News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Hi everyone!!

Previous topic - Next topic

msgt

Hi there. My name is Patrick. The past few months have brought about a revelation in my perspective. I don't know why but it is what it is. I've taken to meditation in a way I never have in the past. I've begun to see myself as not my physical body. Finally, I've a sudden deep urge to connect with what ever it means to be a non-physical thing.

I'd played with the idea of projection in the past. It's been 16 years since I read a couple William Buhlman books. At the time I tried a few things but it really didn't stick. Now everything is different. I'm committed to this. Somehow I know that this is possible for me and is something I'm meant to do.

I've not gotten very far. I've approached the "body asleep, mind awake" state but I've not achieved it. As of last night I started tying a leather string around my finger attached to a bunch of nuts and bolts. The idea being if I fall asleep, I'll drop it and wake up. So that's my focus at the moment, to become able to hover on the edge. Next I hope to tackle the almost hopeless task of resisting clearing my throat. Lol.

I feel impatient but I am seeing that I cannot rush this. It's a worth while lesson to learn.

I feel fortunate to have found the home base of Frank Kepple. I'm really glad to be here. I'm ready to humbly learn from you all. :)

Nameless

Hi Patrick, welcome to the Pulse and thanks for the introduction. You will find tons of information floating about this site. Feel free share your experiences and/or ask questions.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Lumaza

Quote from: msgt on March 30, 2021, 10:10:14
I've not gotten very far. I've approached the "body asleep, mind awake" state but I've not achieved it. As of last night I started tying a leather string around my finger attached to a bunch of nuts and bolts. The idea being if I fall asleep, I'll drop it and wake up. So that's my focus at the moment, to become able to hover on the edge. Next I hope to tackle the almost hopeless task of resisting clearing my throat. Lol.

I feel impatient but I am seeing that I cannot rush this. It's a worth while lesson to learn.

I feel fortunate to have found the home base of Frank Kepple. I'm really glad to be here. I'm ready to humbly learn from you all. :)
Welcome to the Astral Pulse Patrick!  :-)

"Mind awake, body asleep" is a great focus to use. You can even add "color", as in for the mental command mind awake, visualize the color blue at or filling your head your head.  For body asleep, visualize the color orange sweeping down as it fills your entire body. You will find that you will begin to feel it as well. I read this technique years ago via a video called "Lucidololgy 101", by Nicholas Newport. It was very helpful in the beginning of my Journey.
http://files.lucidology.com/luc/101/pdf/lucidology-101-p2-sleep-paralysis-holy-grail-www-lucidology-com.pdf

The clearing throat thing gets better with practice. You will learn how to focus away from all of that. When I was new to this, I had to jump many hurdles. Constant problems with swallowing and phlegm, eyes opening just as I was "exiting or at least feeling like they were opening", eyelids fluttering, itchy skin, all kinds of things. The more I practiced though, the better it got. All of those things were my physical body's way of keeping me focused solely on the physical. Being consciously aware while we "shift" is unnatural to us. The "shift" isn't though, we do that every night when we go to sleep. The thing is we aren't "consciously" aware of while it occurs. We need to not only reprogram our system, but also affirm and re-affirm to our higher self that it is okay.

Your idea of tying a string to your finger was brilliant. People have also used the technique of tapping gently with a finger as they fall asleep, bending their arm upwards, there's all kind of inventive ways to achieve the same goal. Experiment. Find our what works for you!  :-)
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla