News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

And the truth shall be known - You'll see !

Previous topic - Next topic

Risu no Kairu

Wow, that's a long post, but full of information! It's very interesting. Can you only ask no/yes question? You can't make some sort of ouija board set up where it points to certain letters/numbers?

This pendulum can be made out of anything, you say?

Hmmm. It sounds interesting. Maybe I'll try it.

Thanks for the information.

—Kyle of the Squirrel
I need a signature that isn't stupid. :/

MAYATNIK

Hello Kyle,

In response to your post - The Pendulum can do quite a number of things, pretty soon after becoming accoustomed to its correct methods of operation.  However, I wanted to concentrate in that initial introduction on the basics which are important to grasp - because, if you haven't got them then even the slightly more complex operations can result in errors, when really the techniquques that can be learned later will be very valuable - but only, of course, if they are used properly and therefore give correct results.  In addition, I didn't want to make the post in any way confusing, just straightforward, and certainly not longer than was practicable.

The idea you mention - that of pointing to letters of the alphabet in turn, is one of several that can be utilized.  And I give brief details of a couple of such accurate methods below that can be usefully employed with the Pendulum.....

You can write out the alphabet on a piece of paper, with a certain number of letters to each line (that makes it easier to use in practice).  For example:
A B C D E F G H I J
K L M N O P Q R S T
U V W X Y Z.

The method is to sit at a table with a pencil, say, as a pointer (and that method also can be used for finding by Map Divination).

You simply hold a pencil in your left hand and the Pendulum in your  right hand (which needs to be off-centre to the body, and hence not ideal for the beginner at first,because one needs to have become acclimatized to doing it naturally and knowing whether the Pendulum is too far off-centre to give accurate results for your level of skill in using it).

Next, look at your layout, think your intention (that you'll point to a row to see if the letter is in there, and then along the row to each if it is on that line)

Then all you have to do is point to a row (there are only 2 in my example layout here, and it is more than likely any given letter will be in one of those two rows, rather than the end letters of the alphabet - unless you're Russian, like me).  Keep your eye on the Pendulum for a 'yes' as you move the pointer.  Simple as that.

A variation on the above is to ask how many letters in the word to be spelled out to you ("Are there more than 5 letters in the word ?..."Less than 10 ?" - and you soon narrow it down).  this ensures you are only expecting so many letters.  You can take this method a stage further, by organizing it like a "Hangman" game, with dashes to represent the required number of letters.  And of course you can 'guess' the vowels first, one by one.....which may give you a good clue as to the remaining letters ot ask, while pointing, "will this letter be..." (whatever).  There are other methods that can be devised - one being the 'binary' method with the letters:  "Is it greater than...." (whatever)......"Is it less than....." (whatever), and so on, till you get the letter, which will always be obtained in the least number of 'tries' this way.

Bearing in mind, it does not work like the ouija board, only the first method would seem to be useful anyway, for general purpose.  

But, since the use of the Pendulum most often leds on to Telepathy, where you will hear the letter - and in fact the whole word! - in your head the more you become attuned to working with the Pendulum, then such methods become entirely redundant, as your skill improves.

the bottom line is, that the Pendulum is not just a 'Lookup Service', it is an aid to further 'spiritual' development - and the guides will in every way assist towards that end in teaching you.

There are very simple techniques for many other things - such as using the Pendulum as a compass if you are lost, and even to indicate what turning you should take if you are walking along an unfamiliar  road lost.  It can also bet used as a pipe or wiring detector (I' ve used it for that when an electrician's electronic tester failed to work in a house rewire he was doing for me - and he just traced out where my left finger pointed - but I would suggest some  skill be aquired, and the basics learned thoroughly, due to the need for accuracy, before going on to such as those and the many other advanced things that can be done with the Pendulum.

And yes, in answer to your other query, the Pendulum can be made out of anything which is suitable for the purpose.

Hope this has been of help.

With Pleiadian Love and Light,
MAYATNIK.

Frank

MAYATNIK: The thought came to me your post would be a good one to upload to the Astral Pulse library. I found your post an interesting read. I like to tinker with mechanical devices and have quite a collection of old machine nuts. So I'm going to tie one to a piece of string and give it a go.

Yours,
Frank

Gandalf

An interesting post to be sure! I might be tempted to try this out. I have actually used ouja boards before, a few of us used to get together on some nights when I was younger.

I have found from our experiments that the ouja system is far too unreliable. It seems to work by operating from the collective will of everyone involved (that's why it seems to know things) and is'nt really a proper entity or 'spirit' as such.

