News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Goodbye, all

Previous topic - Next topic

CFTraveler

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_2012_and_the_transition_of_the_ages/countdown_thread-t36004.0.html;msg306223#msg306223

I don't know who locked the thread where Rudolph spoke to me like a child, scolded me and then proceeded to  give figures that are not factual to where I live, and I was not given the chance to reply with actual facts and figures.
First, the average salary for a teacher is in the forty thousands, and teachers (at least in my county) do not get vacation pay.  They're off for three months, unpaid, and most have to bring their own supplies to the classroom for the kids that can't afford them.  In the public elementary school the average salary is in the twenties, I know because I was a teacher in the system and I know many teachers that teach at the elementary school level.  If you want to make more money, you have to work at a private school, and there all bets are off.

http://blogs.tcpalm.com/eve_samples/2011/02/teacher-pay-in-florida-is-racing-to-the-bottom.html

Second,  my state is a voucher state, and this helps no one,  because in my area there are not enough private schools to accommodate all the kids that have good grades- and the money is not going to 'greedy teachers' yada yada- it's going to beautifying the amazing buildings the Dept. of Education has built for themselves, leaving nothing to the teachers and students, like the infamous "Taj Majal", in WPB, known for it's opulence with more offices than people to fill them.

I am done having to consider being pounced on every time I make a remark regarding social issues, because Rudolph has no idea what respect is- to him respect is not something that he extends to people he doesn't agree with, becasue he immediately labels them and then it's open season, he has even stated that people he doesn't agree with (i.e. whoever he has labeled Democrat or 'Left') 'are to be destroyed'.  If this person is allowed to treat people with open contempt and applauded when he manages to use civility, this is not the place I want to spend time in.  It's not worth my time.
Thank you mods for what you do here most of the time, but for now, I'm gone.

BlueHalcyon

Damn.

Sad to see you go, but you got your reasons.  :|

Good luck, we'll miss you.  :-)
"Practice yourself, for heaven's sake, in little things, and thence proceed to greater."

Rudolph

Quote from: CFTraveler on May 07, 2012, 12:46:38
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_2012_and_the_transition_of_the_ages/countdown_thread-t36004.0.html;msg306223#msg306223

I am done having to consider being pounced on every time I make a remark regarding social issues, because Rudolph has no idea what respect is- to him respect is not something that he extends to people he doesn't agree with, becasue he immediately labels them and then it's open season, he has even stated that people he doesn't agree with (i.e. whoever he has labeled Democrat or 'Left') 'are to be destroyed'.  If this person is allowed to treat people with open contempt and applauded when he manages to use civility, this is not the place I want to spend time in.  It's not worth my time.
Thank you mods for what you do here most of the time, but for now, I'm gone.

This is a plain flat out FALSE ACCUSATION. I have gotten used to this from you CFT. I never said, "that people he doesn't agree with (i.e. whoever he has labeled Democrat or 'Left') 'are to be destroyed'."
I said I wanted to see the Democrat Party destroyed. There is a BIG difference there. This is a classic example of the lies and deception that I get from the Left on a continuous basis.

*That* is a huge error on your part and you owe me an apology.

CFT, I did not "pounce" on you and nothing that I said was disrespectful. (which is why you did not quote me on anything to back up these false accusations.)

You said, "The political system decided to take funding from the schools to give them to the internet learning companies. "
and I said, "The political system did not take funding from the schools. They are presently enjoying the highest level of funding in the public school system history. "

There is NOTHING Disrespectful there.
But I have noticed over the years that Leftists often interpret disagreement as disrespect and fact based refutation is taken as an insult even though it is no such thing.

This is where I got my salary estimates - note that I mentioned 4th grade and college teachers;
(all you had to do was ask)

"    The Pay Scale website reports that, as of 2010, K-12 teachers made an average of $34,672 to $57,657. Specific averages depend on what level the teacher oversees, however. Kindergarten teachers have an average salary of $50,380 based on 2009 data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). Their salaries may range between $31,320 and $75,210. Elementary teachers earn $53,150 on average, with a salary range of $33,830 to $78,720. Middle school teachers have an average salary of $53,550 but may earn anywhere between $34,360 and $79,200. Secondary teachers make the most of K-12 teachers. They earn $55,150 per year, with a range of $34,600 to $82,000.

