News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Good place to start ...

Previous topic - Next topic

eninrebmun

So hi, I feel I am a bit of a born again noob  - male, aged 37.

So how to make this short ?.. fat chance.
It started with the electric fence whoosh whoosh we all know and love, when I was a kid. No Internet in those days to find out what the hell it was, so I just sort of ignored it, though it kinda freaked me out at times ... I found I could just wiggle a toe and was able to move again. Not being able to move was a little frightening.

In high school I ran across the term astral projection, grabbed some books (from my Mom) and recognized the "vibrations" as Monroe put it as what I had happen many times in the past.  I started working on the whole thing, and got pretty good. Usually was just content to shift a little bit above and just relax off to sleep. I went through all the spiritual questions etc. Decided God didn't exist, though I still had a spiritual side to me. Though I saw no evidence for a God I did know what I had been experiencing.

Got a bit older, graduated school ... moved to the "big city" to experiment with life. Naturally drugs became part of it. I spent pretty much 2 years straight on any mind altering substance I could get my hands on ... psychedelics in particular.  I found this class of chemicals very interesting, because it gave me instant feelings that it used to take hours to get meditating. AP in particular was easy. I could even project while walking down the street ... the lines between physical and other were greatly blurred. I could project and still be concious in my body, like flying my astral around like a kite ... pull other people to me when they were asleep, and have them give me perfectly detailed accounts of what happened later. Friends around me would see things like "the purple paisley monster", as one put it, totally engulf me as I would lay back to go on a little traveling trip ... and a bluish butterfly version of me would jump out of the "monster" and zip through the ceiling. I assume those sorts of drugs made people very sensitive to the energies around, and this purple paisley monster was just a huge surge of my own energy ... aura maybe.

Well that went on a while - and for many reasons I just decided I was done looking at that part of my head ... so I stopped all chemicals, and just did the standard mundane work for a living thing we all have to do eventually. I would still get the occasional spontaneous AP, but by and large it tapered off quickly. I will say the quality of the natural projections were FAR superior to the ones I got while using chemicals. Both in clarity and control. AS I got older, I became more and more of a sceptic. Anything science couldn't explain was crap. But I know for a fact, and still know that drugs or not, all my AP experiences are and were  REAL. This of course puts a nice little mixed up feeling in my usually ordered brain. So I figure it's one of the many things science will be able someday ;-)

So here I am at 37. Doing well by all typical and expected standards, but the AP thing is far from finished in my head. I still get woken up with the "catatonic vibrations" and sometimes I get out when it happens ... but it's become more rare. I've since read of a thing called sleep paralysis. Same thing exactly, but no matter ... we all know what it really is.

I am thinking a couple things ... one. Drugs are not the way to do this properly. (no, I am not here to preach, first hand info - take it for what it's worth) and 2 ... my getting older and more skeptical is making the AP thing harder and harder lately ... not to mention the pressures of being an "adult" (still a strange concept me ... but I guess I am one)

I am hoping hanging around you people might keep it in the back of my mind more. I know I can still do it ... I just want the control and clarity I had when I ws younger ...

Thanks for listening ...
-number nine

Frank

Hi:

An interesting story. Thanks for sharing it and welcome to the forum. Hope you like it here.

Yours,
Frank

Selski

hello numbernine

Great name - my favourite number is nine.

Nice story - I enjoyed reading it.  The "adult" thing is a bit strange isn't?  I'm 36, going on 17!  Never really felt grown up, and I don't think I ever will.

Anyhow, good to meet you and hope you enjoy your stay.

Sarah
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

RTCovenant

Hey welcome to the forums.

That is amazing, I've never heard of an body being able to astral project while walking down the street.
"There are three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not."

eninrebmun

Thanks for the kind greetings ...

I plan to lurk a lot, but might still pop up with some actual input once in a while  :)

RTCovenant ... there is no way I could pull off the project while walking thing these days ... I just chalk that up to wildly insane amounts of hallucinogens ... (but I still know it really happened) - I was just at the point where I could transfer consciousness back and forth while "out" even having it in both locations at once. Like the Kite Flying thing ... pretty strange days. I don't regret them, but I'd never go there again  :D