Although we never had any problems with doing this, I don't find it too hard to imagine that it could trigger side effects such as telekenisis or other effects, as the mind is a powerful tool and if you combine several together it is potentially out of the individual's control, although as I said, we never had any problems, but perhaps if one of the participents was unstable in some way then that might trigger negative effects. Still, I recomend it for interests sake.

This is where the pendulum comes in, as it may be far more reliable. With ouji it is almost always the case that it is the collective will of everyone involved that is being 'contacted' although I think it might just be possible on very rare occasions to contact a proper being.

The pendulum sounds more reliable as there is only one spoke in the works...you, rather than four of five people all adding their own input into the proceedings!

I think we should all give it a go and see what happens!

Regards,
Douglas

"It is to Scotland that we look for our idea of civilisation." -- Voltaire.

Risu no Kairu

I notice you keep saying hold it in your right hand.

Now, is this required, or can I hold it in my left hand, where things are more comfortable? Afterall, I'm a southpaw, so I tend to do things in a mirrored way.
I need a signature that isn't stupid. :/

Mirador

First, I express my most sincere appreciation for Mayatnik's posting. I would have payed good money for all the practical advise I've learned from Mayatnik in this field. And it's all free here in Astral Pulse!
Mayatnik, if you ever decide to publish on this topic, I am most willing to translate your works into Spanish (that's what I do professionally, to make 'ends meet').
Now, my one and only experience with the 'Pendulum'.
It happened many years ago, when an old friend dropped by, and asked me to be part of ruse on an elderly couple who did not want to sell a tract of land to him. My friend told me that he had learned that the railroad company was planning to extend their rail network through the vecinity of that land, and that the land would appreciate in value accordingly. I asked him how I could help him, and he said that since he knew I delved in things esoteric and occult, he had a plan to restle the land from the old foggies. He told me that the excuse the elderly couple had for not selling their land was that there was an ancient treasure burried there. My friend told me that my part was to visit the couple and act like I was an expert diviner. He told me he had already mentioned the couple about me, and that I should dress all in white and act very mysterious, and that I should ask permission to examine the land, and after that explain to the elderly couple that there was no treasure buried there. I asked my friend how was I to examine the land, and that's when he introduced me to the concept of the Pendulum. He even had a Pendulum for me, a bronce curtain accessory attached to a string. Since I owed him many favors, I agreed to go along with his plan.
My friend picked me up the next Sunday, and we drove about two and a half hours out of town to the elderly couple's home. After the necessary introductions, explanations and politeness, I followed my friends preconcieved plan, and asked the couple if I could check their land for hidden treasure. Then they walked me to the center of a one hectare plot of land next to their house. A faint drizzle started to fall, and I told my friend and the old couple to leave me alone and go back to the house, that as soon as I had finished I would report back to them. The drizzle picked up, and now I was  soaked in rain. I thought there goes my impecable white suite, and sat on the moist ground. When I could see nobody around, a strange sad mood overcame me, and I lost complete interest in my friends project. I fiddled nervously with the Pendulum but placed it back in my jacket pocket. Then I decided to do one of my ritual (which I use for healing, and also to keep out of trouble), and asked for help from the 'Relevant Authorities'. At that moment, a saw a naked man running outside of the perimeter of the land. The spectacle was fascinating but after awhile I thought it was distracting me from my task. And then I saw, although no physical superficial signs, that the land had been dug up in many places, and a shimmery spot about 25 meters away from me, that made me stand up and walk over to it. At that spot I saw what appeared to be the remains of a brick foundation for a small shed. I lost track of time, and my friend came searching for me and took me by the arm to the old couple's house. They stared at me, wide eyed, expecting me to talk. And before I could gather any coherent thought to say anything, I found myself saying that 'the naked crazy guy didn't let me perform my work, but that there was something to be investigated under the foundation that was once the small shed'. At that moment, the old couple started to cry in unison, and very defensively told me, that their son had not died there, that they only locked him in the shed to keep him out of trouble. I didn't answer them, my friend and I walked out and drove away, since we know to respect a burial place.

Mirador

Novice

Well, I just tried this. And it works. I kept looking to see if my hand was even slightly moving to create the effect. But I couldn't perceive a thing. I also didn't want 'mental' thought to play a part in it. So when I asked a question, I would do my best to quiet my mind so as to unintentionally influence the responses.

Some of the answers were what I expected, others I was a bit disappointed to see. But I guess that just means that I probably wasn't influencing them -- or they probably all would have been what I wanted to see.

