News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Hello everybody!

Previous topic - Next topic

nimsay

Hi guys!

So i've had a fleeting moment with attempting AP back when I was 15, but freaked myself out with sensations and feelings I didn't quite understand. I literally skimmed the how to's and jumped in head first.

Now i've decided to give this a thorough approach and explore everything I have felt since then (i'm now 22!!)

My dream recall has been abysmal since trying to approach a stronger awareness, but my biggest problem is SP. I accidently "wake" up during this period without intention and without fail forget whats happening and start thrashing about, making the lead blanket feeling so much more of a burden. I've hallucinated flying carrots (yeah I know) sounds, buzzing, and the presence of others in the room. The latter makes me more agitated and give up and slip back into unconciousness.

Another thing i'm worried about is vibrations... I can lose myself in a trance and start to feel my body vibrate ranging from a soft buzz to an overwhelming intensity that I instantly snap myself out of because I am terrified. But lately, while being fully awake I would feel this same feeling, on every inch of my body and I instantly feel myself dissolving away, losing my sense to feel anything, more importantly myself. There is a significant friction in the air with the slightest movement..

If anyone knows what this could be i'd so grateful to hear your thoughts, as I wouldn't know the correct place to put such a topic!

Just a sidenote, the electrying feeling I felt, was when I was lying in a sort of childs position on top of my boyfriend while he was meditating/in a trance.. My eyes were open and relaxed, but as the feeling washed over my vision became blurred, and unable to focus on any lines. I suffer from anxiety so I don't know if this could be related, but it's never happened before!

Bedeekin

Welcome Nimsay with the retired septum..  :wink:

I actually wrote up an article about SP just for peeps like yourself...

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/sleep_paralysis_the_whats_whys_and_wherefores-t38734.0.html

I know how rotten it feels and it can encroach into your physical state if you are relaxed in any way.

Adrenaline that is released as soon as you feel weird contributes to the violent buzzing. It literally is electricity that you are experiencing.

Anyway... give the article a read and don't hesitate to ask any questions. :)

nimsay

Thank you Bedeekin!

I read that article before joining, definitley cleared up a few pointers for me :)

You say it's adrenaline, but I was totally serene beforehand and it washed over me in less than a second, I had no time to compute what was going on and even asked my boyfriend "What's happening?" because I thought he could feel it too! I'm so confused as to what i'm feeling right now ...

Bedeekin

Anxiety attacks are exactly that... a sudden rush adrenaline.

Did you get a rush of energy coursing through you that made you feel breathless and your heart started to thump madly... and all you could do was panic?

Suffering from anxiety is one thing... but a full blown anxiety attack comes out of nowhere and can be triggered by unconscious thoughts.

Lionheart

Hello Nimsay and Welcome to the Astral Pulse!  :-)
The hardest part of projecting through SP is realizing that this is what is happening, especially when you are awakening to it in the pitch dark with all the sounds and sensations that come with it. Fear usually takes over before the realization of what is really happening. This is why getting to this state as much as you can leads to successful journeys.
Good Luck and Safe Travels!  :-)

nimsay

@Bedeekin, to be completely honest with you, the sensation was resonant of a really bad trip I had 5 years ago, and the feeling lasted 3 days so just being reminded of the experience made me freak out even further. So it's an accumulation of things!

But yeah I felt quite breathless and all my body thinks to do is panic!!

@Lionheart, thank you, hello! :)
I totally agree with you, immersing myself in the experience to feel comfortable is the only way I can overcome this! I never have the intention of any activity the times SP occurs, and usually takes me by surprise.

Greytraveller

Greetings nimsay
Actually both sleep paralysis and vibrations are Positive signs that an OBE is possible and may even be imminent. In addition to Bedeekin's excellant article you should be able to find other info on OBEs throughout the forums here.

Regards 8-)
Grey

TheEnergeticSeer

Hey Nimsay,
The first thing I would look at is whether or not you find yourself centered during these episodes, my guess would be probably not, but if you find yourself panicking it's usually a sign, amongst many others, that you've pulled your center into your head instead of letting it rest below the navel. If you find its difficult to get back into your center yourself then try having your boyfriend embody his physicality as best he can and then touch your center. If he can do this properly he may be able to cue you back into your own center. But I have to say that it does sound like what you're experiencing is probably a combination of energetic awakening and astral travel, but the experience of suddenly not being restricted by your body can be disorienting to say the least, I've been there myself. In short if I were you I'd use my breath to relax when this begins to happen and then just pay attention, but if it frightens you remember you can always tell it to stop. Good luck hope this leads you somewhere fun!

nimsay

@TheEnergeticSeer

Thanks for the heads up! :-D