News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

New here!

Previous topic - Next topic

Rajni

Thank you for accepting me into the forum!

I've always been fascinated by the topic of astral projection, although I was never able to do it myself, even with guided meditations.  I've gotten as far as lucid dreaming, but that always happens without me trying, on the rare occasion that it happens at all.

This past Tuesday, that changed.  During a mid-morning nap, I actually left my body for maybe 5 seconds. The funny thing is, I wasn't even planning on it happening; I just needed a nap!  The setting for this little event was also the opposite of what I have read is usually recommended if one plans on going astral, which has me scratching my head a little:  It was mid-morning, broad daylight, and not the most peaceful - the development's landscapers were outside operating riding-mowers (which I can tune out no problem). 

But it started off as a vivid dream (my nap-time dreams have been rather vivid) of a relative's home I visited back when I was 16.  I was in the house's basement, and the thought came to me to check out the rest of the place (actually the thought seemed to be  suggestion coming from someone else), and when I made a move toward the stairs leading to what I assumed was the main level, a sensation came over me that felt like tingling and like a waterfall in my veins.

I instantly knew what was happening and so just went with it, I guess (hard to describe).  It felt like a peeling-away was taking place; I was peeling away from my body.  This is a funny comparison, but it felt like how it looks when you peel the cheesy topping off of cheesy-bread. 

I knew I was out of my body because my cat - who usually lays on my stomach when I nap - didn't jump off of me, and I had moved down the couch a bit towards the other end, and I think a little bit away from it (things were a bit skewed like being underwater).  All that went through my mind was "I can't believe this is happening!", as well as a vague sense of "Should I be doing this?". 

I also noticed what looked like a gorilla's hairy arm peeking out from under the pile of throw-pillows at the other end of the couch I was laying on, and remembered reading that sometimes you encounter some potentially nefarious characters on the first level of astral.  I wasn't afraid, but I decided to pray. The minute I did, I returned to my body.  After that, I just lay there for a few minutes, incredulous, thinking, "I did it!  I did it!"  I also have a lingering craving for cheesy-bread...  :-D

I also wondered if the hairy-arm belonged to an entity that actually resides in my apartment but I just don't normally see it because I'm usually in my physical body.  That thought was a tad unnerving, but he/she/it has never caused me trouble so they're probably fine.  But I could see how going astral could reveal "room-mates" you'd never otherwise detect...

It's one thing to read about these things, and quite another to actually experience them first-hand. Wow. 

So that's why I wanted to join this community  (Sorry for the long post!).

Nameless

Welcome Rajni, this is an awesome first post, not too long at all. I love your expression of 'peeling' away from your body. After reading this I have no doubt you are in for more fun times.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

LightBeam

Welcome, Ranji! Have fun and be fearless.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

EscapeVelocity

Welcome to the Pulse, Rajni!

It's really exciting when you have that first, unquestionable projection! And actually a daytime nap can be a very good time for one. Your physical body is just tired enough that it can sleep for a short time, but your awareness is slightly less tired and can relax control, yet not get dragged all the way down into Delta state; thus it becomes free to explore. It's the right ratio of Physical versus Mental tiredness and a Non-Physical exit can occur very "accidentally". What also likely helped was your prior readings about and a strong desire to have a projection: that served to set your Intention and when it finally happened, you quickly and correctly recognized it and responded appropriately. You didn't get over-excited nor immediately fearful which would have ended the experience even sooner. The hairy ape arm is likely nothing to be concerned with; strange anomalies like this will appear from time to time in early projections. I'm not discounting your thought of an astral parasite but it's more likely this was an artifact of your subconscious as a really minor fear challenge to your emotional control. Excitement and fear are big emotions you will need to be aware of as you move forward from here. It is little tests like this that are so subtle they can send us off in search of an astral rat exterminator, lol. Ignore them unless they really persist.

So, well done and like LightBeam said, Have fun and be fearless!

EV
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Rajni

Quote from: Nameless on August 19, 2021, 19:27:04
Welcome Rajni, this is an awesome first post, not too long at all. I love your expression of 'peeling' away from your body. After reading this I have no doubt you are in for more fun times.
Thanks, Nameless! 
The fact that the sensation of leaving my body reminded me of peeling apart cheesy-bread left me with such a craving for the stuff that I ended up ordering some from a local pizza place yesterday.  I will probably always associate cheesy-bread with astral-travel!   :-D

Rajni

Quote from: LightBeam on August 19, 2021, 19:56:07
Welcome, Ranji! Have fun and be fearless.
Thanks, LightBeam!   I will try!  :-)

Rajni

Quote from: EscapeVelocity on August 19, 2021, 23:56:17
Welcome to the Pulse, Rajni!

It's really exciting when you have that first, unquestionable projection! And actually a daytime nap can be a very good time for one. Your physical body is just tired enough that it can sleep for a short time, but your awareness is slightly less tired and can relax control, yet not get dragged all the way down into Delta state; thus it becomes free to explore. It's the right ratio of Physical versus Mental tiredness and a Non-Physical exit can occur very "accidentally". What also likely helped was your prior readings about and a strong desire to have a projection: that served to set your Intention and when it finally happened, you quickly and correctly recognized it and responded appropriately. You didn't get over-excited nor immediately fearful which would have ended the experience even sooner. The hairy ape arm is likely nothing to be concerned with; strange anomalies like this will appear from time to time in early projections. I'm not discounting your thought of an astral parasite but it's more likely this was an artifact of your subconscious as a really minor fear challenge to your emotional control. Excitement and fear are big emotions you will need to be aware of as you move forward from here. It is little tests like this that are so subtle they can send us off in search of an astral rat exterminator, lol. Ignore them unless they really persist.

So, well done and like LightBeam said, Have fun and be fearless!

EV

This is good to know about naps and astral travel.  I always suspected that if it were to happen, it would mostly be during a nap. As it was, my dreams during that time had been very vivid and trippy.  So it was only a matter of time, I guess.

I don't know if there is any connection between seeing scary things in astral and seeing them in dreams, but for at least a decade now I haven't had what I would consider a terror-inducing nightmare.  I've had frustrating dreams pertaining to the everyday challenges of adulting, but nothing that literally frightened me; even dreams of being in haunted houses don't scare me (they're kinda cool, actually).  Maybe I had to reach that point first before I was ready to do astral; 'Gorilla Guy's' arm would've terrified me in the past, but now I just took it as a reminder to have my 'umbrella' handy in case of 'rain'. 

That said, your suggestion that it was more likely coming from my own subconscious is reassuring.  I  mean, if it's a real entity - and even one that has been living here with me all this time and I just didn't see it - that's fine as long as he/she/it behaves.  Heck, if it is a real entity and not  product of my subconscious, maybe it was trying to hide under the pillows so it wouldn't scare me out of my experience too fast. It may have been trying to be helpful, so I just need to remember that 'spooky' doesn't have to mean 'evil' with this sort of thing, whether it's my mind playing tricks or something independent of that.   :-)

tides2dust

Welcome to the forum!

My own tangent and food for thought-

I think the subconscious is real. Of course it is- what I mean is, waking reality(first person POV) and 'invisible' realms are interconnected. The mind is powerful. Witnessing the body exit is very exciting, I'm learning with my initial excitement I became more obsessed with recreating or experiencing 'detachment' from body than being aware of 'astral space'. My mind set it up so that, if I wasn't able to experience the detachment that it must mean I'm not projecting or in the desired state. Those trickling or tingling sensations were most always my cue-

But awareness IS, whether we experience it in our body or outside our 'selves.' Recording my dreams regularly has shown me how connected characters in our waking life and the subconscious really are. How magical this world really is within/without. Not just dreams but while awake- awareness anchored in this body. I've felt my imagination propel me into a reality where it felt like I was communicating with an otherwise unseen intelligence, where unique entities and forms of light come and go.

That being said, that gorilla thing is funny. =P I've witnessed what felt like a devious- gaseous, wide eyed creature give me some pretty sage advice. Happy I recorded it here and could go back and realize how true the message was later on. In fact I think the entity told me I was too distracted with focusing on the body- not realizing I had in fact been communicating with something very real the entire time.

Rajni

Quote from: tides2dust on August 20, 2021, 11:35:36
Welcome to the forum!

My own tangent and food for thought-

I think the subconscious is real. Of course it is- what I mean is, waking reality(first person POV) and 'invisible' realms are interconnected. The mind is powerful. Witnessing the body exit is very exciting, I'm learning with my initial excitement I became more obsessed with recreating or experiencing 'detachment' from body than being aware of 'astral space'. My mind set it up so that, if I wasn't able to experience the detachment that it must mean I'm not projecting or in the desired state. Those trickling or tingling sensations were most always my cue-

But awareness IS, whether we experience it in our body or outside our 'selves.' Recording my dreams regularly has shown me how connected characters in our waking life and the subconscious really are. How magical this world really is within/without. Not just dreams but while awake- awareness anchored in this body. I've felt my imagination propel me into a reality where it felt like I was communicating with an otherwise unseen intelligence, where unique entities and forms of light come and go.

That being said, that gorilla thing is funny. =P I've witnessed what felt like a devious- gaseous, wide eyed creature give me some pretty sage advice. Happy I recorded it here and could go back and realize how true the message was later on. In fact I think the entity told me I was too distracted with focusing on the body- not realizing I had in fact been communicating with something very real the entire time.

Thanks, tides2dust!

I agree, just the sensations associated with detaching from the body are amazing, and very helpful in determining that yes, we're achieving lift-off.  Wheels up!   :-D 

I also agree about the magical elements that exist even in the waking state; in my case, I'm very tuned in to synchronicities and what they've been communicating to me, especially over the past couple of years.

Lumaza

Welcome to the Astral Pulse Rajni!  :-) You have received some great replies here!  :-)

It looks like you just got your first "sneak peek" of non physical realms. You also got your first "fear test". Likely that was courtesy of "thought = action". In the NPRs your thoughts manifest immediately. So you have to learn how to control your own thoughts and emotions. You won't necessarily have control over the entire scenario you find yourself in. Many times, you are there for the experience. But you can and will, if you decide to pursue this further, learn to have control over yourself. This comes from learning to "passively observe" everything, before your engage yourself in to it.

Like EV said, many people report their first NPR experience after either reading or listening to video on the subject itself. That in itself seems to be some kind of subconscious affirmation that you are ready to see and experience it first hand. What you do after that first "sneak peek" is up to you now. The NPR did it's part!  :wink:
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Rajni

Quote from: Lumaza on August 20, 2021, 18:41:02
Welcome to the Astral Pulse Rajni!  :-) You have received some great replies here!  :-)

It looks like you just got your first "sneak peek" of non physical realms. You also got your first "fear test". Likely that was courtesy of "thought = action". In the NPRs your thoughts manifest immediately. So you have to learn how to control your own thoughts and emotions. You won't necessarily have control over the entire scenario you find yourself in. Many times, you are there for the experience. But you can and will, if you decide to pursue this further, learn to have control over yourself. This comes from learning to "passively observe" everything, before your engage yourself in to it.

Like EV said, many people report their first NPR experience after either reading or listening to video on the subject itself. That in itself seems to be some kind of subconscious affirmation that you are ready to see and experience it first hand. What you do after that first "sneak peek" is up to you now. The NPR did it's part!  :wink:
Thanks, Lumaza!

I agree that self-control is the most sensible with astral, just as it is with life on this earthly plane.  Navigating things calmly, mindfully, and observantly can be incredibly helpful.  I find this to be the case even in the dreams I have.