News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

GREETINGS

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEBEN

just a few words of intro .became interested a few months ago when i listened to a cd i downloaded from bear share and now iam hooked ive read a few books and visited a few web sites and found them very interesting.so i had a few trys at astral projection using a relaxation method but when i feel as if i am going to split my heart starts to race and i get a shortness of breath is this safe :?: i then loose the thread and am back at square one but i will keep on trying and hope for the best.sorry about blabbing on :wink: COOL SITE

Eol007

Hi Blueben,

Welcome to the forum. The symptoms you experienced are very common and usually due to energy center activity and not a racing heart etc. A good test is to actually measure your heart beat - you will see that  it is most likely at a resting rate between 60-90 beats per min... but may actually be little lower.

Similarly the throat center can make one feel a shortness of breath or mild to moderate gagging sensations. These will dissipate as your practice becomes more regular. For myself sometimes this type of discomfort comes back if I have been working on the higher centers, but on the whole they don't bother me too much. Some people find a need to swallow... if you do then do.. why gag!

e.g. Although this is for a different objective - I have seen trance mediumship tutors advice their students to avoid clearing the throat for spoken trance development. I feel this is wrong -  as why should one suffer discomfort! In the end run the energy center or chakra will develop at its own pace regardless - so why make things hard for oneself!

You are doing well - take your time and your practice will become all the more easier!

Best,

Stephen

BLUEBEN

thanks for the welcome and the advice it seems iam closer than i thought :D

Nick

Hi,

Welcome to the Astral Pulse forums, Blueben!  :)  Let us know about that website, and bear share.

Also, take a look at some of our threads in the OBE/AP area of the forum for some tips. Robert Bruce and Brian Mercer maintain a subforum here on OBE/AP and their book on Mastering Astral Projection which you might like checking out too.

All the best,
Nick
"What lies before us, and what lies behind us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us...." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

BLUEBEN

bearshare.com is just a download site for free music ,ebooks and just about anything you can put on a cd thats posted by members its also free to join the sites i looked at are on line are on line astral projection ,simple spirit,astral dynamics and the astral society , iam sure most people have been to these at one time or another .
thank for the welcome
regards steve