News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Which Witch is Which?

Previous topic - Next topic

Aristoles

Heh,just you wait until we come with our longboats!:D

Hm,yea,i guess you are right

n/a

quote:
In Swedish there is the word "häxa" derived from the German equivalent. It seems to be soly used ina negative manner, which I find kind of sad concidering our heavy reliance on herb-healers in that past.

in german is die Hexe which witch means after die, hexagram got his name!(entropy=natural death of things)
does someone knows WHY? -witches never got their name from and after Pentagram?(natural life of things, logarythm)?

thanks.

Tisha

This is how my source explains it.

The six-sided star (hexagram), thought to be Solomon's Seal or the Sign of David, actually had nothing to do with David or Solomon.  It was not mentioned in Jewish literature until 11AD and not adopted as a Jewish emblem until 16AD.

The real history of the hexagram has to do with Tantra, where the symbol represented union of the sexes.  The downward pointing triangle was the Female Primordial Image, or Yoni Yanta. The upward pointing triangle was the spark of life, the male half, the bindu.  Together, they are the Primordial Androgyne, the Great Yantra.

The personification of the Great Yantra was Bindumati, who was described in myth as a sacred harlot.   So yes, we are talking about sex magic, sex magic, sex magic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Union of male and female. The imagery and practices were adopted by those who studied the Cabala.  King Solomon practiced the magic of the hexagram (my goodness, have you read his poetry?????????????)

And, the german word "Hexe," for witch, then, would be used in reference to someone who engaged in these practices, and a Hex is a witch's spell.  

The associations with the number six are interesting - Greek HEX, Latin SEX, cognate with Egyptian SEXEN (to embrace or copulate)

Perhaps this is why the old Christian authorities called 6 the number of sin!   And don't get me started on the triple-six . . . .

So, in answer to your question, Azaithoth, I think the connections between 6, hexagram, and entropy have to do with the physical manifestations of the union between male and female:  SEX in the entropic, physical world!  And the negative connotations are probably a holdover from Christian attitudes toward sex and the physical world, which to the Catholics were sinful and to be avoided/transcended at all costs.

So, now that the news is out, should the witches start wearing the 6-pointed star, instead of the pentagram?  The answer will depend on their practice, actually, ha ha! [:P]
Tisha

Cruel Tendencies

The hexagram has a lot of imagery associated with it, but it usually means more or less the same thing.  

A pentagram can be attributed to the human body - the four limbs ruled by the head.  Similarly, the four elements - earth, air, fire, water, ruled by spirit.  

An inverted pentagram is said to be the four limbs and the genitals, with no head to be seen.  This would be the four elements ruled by the flesh, rather than spirit.

The hexagram is the union of the four elements, spirit, and flesh.  Ancient Judaism was the way in which one may gain material and worldly benefits by submitting to and being led by the spirit.  The act of circumcision, in my opinion, demonstrates which end of the hexagram is supposed to be dominant.

As Tisha said, it's used in Tantra to signify the union of the sexes, which is really the same as the union of spirit and flesh.  Additionally, the upward pointing triangle is the symbol for elemental Fire, and the downward pointing triangle is the symbol for elemental Water.  From what I understand, this was pretty well known in the middle ages, to the point of having a hexagram on a tavern sign, signalling "Firewater".

I wasn't aware that old Christian authorities considered 6 to be an evil number, unless it was taken from the 666 mark of the beast deal in Revelation.  Kabballistically, 6 is the number of beauty and harmony, as can be seen from the above examples of what the hexagram represents.  666 would normally be considered a positive number, but in the context of Revelation, it's used to describe the mark of the Beast.  

The Beast of Revelation has to do with Satan's counterfeit plan for the world, which he tries to pass off as the "divine plan."  The use of 666 as the mark of the Beast, in my understanding, has to do with false beauty, or outward harmony (such as democratic, political systems, as well as capitalism).  Everything looks nice on the outside, but when you dig deeper, you see how dirty most of it is.