Post-Secondary Teachers (Professors)

The BLS lists data for post-secondary teacher salaries from a 2008 to 2009, according to a survey conducted by the American Association of University Professors. The survey shows that university instructors make $45,977, lecturers earn $52,436, assistant professors have an average wage of $63,827, and associate professors earn $76,147. Regular full-time professors earn $108,749 on average. The average for all full-time professors is $79,439. Those in private independent institutions make more than those in public or religiously-affiliated universities, as do those who work at 4-year facilities instead of 2-year facilities.

Read more: The Average Teacher Salary in the USA | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/info_7755994_average-teacher-salary-usa.html#ixzz1uD41WBJ0

And apparently the claim that Florida is on a voucher system right now is a little misleading;

"Expanded school voucher plan advances in Florida Senate
Education savings account proposal gets favorable vote"
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2011-04-14/features/os-vouchers-school-savings-accounts-20110414_1_education-savings-voucher-program-separate-private-systems

So only a very small and limited test program is underway and expansions of the voucher idea is still in the house and Senate in debates to come up with something that will pass the State Court System in Florida;

"The Florida Supreme Court struck down a statewide voucher system Thursday that allowed children to attend private schools at taxpayer expense — a program Gov. Jeb Bush considered one of his proudest achievements.

Source: redOrbit (http://s.tt/16rfi)

The entire Dept of Education must be abolished, all schools privatized and FULL VOUCHER implementation must replace that present disaster of a system. I say the problems will then begin resolving themselves quickly in natural fashion. The present half-ashed approach is a joke destined to fail.
Beware the fake "seeker" who finds Truth to be abusive.

Greytraveller

Greetings CFT
This is Very shocking news and I am deeply distressed. You are one of the rock solid cores of Astral Pulse and it will be a disaster if you leave. You are obviously Very passionate about education and rightly so. It's just a Big shame that an issue Not related to OBEs, APs, dreams and other spiritual phenomena is driving you away. Perhaps if you take some time off from these forums you might reconsider.
If you Do go then I will continue to stay in touch with you via AstralDynamics and other sites.

Sincerely  8-)
Grey

Killa Rican

I really hope you reconsider this. Your one of the people I looked up to when I was just a newbie back in 2007. =\ Good Luck in life..
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice. ~Joseph Dunninger

mon9999

People come and go  :-(

Stillwater

Extremely sorry to see you go... you should think about coming back after you feel better later!
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

NoY

Szaxx

You're an inspirational to many on here.
At least have second thoughts.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Lionheart

You will be sorely missed here CFTraveller. I have a lot of respect for you and your opines. Hopefully you reconsider.
  :-(

todd421757

Cftraveler,

I reread Rudolph's post. There is nothing in it that could be considered an attack. He was just stating his facts he found which may differ from your facts. I hope you reconsider coming back.

Ident

I might suggest that Astral Pulse consider a policy of having a complete moratorium on political topics. They never either educate anyone nor end in anything but tears.

Adios, CFTraveller. Fare thee well.

Xanth

*RYAN SMASH!!!*   :cry:

personalreality

seriously CFT?  I just came back today.  I was looking forward to getting into it with you, lol.

i won't antagonize...oh wait, yes i will because that's what i do.

rudolph might have been stating facts or whatever, and CFT might get defensive sometimes, but to be honest rudolph has started plenty of crap around here and CFT usually just tries to help.  but whatever.  i have no idea what this about and i don't really care.  rudy, i'm not attacking, just stating some facts i've observed over the time i've known you on the pulse, so don't take offense please. 

the point though is that CFT will be missed.  I'm sad that things on the pulse have changed in some ways.  i miss when stookie was mod (no offense ryan, you took the job over well, even if in a dictatorial manner...lol, you gotta admit, it was a little rough in the beginning when you started.  you had to wrangle some people when you were pretty much the only person to do the job). 

anyway CFT, i would think that you wouldn't leave over rudolph tinkling you off, but then even when i was here a year ago i could tell that you were becoming disenchanted with the pulse.  i kind of saw this coming.  surprised it took so long.  sad to see you go.  i'll miss you.
be awesome.

SuperManny

Wow, I'm very shocked and extremely saddened by this development! :cry:

I know I don't post much, but I've been here a long time and I always looked forward to reading CFTs posts. So if it's really come down to this can't we just let Rudolf go so CFT will say?? She's been here longer and has contributed much more to this forum...

It's just so very sad that the forum has devolved to this silly bickering and cost us one of what I've long considered one of its most valuable members... very sad...