Thanks so much for the description!
Reality is what you perceive it to be.

MAYATNIK

RISU –
It's funny you should say you're a "southpaw" because so am I (for writing at least – though I play guitar in the conventional way, "right handed" as it's termed - which seems a funny description to me, incidentally, because all the fingering action is going on in my left hand, all very comfortable so I don't know how true 'right-handed people go on with it!),  The reason I repeatedly mentioned the right hand is because a large number of people subconsciously associate 'right' with 'good', and I'm trying to avoid any possibility of negative conditioning rather than positive reinforcement in thinking, becoming a subconscious  turn-off for anyone even before they've tried the Pendulum – and this illustrates yet another point.

In point of fact, it will not affect the Pendulum in the slightest, whichever hand it is held in – although the person may be affected in either from it being uncomfortable in that hand (or maybe they only have one hand), or should they wish to write with their 'normal' writing hand - maybe to make notes of the Q's and Y/N responses at the same time, for convenience.  It also raises another point I didn't mention in my introduction to the Pendulum..... that, if you put the Pendulum down (say, to write something) and then pick it up again, it is important to leave a couple of second after picking it up before asking a further question; this is because there has to be a 'settling time' - during which the Pendulum will be observed to make a little 'twirl' – you can regard this as the equivalent of 'logging on' and in that brief but necessary time the Pendulum 'identifies' the user, and in fact by this means knows everything about them.  Without leaving this short pause before resuming questions after picking up the Pendulum there is the small possibility that not all of that first question will be fully 'understood', in the same way that a computer may not pick up all that is in the buffer when initializing, to put it over-simply.  So, leave 2 seconds after picking up and if you'd put it down in the middle of a session and then resume.

If what I've just said sounds like I'm talking about a computer, then I'm afraid that – as they say – the 'gaff is blown' (I was going to leave the following revalation originally until another appropriate post); the Pendulum does indeed normally connect to an Astral computer of such sophistication that it can't be imagined.  I say, 'normally' beause when Dowsers use the Pendulum it works automatically through the Astral Computer.  In the case of such as this site, it being a Spiritual site, the guides are present (as I said) and actually 'monitor', so they are able to by-pass the automatic functionality of their Astral Computer at any time. Nevertheless, it is good working-practice to allow that brief time.  Strangely enough, considering the curiosity of the human species, no-one in the Dowsing fraternity has ever thought to ask the Pendulum, "Are you a computer?"  But, it is easily verified by anyone asking that question..... and they will get the answer, "YES".

GANDALF –
Some good objective logical observations there, in concluding that the Pendulum has the propensity for greater reliability.  I can tell you that it is extremely reliable – in fact, utterly reliable given the constraints that the guides impose in their teaching methods, where they will occasionally throw a wrong answer into the works so to speak in order to test that person – and this is indeed done from time to time for a person's inner-development to see if they will 'fall for it'; this prevents the person getting carried away with ego or other things that the guide detects in the person, or beginning to creep in (which is why I say always, double-check your answer if you are uncertain, because it just might be a 'test'.   While I know it works from much experience (and rapport with my guide too), I can't expect you, or anyone else to accept what I say on face value, because that would be exhibiting 'blind faith' – and that is not sensible or reasonable, but your 'logical' assessment points towards the benefits you feel may be obtained by giving the Pendulum a try.

Your suggestion, <"I think we should all give it a go and see what happens!"> would have profound benefits, in my experience.  I'm not talking here of 'prooving' it works – that has been well established with Dowsing for centuries, and my guides 'advanced' methods presented here are even more definitive.  No, what comes to my mind here, is the fact that I know quite a number of people I've taught who are happy to tell me their findings (which I know correlate with others) but they have a great reluctance to post or otherwise make public what the Pendulum has told them about things in general – and by the making public of people's 'findings' of Truth via the Pendulum there can be a paradigm shift in confidence towards using it is not only a 'tool' for Truth but also enabling the guides to work better for our Spiritual Development because of the open interaction obtained.  So, if all members can "give it a go" we could organize some kind of thread that would compare and examine these findings (if a member wished to provide input from their use of the Pendulum and wished to remain anonymous then I feel that would be to the greater good, although by attaching their name to what they'd found in their Q/A session it can greatly enhance the inner development of everyone.  I also wonder to what extent, given a device that has the capability of giving Truth, just how much the world really would welcome that Truth, especially if it were to by common correlation shatter the ingrained perceived 'security' of the already 'known'  established 'norm', by for example pointing to events in history that were assumed for so long to be True?   I'm simply putting forward my thoughts on this, as well as those of my guide.  But, perhaps members would like to make some suggestion on these points?  I feel that would be constructive.

