News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Who's more powerful: Men or Women?

Previous topic - Next topic

Nagual

I think Castaneda was saying that during PMSes, women are more "connected" to the source; without any obstacles/control.  I would think that their assemblage point should be a lot looser.

Check it on amazon...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0671732471/103-1085598-8327038?v=search-inside&keywords=periods
If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

doubtsevenhere17

this is perhaps a dumb thing to say, but does it really matter who is more powerful?  why must we always focus on who's better/smarter/etc?  we can make all kinds of generalizations about male and female characteristics that may or may not be beneficial to their power, but from both sides there is always someone who is an exception to the rule.  there are guys who have more "feminine" personality traits than "masculine", and there are women who have more "masculine" than "feminine".  sure, they aren't commonplace, but they do exist.  i would think that would have an effect on things.  and then what about people of mixed/indeterminate/whatever you wanna call it gender, like hermaphrodites and such?  sometimes thinking too much in male/female, black/white is too limiting.  there are too many places where the lines get blurred.  we are all most powerful when combining our talents.  [:)]

n/a

United, male and female part is THE only true power,
that is the meaning of PYRAMID=the PURPOSE of alkemical work
and of construction of the Gothic arch.
"Only when you transcend the duality, FINDING A 3RD PART IN THE EVOLUTION, THE 5th ELEMENT, philosopher stone, Quintessence, Source
you Enter ability=power -of course

but who is male and female, a hermaphrodite here?
-"the One who dances" [:O]
(with an elements.)[:)]

TheSeeker

I do not think hermaphrodites occur in human beings, I could be wrong.  I wasn't talking about humans when I said that.  And, Tisha, yes, you are evil for starting this post... EVIL!

Tisha

There are human hermaphrodites.  Usually, when a child is born this way, the parents decide what sex they want their child to be, and a sex change (? sex-reduction ?) operation is performed right away.  Sometimes the parents make the wrong choice, and then their "little girl" grows up wanting to be a boy!  Hermaphrodites, understandably, often end up in therapy.

In the native american tribes, hermaphrodites were believed to be most powerful, and they were trained to be medicine-men/women.  Even non-hermaphrodite medicine men/women adopted the dress and mannerisms of the opposite sex to merge the male-female aspects and increase their power.
Tisha

TheSeeker

Interesting tid-bit of information there Tisha.  So how does that work if you're a hermaphrodite, do both sex organs work?  Could you impregnate yourself?  If so, what would your children call you?

Seriously though, I think I need some visual confirmation on this, it's one thing to read about it, but I want to see it, send me a link of some info if you have one.

Tisha

Sorry Seeker, I have nothing!  I learned it all in college, many years ago . . . a lot of work with sexuality and gender identity, family issues, etc. etc................ and a minor in Native American studies.
Tisha

Ceriel N

Not to drift too far from the topic, I just had a thought: Now when the sun, AFAIK a masculine symbol, is highly active, and this night's (Night here.) lunar eclipse coincidence, it surely allows for some symbolical interpritation. During lunar eclipses the moon becomes red, so could one interprit this as an enforcement of the feminine aspect?
And what a wonderful thing to remember the claim of 'strange' things starting to happen now in November, wouldn't you say?
- Is this the night our most important celestials bodies become one?

Only one thing is for sure for me and that is that I am going to stay up and watch the event. (I like to watch.) [;)]

ED:
It had been the most beatiful day,
and when I stepped out, 1:30AM, clouds covered the sky. =(
"We work in the dark - we do what we can- we give what we have. Our doubt is our passion, and our passion is our task. The rest is the madness of art."
- Henry James

n/a

'IT' is the most powerfull!
-even in a lesbian bar!

Ceriel N

Power is nothing without control.
"We work in the dark - we do what we can- we give what we have. Our doubt is our passion, and our passion is our task. The rest is the madness of art."
- Henry James

Aristoles

You need something to control too :P

n/a

Ability is nothing without control.
yes! mr controller!

"for use of a power, please visit our nuclear powerplant!"
[:)]

techno_fantasyix

Hey,

I'm basically female, but I have male pattern body hair and a way different concentration of hormones and feel sort of stuck between the genders at times. Where does that place me?
    Also, if spirit is genderless, and you are working in a spiritual realm and not focusing on the physical, then logically it may follow that there it may be clear and neuter also.

Gwathren

This thread is evil, Tisha. It really is.

But since you posted it, I just have to reply. You're right about that women generally are more powerful. Actually they are more powerful in life too. Cause they have a sort of determination that men lack. However, women usually share everything they know, they instantly want to speak of everything with anybody. Men are more secretive. You could say they think more than women do. At least those who are "the best". Sure there are men who act like they are powerful, but actually are excrement. But have you heard the saying:
"Act like you're stupid, but be smart".
The most powerful are men, because they just are. And some of these "excrement" can be powerful as well.
YOu might never know where the smartest is hiding...
"Everything returns as before, and there is nothing new under the Sun, and man never changes although his clothes change and also the words of his language change."
Mika Waltari "Sinuhe"

majour ka

mmmm interesting, is it that historicaly men would take up arms so quickly and natrualy, witch (nother pun [8D]) left the ladys at home to spin somthing more sinister, thus looking back we find more female spell casters?

It seems more women are proficient mediums etc, I believe thats because many woman are more attuned to thier own love emotions and are able to open thier hearts more easily as a rule. AS for magic dunno, I think more girls are intersted in it to be honest.

Ive seen a past life and been told of a past life when I was witch, I felt sooooooooo powerful it was an orgasmic regresion [:P] and oh yeah, I was FEMALE

majour ka

quote:
United, male and female part is THE only true power,
that is the meaning of PYRAMID=the PURPOSE of alkemical work
and of construction of the Gothic arch.
"Only when you transcend the duality, FINDING A 3RD PART IN THE EVOLUTION, THE 5th ELEMENT, philosopher stone, Quintessence, Source
you Enter ability=power -of course

but who is male and female, a hermaphrodite here?