Paul

n/a

quote:
Perhaps this is why the old Christian authorities called 6 the number of sin! And don't get me started on the triple-six . . . .

So, in answer to your question, Azaithoth, I think the connections between 6, hexagram, and entropy have to do with the physical manifestations of the union between male and female: SEX in the entropic, physical world!

quote:
The hexagram is the union of the four elements, 5TH ELEMENT, and flesh.

-COMPLETLEY TRUE!

it is the most Interesting, if you have 7 little balls of the same size,
and you put them ALL in a little vessell ROUND at the bottom,
-they allways do the same trick!
it is the same with every molecule in this world!    [:O]

the law of 7, is the law of NATURAL NORMAL ORDER of things,
without any INTENTION needed, used, or WANTED!

and for the hexagram, without any jewish lies, about that
simply MATTERIAL SIGN, because of the law of 7, mentioned above,
THE(die in German) HEXAGRAM REMAINS ENTROPIC, EVERY SINGLE TIME!

(And still no Witch got her name AFTER PENTAGRAM=After logarythm!)

SO, THE ONLY TRUE WITCH SIGN IS HEXAGRAM!
-and all the witches support him!
Inside their stomach, ALL of them -in that practise.
[:O]
NO MAGIC INSIDE HEXAGRAM, ALSO NO JEW OR WITCH OUTSIDE OF IT!
[:)]

n/a

(I cannot say 'him', because hexagram/hexagon is a sign=symbol therefore, hexagram/hexagon is 'it')[8]

Tisha

quote:
NO MAGIC INSIDE HEXAGRAM, ALSO NO JEW OR WITCH OUTSIDE OF IT!

Mr. Azaithoth, you were almost making sense, until you got to this.

In my experience, all the (real) magical practitioners who call themselves witches are very concerned with the MANIFESTING (6).  They use their knowledge of magic (i.e., "the way things work" - "the quantum mechanics of the cosmos") to manifest reality in accordance with their Intent.  Witchcraft is a PRACTICAL CRAFT, like woodworking, cooking, sex . . . all those worldly, physical arts.

So yes, witchcraft is hexagramic, but it is still magic. Also, Pentagram magic was "grafted on" to european witchcraft practices when some witches began to practice ceremonial magic. Modern Wicca, for instance, is a combination of witchcraft, ceremonial magic, european shamanic/tribal practices, and religious beliefs. Not my cup of tea, but still a valid way of practicing magic in the modern world.
Tisha

n/a

do you understand entropy, Tish?
you have comment on it,n your last post, anyway.
yes, that hexagramic creation is called a womb magic, the grayest of all arts,
some think, and they are probabley right, it is the worsest blackmagic there ever was, but -it is happening(the law of the 7)!
IT DOES NOT NEED AN INTENTION. (because of the entropy)
manifestation of it is happening(entropy) by itself.
and how this be magic, without Intention(opposite of happening)?

and I wonder..can magic happend?(entropy)

I think it is called HAPPENING, and not magic,
but how could I know?

but still, no magic for a "woman"witches without happening(entropy)!
[:)]

Tisha

quote:
some think, and they are probabley right, it is the worsest blackmagic there ever was

Well . . . they DO call me Queen of Darkness in the office . . . (cackle!)[:P]
Tisha

Tisha

However, to answer your question:

There is no magic without Intent. Without Intent, one is just an awake mystic or, worse, an ordinary sleeping-victim of circumstance rocked by one "happening" after another.  

An earth-magical practitioner does more than experience magic; s/he is co-creatrix with the Divine Forces (beings, elements), shaping and weaving Reality in accordance with Intent. S/he must first practice Magic in the otherworldly realm(s) before Intent will manifest in the physical realm (as above, so below!) after which it will, of course, be subject to the laws of entropy.  

