News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Hello People of the Pulse

Previous topic - Next topic

Buggz

What's up guys,
I'm not really new here, i've been reading every single post for almost a year now.Hats off to the community for providing great info about... Life I guess.

To tell you more about myself, I'm 22 Years Old, Born Muslim, living in France.
I haven't been able to phase yet, but I didn't try that hard either, i'm confident I will eventually.
I don't meditate everyday, but I do a " Mind Clearing " session (Which really just an attempt at phasing, at least that's my intention)  almost everyday before I sleep.

I also have a problem : I've been addicted to Cannabis for 3 years now, smoking between 3 to 8 Joints a day. And I feel this is one of the main reasons I cannot get myself to enter the astral world ( Not really based on facts or scientific proof, I just feel it ) .Oh and Also, I had the ability to have a few lucid dreams when I was younger, That's gone too.
So, I quit today.
For the sake of my astral body, and my personal enlightenment. ( I was planning to start a journal about overcoming my addiction here but I don't think that's the right forum for it)

Happy to be here, hopefully I can get where I'd like to be with your help.

Cheers

Bedeekin

Hey hey Buggz!!  :-)

I have news for you Buggz... and it's really really cool news. This is based on personal experience and what I have learned from friends and circles...

*****YOU AREN'T ADDICTED TO CANNABIS!!!*****

I promise.  :-D

You are right about it inhibiting your APing though.

The other really great news is that when you quit it.. (and there's no need to just totally stop it... just have it at weekends or something) your dreams will flood back like they had a gate holding them back and they've been building up.

Buggz

Thanks for the kind words Bedeekin ! ( & The awesome news, i'm pretty skeptic about it but i'm just gonna go ahead and believe you :-D )

QuoteYou are right about it inhibiting your APing though.

I couldn't find anything to prove this as i said it was just a " strong " feeling, Maybe you have more info/experiences about this ?

Cheers

Bedeekin

Yes... totally.

I used to smoke a lot.

Because I was already APing from the age of 11 and had my first joint when I was 17 I realised that if I got stoned on a night... it totally ruined it all for me. It depressed me because I was experiencing between 4 - 5 times a week previous.. and as I smoked more it reduced until I was hardly OOBEing at all. I worked out that if I kept it to a weekend thing I was ok and began getting back to 'normal'. It inhibits dreaming. I'm not too sure why.

It maybe because it chemically changes the brain or it may simply be because of the short term memory thing but it... erm... It might... arm... poo!!

Anyway.. you will notice the difference. Trust me. :)

Astralzombie

Welcome Buggz. Let me tell you that being able to have OOBE's when you try is worth giving up a lot for. So if your ready, you should find some motivation in that.

Why the motivation to finally register? Doesn't matter, I guess but glad you did.

Keep exploring.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Buggz

QuoteWhy the motivation to finally register?

Goes with the motivation to quit bad habits and start new fresh ones, my registration on the pulse is one of those new habits !

Thanks for the support guys, As weird as this may sound, I'm not having a hard time not smoking today... Could this be the bedeekin effect ?  :-D

See you guys on the forums ;)

ChopstickFox

hehe, the Bedeekin effect! xD Sounds like a movie?

Welcome and good for you making such a decision! Have fun!
Take to the sky, feeling so alive! Past the clouds to the Milky Way, share our secrets with the starry brigade. The stars surround us like a million fireflies. For once I see infinity... it's in your eyes.

Astralzombie

Hey  Bugzz. Just wanted to see how you slept your first night with no pot. It's only been about 16 hrs since you're post but due to the time difference, I'm sure you slept at some point. Anyways, success at phasing might not come quickly but progress is made every minute of every day.

The same is true about not wanting to smoke. Only you know if it is truly a problem for you to smoke occasionally but I agree with Beedeekin and say weekends should be no problem. Pot wouldn't even be a "gateway" drug if it's true properties weren't lied about.

The problem with lying about it is that when young teens finally try it and realize their life isn't over, they wonder what other drugs have been lied about.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Buggz

Hey  Bugzz. Just wanted to see how you slept your first night with no pot. It's only been about 16 hrs since you're post but due to the time difference, I'm sure you slept at some point.

I did sleep at some point, 5 AM to be precise. Got in bed at 01AM , but couldn't sleep.
I did expect it though, so no big deal.The only problem that surfaced is the fact that I can't eat much, except for fruits.

QuoteAnyways, success at phasing might not come quickly but progress is made every minute of every day.

I do realize that, and I tought I'd start by getting back my lucid dreaming abilities  first, then go from there to phasing.

Bedeekin

The 'Bedeekin effect' eh?  :lol:

I got around the sleeping thing by setting an alarm that woke me earlier than I would have got up. This would make you aptly tired the next day.

The nice thing is that with no weed comes slightly more motivation to be more proactive about stuff that you want to do. Maybe you are an artist or a musician... I don't know. One thing that doesn't work so well when trying to get 'tired' is playing stimulating console games... or sitting at your computer; these are the best waker-uppers in the world. 

It's difficult to get to sleep without the 'meds'... I know that.  :-)

The more you mess around with your sleeping pattern the more chance you have of stumbling into a good conscious REM session.

Do you work or go to college?

Astralzombie

I'm really glad to hear that your still doing the right thing for yourself. I know you're not trying to kick heroin or anything like that but, those other drugs aren't your problem and your facing the one that is.

Back when I was sheep and still a Christian, I used to council young teens about the dangers of smoking "the reefer". The material that I was required to go over with the group was total and complete horse manure.

Anyways, I would suggest that when you start asking questions about OOBE's and such, I think it would be a good idea to at least once a day tell us that...hey, by the way, It's been three days since I last smoked or something to that effect.

I know it sounds corny but it really is a good motivator because you begin to feel as if you are letting us down if you relapse. Believe me, you're not letting us down if you slip but it can help to tell us because we are all here to help each other. This forum is full of some kind and genuine people who really do take a sincere interest in helping our fellow members.

This is just a side note and I don't even know if you'll find anything in the older posts that may seem insensitive towards Islam but if you do, just know that we kid around about every form of organized religion.

Hey, one last thing. I'm curious to know what your religion has to say about APing and other OOBE's. When I was still a Christian, I was told to pack a lot of sun screen for my last vacation.

Well good luck and keep exploring.
Mark Twain

Greytraveller

Greetings Buggz
Quitting Any addicting substance can be hard but I know that you can do it! One day at a time.

Good luck  8-)
Grey

Contenteo

Hey Buggz!

Welcome to the more social side of the party.

Never underestimate the power of a physical journal and writing to yourself. Definition of mental intent is some pretty powerful stuff as I am sure you have read about. This is even more so when you can write affirmations to yourself.

If you think it is an addiction, getting those endorphin into your brain from other sources such as running is always an option.

Best on all your Journies!

Cheers,
Contenteo