Sounds right to me, wouldnt that be some one who could find balance in thier male female polarity. Physical sex has nothing to do with our soul or spirit. Just the sex we chose for this incarnations life lessons.
Native american Indians believed bisexual males or females very sacred, and reserved certain tradional ceramonies especialy to be performed by them. Believing them to have two souls in one body, making them more balanced in love, logic, and strength.

PuffAddr

I gotta stir it....

My opinion is that each sex has their 'general' strengths in how the brain is used.  Women can access both sides of the brain, or go back and forth crossing sides easier than a male.  Women are more right-brained in their viewpoints/actions/learning.  Men are more left-brained.  So there we are.  Here is where all the trouble comes in.  

Men say that women are more fickle-minded (access back & forth easier); that they are too emotional (more right-brained than..uh...yep, males!).  And then of course you have the monthly hormal fluctuations.  But the other side of the coin... Women say men are too unfeeling (right-brained/logic) and not very artistic/creative (that's why Queer Eye for the Straight Guy show was created, remember?) [:D]  This is just some basic stuff for the 'normal' genders.  I am not talking about gays because they are in a separate category and defy boundaries (this is a very gay topic btw).   So after saying this, I would like to add that each sex can dominate in different ways when it comes to psi-power stuff.  Also, that some people (regardless of sex) just are born with tons of it while the rest of us go about it the 'old fashioned way'.

Now someone mentioned hermaphrodites and transgendered people.  The "in" word for hermaphrodites now is "intersexed".  Like the Native American Indians, I also feel these people are very special.  And to complicate matters,now we have another category refusing to be either male or female, but a "third gender".  (My view on this is that all of us fit into the spectrum somewhere, either on the ends or somewhere in between, or maybe even in the middle like these folks!)  So, in the end, I believe gender has no meaning unless it means something to you.[}:)]  

Everyone has their abilities, talents and troubles and maybe, just maybe, it all depends on what we are able to work thru in life and find at the bottom of the laundry basket.  And we all do alot of laundry!

But for some reason, no matter how much I research on the subject of sex and power useage...it always seems to come back to personal balance.

>............hanging up spoon for someone else to use now.....[;)]

BirdManKalki

I Think women are generally more powerful then men. However I think that it is quite normal to find men who are more powerful then women. The reason being, men live life totally different from women.

Men are goal Orientated

This can be compared to the following

When a man and a women go out on a date the males goal is to end up in bed with the women.

Having men and women use the same road is a recipe for disaster.
When a male drives his car to the supermarket he tries to do it in record time anybody slower then him is wasting his time 'Road rage'. When a male goes shopping he whizzes around the supermarket in record time. Men are more competitive and fly through life without giving thought to consequences. There are many more examples sex ect. Compare this type of behaviour to the female and we get the opposite.

The Female knows weather she is going to end up in bed with the male. She has to give consent for this to occur. Therefore the female is in control. When the female drives to the supermarket she's happy to get there safely, however long it takes. Once she is at the supermarket she is happy to shop for as long as it takes. Women are multi taskers this shows that they can base the attention on different tasks at a time. Men tend to put all there attention into a single task/goal at a time. Football as an example this is why most men love football .

I expect the same behaviour with Magick study/practice as long as the goal is truth and not disire

The average male will put time and effort to proceed rapidly as long as his attention is focused on a goal.

The female is happy to proceed at any given rate sometimes fast sometimes slow. This would explain why there are more professional males and so forth. However this is just my humble male opinion. Once the truth is realised there is no limit to potential of either.

Birdman      
" I say nothing and look at YOU"

Tenken

Honestly I didn't bother reading through the majority of this thread, so if this has already been said, my apologies:

In terms of magick, niether are powerful, but women are still regarded as much lower than men. Seeing as all you're doing is calling on spirits to do your work, you don't really have any actual power. But in all rituals and history of magick, women have always been shown as basically worthless, objects of sexual pleasure.

majour ka

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tenken

Honestly I didn't bother reading through the majority of this thread, so if this has already been said, my apologies:

In terms of magick, niether are powerful, but women are still regarded as much lower than men. Seeing as all you're doing is calling on spirits to do your work, you don't really have any actual power. But in all rituals and history of magick, women have always been shown as basically worthless, objects of sexual pleasure.

Light the flame and stand well back!! [8D]

Nay

LOL!!!  Majour Ka

Tenken, ever hear of the attack of the 50ft woman?...

Nay

Aristoles

who says men love football?
Im a man and i dont like it at all.

Mystic Cloud

In my opinion this whole thread (and attitude of thinking)
is as useless as arguing if a coconut can speak with words.
If we compare us to infinitely small,
that will make us infinitely big,
but if we compare
ourselves to infinitely
big, it will make us infinitely small.
What is our size again?

Aristoles

"You're banging coconuts together!"
"So?"
"Where did you get those?"
"In Mercia."

Sentential

Well I dont think its an issue of power, but occurance. Men by nature are to be "strong" and basicaly insensitive. While women tend to the children and are more caring. Because of this, men discredit the paranormal to the point where almost all psionic activity ceases.

By that nature alone, women are far more likely to become psychic. While men are far rarer. "Mother's intuition" is a great example of this. Women as a whole have a much higher degree of psionics, from the start, however....

Although men rarely devolp the "gift". The ones that do, do so strongly enough to create the illusion that men are stronger. Instead you are simply seeing the cream-of-the-crop.

Now compared side by side, using this criteria. Things change dramatically. The men are equal to the women, but are simply rarer, and are the "cream-of-the-crop", where as women is a mixed bag.