News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Hey, a bit about me

Previous topic - Next topic

Xroadspedestrian

Hi,

I'm a 26 year old male from the Eastern United States. I've always had an interest in OBE's ever since I was about 15 years old. As of now, I have never had a consciously induced OBE. I did have a semi-conscious OBE that manifested from a lucid dream once, but it only lasted for a few seconds and my excitement woke me up.

However, I let the distractions of life get the best of me. School, getting high with my friends, video games, excessive sleeping, etc etc.

Well, now, I graduated school, I have a law degree, and now I'm back at it. I wouldn't consider myself a total noob but I am definitely a noob at this.

One issue that has been giving me trouble with all of this is a herniated disc in my L5-S1 vertebrae. It makes it difficult to relax. I rarely sleep/make OBE attempts on my back because of it. Laying on my side is much more comfortable.

I also used to be a daily cannabis smoker but recently I stopped smoking because I am getting drug tested for a job. I'm going to see how it affects my ability to have an OBE, and if its positive, then I'll probably stop smoking almost altogether.

Looking forward to hearing from all of you and working together to have more easily-accessible, and more vivid OBEs.

Lumaza

Quote from: Xroadspedestrian on March 27, 2020, 01:42:33
One issue that has been giving me trouble with all of this is a herniated disc in my L5-S1 vertebrae. It makes it difficult to relax. I rarely sleep/make OBE attempts on my back because of it. Laying on my side is much more comfortable.

Looking forward to hearing from all of you and working together to have more easily-accessible, and more vivid OBEs.
Hello and welcome to the Astral Pulse!  :-)

I am a "side sleeper" as well. That doesn't interrupt my practice at all. It is important to find a comfortable position. Otherwise, you won't be able to lose your focus on your physical body.
This technique here is very easy and can be done as you are falling asleep. You can also precede it with a "mental affirmation", somewhere along the lines of "I am LUCID in my Dreams, KNOWING I AM Dreaming". I find affirmations a great way of "allowing" yourself to have a non physical experience and Lucid Dreams are part of that package.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/a_very_easy_obe_technique_that_needs_some_fine_tuning-t38413.0.html

You can find many other techniques in this Sub-Forum. They are "stickied" there, thus making them easy to find!
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness-b30.0/

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Nameless

Hi and welcome to the Pulse. Nothing wrong with being on your side, works for me.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.