News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Newbie from Australia

Previous topic - Next topic

light487

Heyas All,

I am posting here to introduce myself and give a bit of background before I start posting about my experiences in the other sections of this forum.

When I was young (like 5 years old, or there abouts) I had many "strange" experiences. Unfortunately a lot of the details of those experiences have been lost over time. There are definitely some out of body and other "deep mind" memories I have but as I say.. the details are lost to me at this time. I remember one dream-like experience when I was very young that had me floating around my room; other experiences of being awake and seeing but without actually opening my eyes and experiences of being in "other" places and dimensions but rather than "seeing" those things, it was more of a "sensing" thing. For example, there is this memory of not so much "Falling" as moving downward through a tunnel of strobing lights where the space around me would continually get smaller and smaller but I would never reach the end; this is my mind is what I consider a "deep mind" experience.. not sure how else to describe it. I know that it sounds like a dream but these days I know the difference between dreams, lucid dreams, OBE's and "deep mind" experiences.

I had a pretty standard childhood from my perspective. I had friends in the neighbourhood; fought with my siblings; got in trouble for doing things I wasn't supposed to do and all the normal and regular things that happen. All of the "childhood" experiences I had were not by choice and just happened on their own. Once I reached the ripe old age of 13 (haha) I started to explore spirituality and the occult in general. Starting with mainstream Wicca and Shamanism I couldn't get enough information to satisfy my curiousity and intelligence. I read a lot of books including ones on topic of many well established religions not just ones that pertained to the esoteric.

It was during these few years that I read a book called "Journeys Out of the Body" by Robert A Monroe. By that time I had already a reasonable understanding of different layers of perception and the "astral plane" had come up, in many different forms and names, in many of the books I had read. Reading his book made me feel that it was possible that I too might be able to experience these things for myself. Even then, I remembered my childhood experiences and made the connection to them at that point also. I tried to have OBEs at around that time and had multiple partial successes but I could never truly let go of my fears and insecurities about the weirdness and disorientation of the experiences.

I discussed the experiences and topic with other people around me at the time who were into the same kinds of things I was and the one thing that really stood out as to why I should not be doing it was that I was using recreational drugs regularly. On one hand, how could I trust that the experiences were really happening or not just a drug related experience and on the other hand, I felt impure and guilty about the drug use and felt that it put me in the wrong frame of mind to have "positive" OB experiences rather than guilt ridden, impure experiences.

It's been almost 20 years since that time, and over a decade since I stopped using recreational drugs, and I have just now started to reading about OBEs again. I am of a completely different mindset these days and more grounded than I was back then. It's less about the "magick" and more about the experience now. I want to explore the greater truth and gain insights into the omniverse that I exist in, on all levels.

Last night I had my first genuine experience since trying again, which I will go into detail about in another post, and so I decided that I should find an active forum to share my experiences and get assistance with my journey. I've written out the experience, including the dream state that it began from, on my iPod to make sure I remember all the details as a dream diary kind of thing and will continue to record my experiences as they happen.

I have been using "affirmations" to convince my subconscious of my desire to have OBEs as well as "prayer" techniquies to my higher and inner selves for the same reason. I have only been doing that for a few days and already I have had my "first" experience. Even though I've had experiences in the past, during early childhood and teenage years, I am recording this one as my first.

astraladdict

Welcome to the pulse. nice to have you aboard, we will do all that we can to help you on your journey. Affirmations though, can only take you so far. What it comes down to, is if you really believe.

~astraladdict
My smile tells lies, but my eyes tell the truth...

light487

Thanks for the welcome. I did find another couple of forums but none as active as this one.. so I am hoping I have found the right place.. hehe..

As for believing it.. I truly do already believe in it.. but for me, at this stage, the one thing holding me back is the fear barrier. I try to rationalise my fear, read more and more about the topic and now come here to communicate with others on a similar journey to myself.. but in the end, it is going to need to me "relaxing" and "chilling out".. not forcing the issue and trying to stay calm.. I think that once I've had my first truly substantial OBE, when I've overcome those "launching/exiting" fears, I will be much better equipped to start exploring the topic in more depth.. but right now I am, despite my previous attempts and experiences prior to this renewed set of trials, just starting out.

astraladdict

Yes, this forum is pretty active, full of wisdom and knowledge as well. Actually, i do not think it is fear that you are feeling, rather excitement and anticipation. When i first started off i would feel my energy body leaving the physical body, and get excited. My heart would beat so fast it seemed like it'll pop out my chest, my heart rate inscreased, etc. Killed the OBE a couple of times, but they go away later on. There really is nothing to fear in the realm. The realm is a magical place, full of beauty and wonder and knowledge. Just keep working at it. Dedications is a must in OBE