Please note that, for this kind of practitioner, MANIFESTATION is the PURPOSE of magical workings.
Tisha

Ceriel N

"Purpose"... I just noticed I get a twitch when I read that word.
Prolly comes from searching for it for 7 years and finding out it doesn't exist. =/
"We work in the dark - we do what we can- we give what we have. Our doubt is our passion, and our passion is our task. The rest is the madness of art."
- Henry James

n/a

just don't become a witch, because they have no 'purpose' except 'materialization'.
[8D]
the purpose is 'to know' and 'to be'.
(being consciousness -not attaining or having consciousness:)

Tisha

BEING-CONSCIOUSNESS - - such a terrible thing!!!![:D]
Tisha

Ceriel N

Do _not_ tell me what purpose is. Anyone claiming to know it is but a FOOL!
"We work in the dark - we do what we can- we give what we have. Our doubt is our passion, and our passion is our task. The rest is the madness of art."
- Henry James

n/a

I told you so![:)]

now you will get deaf, dumb and blind!!!!!

majour ka

STAND BACK !!......I was a witch ( female too!) in a past life. And the power felt toooooooooooooooo good! I remeber getting visions in pools of water and the feeling of untouchable invincability and ageless beauty,
If thats you too... Enjoy x[;)]

Aristoles

Ceriel N

quote:
Originally posted by Azaithoth999 the red

I told you so![:)]

quote:
Originally posted by Azaithoth999 the red
the purpose is 'to know' and 'to be'.

I am neither deaf, dumb nor blind.
- Henry James

Tisha

There is no use getting into a tinkling contest over who's blind, whose conciousness is better, whose magic is superior.  Azaithoth's classifications leave him alone, at the top.  Which is fine for him, if that's what he likes.  Magic for One in a lonely little world.

From my perspective, it's a big universe, with room for all kinds of magic. My preference is to be intimately and magically involved in the "happenings" of this big, beautiful marble we call Earth. Others might think it superior to transcend themselves beyond.  However, if you ask me (not that anyone did) the "transcendence" approach to consciousness is darn near Christian.  Because transcendence is what the Catholic Fathers beat into people:  Rejection of Flesh, in favor of Spirit. (how does it feel to be Chatolic, Azaithoth?).  

In my experience, Spirit/the One/the Divine (call it what you wish) expresses Itself through the flesh-happenings of the world, so I would never reject them. The process is beautiful and magical, and I would much rather participate than sneer at the world from some excusive, transcendant locale.
Tisha

Ceriel N

AFAIK, there is little difference between 'spiritual' and 'physical'.
Matter, motion, and awareness. Matter and motion combined are energy, a vector, a function of logic. Logic, no different from the mind.
- Henry James

n/a

quote:

Matter, motion, and awareness. quote]

awareness is also Energy.

quote:
Matter and motion combined are energy,..[/

you did not study theory of relativity, very well,
Energy is independent, matter has nothing to do with the Energy.
matter is only slowing down the Energy.

Quote..are energy,a vector, a function of logic. Logic, no different from the mind.

mind is Energy.(at least, Buddhist doctrine.)

the most ground and the most healthy FUNCTION of mind is logic.
(Reason is not! -Reason can change with an circumstances.)

Vector is only a direction of Energy, or matter moving.
-for God sake!
you like to mix? (apples with pears?)

Tisha

I'm starting this thread so that people may discuss what they know, or more like, what they THINK they know [;)] about Witches.  If you call yourself Witch, speak up!  If you have some authoritative material to throw in, feel free! (also, feel free to rip up other people's references: that's half the fun!).

First, let's clear one thing up:  Not all Witches are Wiccan.  We can chat about Wicca here, but you are also welcome to visit the Wicca thread in the RELIGION section, if you want to talk about religion. What makes you a witch is what YOU DO, not what you believe.

So, what do Witches do?  How many kinds of witches do you think there are?  What is the origin of the word "witch?"

There, that should get things rolling.
Tisha