratch its big ears through the fence, and it even tried to climb over the fence to get to me.  I wasn't supposed to touch it, but I didn't care.  I felt a strong bond with it.  Very magical!

Tisha

n/a

I would like to know, what is the connection and relation between
totem animal and the energy entity in body of some humans.
and the second question, how come there are no insect cults, and that never was?

Tisha

APOPHIS,

As to insects . . . there are insect "cults" in India, if you want to call them cults.  I learned this in college AEONS ago.  I remember an overhead projection of women feeding sugar to their sacred ant farm.  Other groups had rats as their totems.  

To each their own I guess . . . . .
Tisha

n/a

could you tell me a little bit more, Tish
because that are not insect cults.
that is a woman feeding an ant.
that could be you.
the subject is TOTEM.. if you havent noticed.
I AM refering to Insect masks and so on.

kiauma

I once dreamed of a crow dog.  Literally, it was a dog, covered in black feathers.   It was just standing there in my dream.

I have no idea what that was about.
Non semper ea sunt quae videntur.

kiauma

Oh that's funny Lola.  [:D]

No, I am most decidedly not a lawyer.
Non semper ea sunt quae videntur.

The AlphaOmega

Well, yes in fact I do.  Totem animals were originally of the West Coast Indian tribes known as the Haida.  Haida roughly translated means "Red Cedar Tribe".  The Haida's main resource was the Red Cedar Tree, and they basically used it for everything.  Their houses, their tools, and their totems.  They were the first to use totems because they believed in a number of Gods, and it could be easily depicted by carving it into the Red Cedar, as totems.  Their primary God was that of an Eagle, being the top diety on the totem.  The first god of most indian tribes was Quezecatol (unsure about spelling), the white serpent.  When the Haidas arrived their Shaman saw an Eagle eating a serpent, which signified the overpowering of Quesecatl and the forming of their new diety, the eagle.  When the Europeans arrived they hoped to spread christianity, so they destroyed the totems of many tribes in the west coast region.  They considered them "fashists"... believing in many gods.  The Europeans wanted them to believe in a single Christian God.  The tribes accepted Christianity, but it was not as it is today. They merged their beliefs with the Christian beliefs to form another religion.  For example... the tribes believed in more then one God, so when they learned of God, Christ, and the Holy Spirit they saw that as a belief in more then one God.  They merged their current beliefs with that of the Christian missionaries... ie-marry was thought of as the Goddess of trees, etc.  So though the European missionaries believed their crusade to be a complete succes (due to some language barrier) in fact the indians never abandoned their beliefs, but used christianity to enforce it.  And the totems remained, and more then one God was worshipped.  The history goes much deeper, but that is the basics of it all.
"Discover your own path to enlightenment with diligence".
              - Buddha

anjiera

does anyone know anything about totem animals?