New guy. Long time student with basically no success projecting.

Previous topic - Next topic

Middle

Hello everyone. Hoping to get some insight into why I am having trouble projecting and generally be a part of the community.

I've known about the possibility of AP for over a decade and when I learned about it I remembered a lot of old "dreams" I had as a kid that were way too strange. Like jumping off a cliff in my dreams and feeling like I was literally dropped into my bed when I awoke. I attempted a long time ago and reached the vibrations stage, then my dog at the time began whimpering in her sleep and I was jolted back awake. In my 20 year old mind I assumed she was trying to protect me, so I stopped trying.

Now I am 31. Started educating myself on the occult a few years back and that has lead down quite the rabbit hole (with little daily practice unfortunately). I have had a few meditation experiences that seemed way too vivid to be discounted as a figment of the mind and have had maybe 2 OOBEs, but I can't say for sure if that's what they were. I've devoured Bob Monroe's books (and have all the hemisync tapes, but haven't used them all) and have read William Buhlman's stuff along with Robert Bruce's work. I feel have almost filled my mind with too much theory and not enough practice.

Basically I'm here to learn.

EscapeVelocity

Welcome to the Pulse, Middle!

It seems to be a pattern with us: We have a basic kind of realization about OBE when we are very young and this interest may continue into our teens and even early twenties, but eventually the exigencies of Physical Reality and adult life become so prominent that most of us have to focus completely within that realm. It may not be until our mid-thirties or early forties that the OBE catches our interest once again; for you, this renewed interest may have happened a little early.

Anyway, welcome back! :-D

It sounds like you have a good, solid grounding in the three B's---Bob, Buhlman and Bruce...and I think you may be right: you might be a bit overloaded with too much theory. So, set all that theory aside for a moment (it will prove helpful later on) and think about what technique may work for you. I achieved the vibrations too, at age 13...scared the crap out of me! Couldn't make it work beyond that...
So what does work? Your dreams? Your meditative moments? Middle of the night, early 5am wake-ups? What get's you close to that edge, that zone? Think about those questions and then ask. You can also check out the third Board down and there are the first 8 dark blue 'stickies'...which are very good ideas and lessons on techniques which are possibly better ideas than you have read about in the books you mentioned. Those were good; these techniques are a little more closely refined to what you may be looking for. So after all the reading you have done, I hate to have to recommend more, but these techniques are really good and the explanations will no doubt help your understanding.

And the next step is to jump in and try some. And then let us know what seems to be working and what does not. With that information we can then give you some advice on where to go from there.

Dig in and have fun!
EV
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Middle

Thanks a lot, EV.

The only luck I have really had with AP was last week or so. That and the one time before it felt different than a dream, but not how I expected it. Each time it still had a very dream-like quality. If you're interested, this is a reddit link to my recent success - https://www.reddit.com/r/AstralProjection/comments/g6mcpk/i_possibly_projected_last_night_was_not_the_fun/

I think waking up in the middle of the night and attempting is my best time, but I have too much trouble focusing and fall asleep. I've been picking up meditation again (don't know why I always drop it for months at a time) to improve my focus. I have also had some pretty wild experiences during meditation (and a bit of using hemi-sync), but they're always infrequent and not AP related as far as I can tell.

I'll check out the stickies. I have to be honest - I just need to hunker down and stick with something, but it's really hard when you get almost zero reward for the work put in.

Lumaza

Quote from: Middle on April 30, 2020, 00:35:53
I'll check out the stickies. I have to be honest - I just need to hunker down and stick with something, but it's really hard when you get almost zero reward for the work put in.
BINGO!  :-)  You hit the nail right on the head!

You are rewarded every single attempt you make. Something new always happens. No matter how minute that something may seem. Keep a good detailed Journal and you will see what I mean. Those little things add up quickly. They are all necessary to move on down this path.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla