News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Excited to find this forum

Previous topic - Next topic

Windwalker.

Ive experienced sleep paralysis- vibrations since 1978 and it has only recently come to my attention that i can experience obes during these vibrations. I still experience vibrations minus the paralysis to this day. Im anxious to learn more about this phenomenon thru this forum and explore non physical reality. Ive read most of the notable books and also Frank Kepples posts from this forum. I also read Xanths book/pamphlet (thanks!) I plan on buying a float tank this summer with hopes of inducing the ob state easier. Ive always believed the essence of existance is spelled out in the book "Seth Speaks." I wish i had read Monroes books back in 1978 instead of essentially avoiding these weekly vibrations i experience. My goal is to explore the NP at will which im confidant is everybodys goal on this forum. I look forward to guidance from some of the more accomplished obe'ers on this forum. Thanks for reading!

Nameless

Hi Rconrad, welcome to the forum. I'm glad you found us and hope you find what you are looking for. There are a lot of great people here all out exploring.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

EscapeVelocity

Welcome to the Forum Rconrad!

The first 3 Boards have some dark blue 'stickies' that are worthwhile reading material, so be sure to poke around those for awhile. Then, if you have some specific questions or comments, there are plenty of answers, ideas and speculation that can be shared.

I've also had vibrations since the Seventies; it was Monroe's first book that clued me in to what they were. Now I realize that they were possibly one of several 'wake-up calls' or alarms set for me to kick-start my interest in the NP. Thinking back on the 'vibes' makes me realize it was like somebody ringing my doorbell for ten years or so, until I finally noticed and answered the door, Lol!

Happy travels!
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Volgerle

Welcome and have some fun around here!
:-)

Windwalker.

Quote from: EscapeVelocity on March 09, 2018, 08:57:39

The first 3 Boards have some dark blue 'stickies' that are worthwhile reading material, so be sure to poke around those for awhile. Then, if you have some specific questions or comments, there are plenty of answers, ideas and speculation that can be shared.

I've also had vibrations since the Seventies; it was Monroe's first book that clued me in to what they were. Now I realize that they were possibly one of several 'wake-up calls' or alarms set for me to kick-start my interest in the NP. Thinking back on the 'vibes' makes me realize it was like somebody ringing my doorbell for ten years or so, until I finally noticed and answered the door, Lol!

Happy travels!

I hope i dont sound ignorant but what do you mean by the "first three boards?" Thanks!

Windwalker.

Quote from: EscapeVelocity on March 09, 2018, 08:57:39

Happy travels!

Thanks EV. We must be close in age. Im 59. I sooooo wish id of read  Monroe decades ago as you say you did.Ive always thought i had a weird sleep disorder that was to be avoided even though i did have some bizzare obes that i chalked up as "dreams."  So a quick question. Do you exprience npr usually through vibrations or the phase methods? Probably both but which is your main go to method? Are you able to consciously make the vibes appear? How often do you have vibrations? Its great relating with like minded people because most people believe this phenomenon is crazy. Thanks!

EscapeVelocity

You are welcome! Yeah, 56 here.

The website is divided into 14 Boards or areas of discussion. At the top of each Board are dark blue highlighted Threads (Stickies) that were found to be worth keeping at the top of each Board's first page. You will find various techniques and interesting conceptual discussions here. Recommended reading!

Vibrations- Monroe's first book gives a god-awfully confusing technique for raising them but I did manage to do it twice, and the vibes were so rough and 'out of tune' that I thought every atom in my body was going to break apart! Scared the crap out of me! But also proved that my suspicions about PR might be on to something, that it wasn't necessarily what it appeared to be. After that, for me at least, the vibes only came sporadically, usually in the middle of the night and sometimes I could take advantage of them, raising the pitch until I could float out, and sometimes not. Over the last several years, I will notice them 3 or 4 times a year. Sometimes they are strong enough to work with and other times they are so soft as to be just an acknowledging warmth, like an old friend saying hello in passing.

My exit technique has always been somewhat dependent on what circumstances I am in; what if any, exit signs or symptoms are available. If I have bed spins or mind-swaying or floaty feelings, I will attempt an etheric exit. If I am experiencing Hypnogogia, I will follow that sequence into a visualization and a Phasing exit. If it's early morning and I am still on the verge of sleep and I notice colors behind my closed eyes then I will 'passively observe' them and look/feel for a portal exit. For most of the last 2 years, I have simply become aware within Lucid Dreams and followed the course of whatever activity was being presented. I am not one who can come home and relax deeply enough into trance to get to an exit point; my mind has always been difficult to shut down; takes me nearly two hours to fall asleep, then I wake up at the slightest non-ordinary sound.

As far as relating to people about this, there just are not that many of us. That makes this Forum so valuable in what we all can learn and share!

Glad to have you here!
EV

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Windwalker.

Thanks for taking the time to reply EV! Really appreciate it. My vibrations happen quite frequently and now that i know their potential they occur even more often because rather than ignore and avoid them i am always on the lookout for their markers to induce them more frequently. I have them during dreams as well which im hoping to be able to project from the dream to see what focus that leads me into. Im supposing Frank Kepples focus 3 maybe? Also-when vibrations do occur i never really try to "sweep them up and down" ala Monroe because they seem to have their own intent, which i trust in, so i simply thoughtlessly relax as much as possible. Just a few months ago during vibrations i heard a beautiful female voice say "let go" which i suspect was my cue i wasnt relaxing enough. During vibrations-usually within 30ish seconds i began to see thru my eyelids which i now know is my time to attempt projection. Lately ive been pulling my head out with my arms which seems to be working. Once my head is out my body seems to follow easily. I need to attemt the phasing techniques without relying solely on vibrations,  yet even when i do attempt the myriad techniques i always still have the vibrations. For instance you mention stepping into hypnagogic imagery. Ive done that as well but when the imagery turned 3d motion picture like my vibrations started before i stepped into it. So hopefully i can phase without the aid of the vibrations eventually. Even though i am a newbie at projecting i am very familiar with these vibrations which i am so grateful for.  This entire phenomenon seems to match up nicely with the "Seth" material which i totally believe in. Ok E. Have a great day and thanks again for the reply!