~astraladdict

light487

It may be the excitement but I don't feel it in that way. I started to hear the "rain on a tin roof" noise building up.. I felt the rigidity of my body but centred more around my head and jaw more than anywhere else and I just kinda freaked out.. not in a girly scream kind of way.. but just felt like.. hrmm.. like I was caught under a big wave at the beach and couldn't get out from under it.. like a panic to get to the surface before I ran out of breath. That's the best analogy I can think of to describe the "panic" I was feeling at the time. It was like, "I'm stuck.. but that's ok.. let's go with it.." and then as I went with it, I guess my survival instinct kicked in and I just had to "get out".. so not fear in the "horror movie" sense of things.. nor fear of "things that might get me".. or even fear of death really.. it was more of a fear of the unknown and unfamiliar feelings and situation I was in.

EDIT: Also, I regret that I wasn't able to stay chilled.. I know there will be more times to try in the future but there was my chance to take, the chance I had been pushing for over the last 4 or 5 days.. and I effectively chickened out.. :(

astraladdict

Try meditation, that'll help a whole lot with so much

~astraladdict

Xanth

Hey there light487!

That sounded like a wonderful journey to where you are now. 
I hope we can help shed some "light" on the rest of your experience and I look forward to reading your posts in the future.

Welcome to the Astral Pulse.  :)

NoY

Welcome to the Pulse  8-)

:NoY:

light487

Thanks all for the welcome. I tried again for a projection last night but I think I was simply too tired for it. I was reading a few articles, both here and elsewhere, about the need to have a good sleep the night prior to attempts. Another thing I find difficult is that I sleep in the same bed as my partner.. and she can get a bit clingy at times.. which is nice.. I am sort of torn between enjoying her physical, emotional and spiritual "closeness" and practising. So I think I will just need to not force the issue but keep practising whenever I can.

I've decided that today I will spend the day trying to "control my body from outside".. that is, try to perceive that rather than being in direct control of my body, that I am either behind, above or beside my body and actually just "guiding" and observing myself.. will see how it goes. I think of it as a kind of practise of being aware that there are multiple consciousnesses at all times and that the focus can be "phased" from one to the other.. Of course I will be mainly in the physical but I think by doing this, it will send messages to my subconscious to get used to the idea of passive observance and the ability to guide rather than control.

astraladdict

Dude let her cling! Relaxation is a must for projection, but the PUL received from her will help out lots! It will raise your vibrations and help aid in the OBE.

~astraladdict

light487

I was thinking about my current mindset and why I am wanting to OBE these days.. and I realised that in the past it was more about "escapism".. about feeling lonely and out of place in my physical world (I was always bullied at school; have a higher than average intelligence etc) and I guess I was looking for a way out in order to feel more comfortable. These days, as I said in my original post above, I am more "grounded" and I am lot happier, not lonely, not looking for an escape. Now I just want to explore the other parts of my consciousness.

I think it is also NOT a coincidence that I would suddenly start reading about OBEs again, seemingly out of the blue, even paying for a book on the subject. I believe it is my higher self or guiding soul telling me that I have reached a point in my life when it "may" be possible or at least I am "positioned" to begin learning and practising. That's how it seems to me anyway.

light487

Had some great opportunities last night.. unfortunately I am getting a cold and because of my sore throat I was never able to fully disengage my awareness from my physical body. I was fully relaxed, couldn't feel any of my body but that constant feeling from my throat kept me effectively "grounded". I was up all night too, till around 2:30am. So on one hand it was good "practise" because I did a lot of visualisation, even got some strong "pulling" sensations when I first concentrated on visualising the Astral Pulse Island picture.. but was kept grounded by my throat. I did try some experiments on moving my astral arms and head but in the end, it was my physical body moving rather than my astral body.

light487

Hey again :)

Been away for a while.. life leads you in different directions.. I've been giving Astral stuff a miss for a while now just because of physical life stuff getting in the way and then getting married and all that stuff. The last couple of days I've felt a natural urge or push back in this direction and today I just happened to start reading through the Frank Kepple PDF again.

I had a lot of good experiences last year and hoping to conitnue to have more with a bit of catch up. I have a new perspective on things and hope to give it a fresh start. :)

Lionheart

Congratulations on your Marriage and Welcome back!
Sometimes a step backwards leads to 2 steps forwards. A new perspective on things helps a lot too.

Greytraveller

Hello Light487
Somehow I missed saying Hello here the first time around so now I can say "Welcome !" and "Welcome Back !" at the same time.  :-D

Cheers
Grey

Szaxx

Hi light,
Your questions will stand out.lol..
Welcome to the Pulse.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Barnowl

Welcome to this forum. You'll find it very informative

:-D
Please 'Like Us' on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/YourSpiritualSuccess

Please 'Subscribe' on Youtube- http://www.youtube.com/user/doddy23