Rudolph

Quote from: personalreality on May 07, 2012, 23:48:26
rudolph might have been stating facts or whatever, and CFT might get defensive sometimes, but to be honest rudolph has started plenty of crap around here and CFT usually just tries to help.  but whatever.  i have no idea what this about and i don't really care.  rudy, i'm not attacking, just stating some facts i've observed over the time i've known you on the pulse, so don't take offense please

Hi Personalreality and welcome back.
Just for the record, I generally do not start the "crap". It appears that way to those who are used to just letting destructive and false political rhetoric or blatant anti-Catholic lies, bigotry and hate-speech go unchallenged.
It was quite a shock for those so used to seeing such negative dialogue go unchallenged for so long to suddenly see someone actually have the guts to stand up and say, "wait a minute... that's not true". Even worse, having the the temerity to present facts to back it up! as well! - what an ingrate!

So now,someone stands up and falsely points the accusing finger at me in a very loud and personal way and makes a dark, insulting false accusation against me over an imagined misinterpretation of something I never came close to saying (which it appears most admit, so far) sprinkled liberally with more misinformation and disinformation...
and now *I* am the bad guy for standing up and defending myself against a bald faced lie?!

what the frik is going on here?!

??

?

personalreality

are you serious?

this is a place for people to share opinions and beliefs.  there are no such things as wrong opinions or wrong beliefs.  look at my screen name, PERSONAL REALITY.  that's the only truth there is, your one personal subjective reality.  you come here and believe you are teaching these people, these people who are just seeking their own truth, what the truth really is.  i don't argue with your truth because it is your truth.  but you have no compassion.  you are a brute.  your tactics are no better than a fascist, telling others that they are miserable creatures.  you are free to share your beliefs, but you lack respect and honor for the freedom others have to their beliefs.  who cares if they don't know the statistics.  statistics aren't facts, they are relationships.  but you neglect that key word, relationship.  we are all humans trying to answer the call in the back of our minds screaming that there is something more to this reality than the numbers.  you ignore that in the pursuit of your personal power, which is the easiest trap to succumb to on this journey.

how dare you speak of what's right and wrong.  who the f are you do make such declarations?  you're just as blind as the people you want to save.  only their blindness is something they are striving to overcome, to see the truth of their own life.  you are the worst kind of sheep.  you have learned your beliefs and are unwilling to look inside and consider what else is there.  the universe is not only bigger than you imagine, it's bigger than you can imagine.  take a look in the mirror and realize that you want to know yourself as much as we do, otherwise you wouldn't be here.  unless of course you're just a disinformation troll, maybe cia sent here to stop the impending spiritual awakening of good people.  there is only one truth that i've come to learn to be real and that truth is life.  your life is your's and your's alone.  no one can rule you.  i've been gone for a year and when i come back what do i find?  that rudolph is still involved in all the trouble.  i won't say you start things, yet somehow you're always involved.  to be honest, i don't know why moderation has let you stay here this long. 

take your self-righteousness, your facts, your tyranny and really look at who you are.  you're a beautifully passionate person and i respect that, but you don't respect anyone or anything but your learned beliefs.  just don't be a jerk about it.  that's all there is too it.  show some fricken empathy sometimes.
be awesome.

Ident

What the futz is an imagined misinterpretation?

Please let it drop, Rudolph. You've made your points and I, for one, would struggle to find myself caring less whether they are true. Most of us are here to lament the loss of CTF, not run a post-mortem on her comments or final disagreement.

Rudolph

Quote from: personalreality on May 08, 2012, 13:57:22
are you serious?
this is a place for people to share opinions and beliefs.   i've been gone for a year and when i come back what do i find?  that rudolph is still involved in all the trouble.  i won't say you start things, yet somehow you're always involved.  to be honest, i don't know why moderation has let you stay here this long. 

take your self-righteousness, your facts, your tyranny and really look at who you are.  you're a beautifully passionate person and i respect that, but you don't respect anyone or anything but your learned beliefs.  just don't be a jerk about it.  that's all there is too it.  show some fricken empathy sometimes.

PR, I have never given anyone grief over an opinion or a belief.

I do correct destructive lies, bigotry and hate-speech (how many times do I have to say it?)
I do often correct just plain flat out wrong claims on the order of 2+2=5 {that really is wrong - not everything is a matter of opinion} especially when the claim is made to justify stealing from me.

I respect all here way more than you and many others here respect me and my right to my differing opinion as well as my right to correct the lies of bigotry and hate speech toward my family religion, with facts. (Yes, there really is such a thing as facts -- this bogus idea about "my truth may not be your truth" was made up by people who don't like it when their deceptions and deep denial fantasies are revealed, imho :)

What sort of "fricken empathy" am I supposed to show someone who quits a Forum in a huff over an imagined insult that never happened?... and made a lying insult toward me on the way out the door?

I realize that person may have been here much longer than I have but, does that diminish her requirement to follow Forum Rules while establishing new and even more restricting ones for me? (double secret probation?).

I do understand that my modus operandi is particularly nauseating to the more naturally deceptive sorts of extreme Leftists and anti-Catholic bigots... I can live with that. But apparently many among those ranks can't live with a traditional Conservative around. They can't stand being in the same room with one. The discomfort at knowing that their regular habit of spouting certain types of disinformation might be challenged and disrupted is just too upsetting for them.

There is a big lesson for extreme Leftists and anti-Catholic bigots here. Can they learn how to be tolerant toward someone who disagrees with them politically and corrects errors of FACT now and then? Is it okay for someone to disagree and supply facts on why they disagree? Or are you the type who must blow a gasket and complain to the moderators because someone had the audacity to disagree with you?

Can you learn how to handle disagreement in mature fashion and coolly confront compelling justification for a different conclusion?

?

NoY

Rudolph

Quote from: Ident on May 08, 2012, 14:44:45
What the futz is an imagined misinterpretation?

Please let it drop, Rudolph. You've made your points and I, for one, would struggle to find myself caring less whether they are true. Most of us are here to lament the loss of CTF, not run a post-mortem on her comments or final disagreement.

Hi Ident, the "imagined misinterpretation" would be the exact quote I provided indicating the insulting insinuation about, "he has even stated that people he doesn't agree with (i.e. whoever he has labeled Democrat or 'Left') 'are to be destroyed'.". (I was speaking about the Democrat Party - along with the Libertarian Party vs Republican Party two party system that would remain)... and also her misunderstanding about, "Rudolph spoke to me like a child, scolded me and then proceeded to  give figures that are not factual to where I live". [NOTHING like that happened... not even close].

I would be happy to let this drop if folks would stop bringing up points that I am inclined to reply to.

I can understand you not caring less. And I have not suggested you should care one way or the other. But you were not the one she openly attacked and insulted on the way out the door so that is understandable.
And I am replying here because you directly put a question to me.

You know... she could have have quietly exited with PM's to her friends and all could grieve similarly in PMs... but no... She was the one who made a big melodramatic show out of it.

Stillwater

Rudolph, the issue here is no longer left/right, politics in general, or what is tolerated in which societies. I have been trying to get through the concept that this has escalated into a situation that is more about respecting other's as people. The discussion we were having was appropriate in the countdown thread (yes, I know that one is now closed). It is not appropriate here- the topic was CFT's resignation. It is not decorous to maintain the same direction of thoughts after CFT bowed out of the arguement and said she was too upset to continue.

Was she wrong, was she right? That is beside the point right now. You have to know when it is time to stop. I am mostly ok with your arguments, but there is a time for everything.

This is not about me defending a leftist or a bigot, or someone who disrespected you. This is me asking you to stop when it is sensible to do so.
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

Rudolph

Quote from: Stillwater on May 08, 2012, 16:48:20
It is not decorous to maintain the same direction of thoughts after CFT bowed out of the arguement and said she was too upset to continue.

Was she wrong, was she right? That is beside the point right now. You have to know when it is time to stop. I am mostly ok with your arguments, but there is a time for everything.

This is not about me defending a leftist or a bigot, or someone who disrespected you. This is me asking you to stop when it is sensible to do so.

Then, as moderator, perhaps you could acknowledge my valid observations about her choices about the manner in which she exited.
It is NOT REASONABLE to expect me to just take that stream of falsehoods from her to and about me on the way out the door. Ohhhh, the poor thing.... "she was too upset to continue" after she rolled a few grenades into a public room and then bolted for the exits. That is so lame. I already explained this. She could have kept it private but she made it very public and very MELODRAMATIC.

Also, please keep this in perspective, I have not been replying to CFT points but to PR, Ident, Supermanny...
Just as a matter of courtesy.

Just stop hitting me with questions about the matter or making one-sided observations about the whole thing and I will stop replying. It is that simple.

zareste

So she was disposable?

Xanth

This is over... in more ways than one.

Sorry Stillwater, but I have to post this:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0la5DBtOVNI
Because it kind of fits the situation nicely and I think we need a little levity here.  ;)