FRANK –
You write < "MAYATNIK: The thought came to me your post would be a good one to upload to the Astral Pulse library." >
It would seem, in view of what GANDALF has suggested – for all to give it a go – that a place where the <Pendulum Instructions> could be found easily (should it slip down the threads) is a good idea.  I was thinking that, if it became pupular with members, of inserting a hyperlink somewhere to access it – but your suggestion of placing it in the library would certainly make it accessible.  The only trouble I have is that, although I can just about cope with the technicalities of clicking on the right buttons to submit a post in the ordinary way, I have to confess I am a dunce when it comes to anything beyond that – and, having had a quick look at the library page, I'm inclined to shout "Help Frank – anybody!" and would appreciate help in 'delivering' the parcel to that destination.  Maybe I could email you on that point, for you to render advice, or even a helping hand, to this unfortunate mortal – or any other kind soul that understands such intricacies that are beyond me.

NOVICE –
Thank you for confirming that the Pendulum works, and especially the balanced way you tried to go about your Q/A session.   I wonder, reading your post, did you try any oblique questioning to see if the answers differed ?  Or whether you were able to get any more 'background' to the answers by asking further questions on those?

MIRADOR –
Thank you for your appreciaton.  You go on to say, <"I would have payed good money for all the practical advise I've learned from Mayatnik in this field. And it's all free here in Astral Pulse!

Mayatnik, if you ever decide to publish on this topic, I am most willing to translate your works into Spanish.">

Firstly, I have dedicated my life to doing the channeling I've been asked to do, and it is 'for free' because my guide wants the people to know – not just those who browse the bookshops or have the money  to pay for such.  that is why I'm here on the Astral Pulse, for members and guests, and my appreciation goes to the Administrator and Moderators especially – as well as all those who input on this remarkable site – because without it there would be no 'slot' to place this channeled material that is being relayed through me at this time.

My guide tells me, that adequate provision is made by the Higher Realms for each country at this time, with channelers in place to relay information to their own culture – which is how the guides want it to be, for each to identify with what is being presented and which is being suitably directed to those areas of the world in the way needed.

MAYATNIK

Novice

Well, I've actually been asking questions (off and on) for over an hour now! (rolls eyes).

What I've found is that there is also 'emphasis' to some of the answers. Some answers are a slow and steady swing. Others are much larger, as if emphasizing the answer. And it will go back and forth - so the large swing isn't continuous. I've also found some questions it will stop moving and just 'sit' there. I'll wait. And then re-phrase the question with no additional luck. Then I'll ask "Can I ask this question" or "can I ask about ....." And then I"ll usually get a No answer. Which is consistent with it not answering the question yes or no.

Some of the answers suprised me. Because they aren't what I expected, nor what I 'felt' they should be. But I continued with follow-up questions and discovered there are reasons for them. And those answers do make sense now that I understand the reasons.

All this to say that you should definately try this and be very open. I've begun to close my eyes as I ask the question and try to remain completely unattached to the asnwer. But if, as in the case described above, I'm surprised by the asnwer, I find myself asking the follow up questions and watching intently for the answers -- even though I'm disbelieving/confused by what I'm seeing. So it would appear that my mind isn't playing a part in the answers.

Thanks again for these instructions. They've proven very valuable to me in only a short time period!

beav31is

Holy crap thats too long. You'll get more readers if you condense info next time. From what I read, I see no reason why it couldnt work, other than the difficulty of telekinesis on objects as big as a key (but I have moved bigger), for whoever answers the questions.

Is it necessary to hold the pendulum? That might create false swings. Why not hang it from something that wont move?

Who moves it? How do you know its not you doing telekinesis? Or is that what you want? Your unconscious mind knows a lot more than conscious.

MAYATNIK

NOVICE,

Thank you for that very coherent and extremely valuable report on your Q/A session.

Your carefully noted observations are completely consistent with the type of Pendulum responses that can be expected - and which I have found to be the case on every occasion when pupils have had 'open' and receptive interaction in questioning and following up on answrs.
Members will be greatly helped by your presentation here, because they will be able to compare their results, and the general level of 'skill' in interpreting as a session goes on will improve as a result of having such a 'model'.  And as more reports are posted by members the storehouse of knowledge in this area will be invaluable.

As a teacher, it is all very well me 'demonstrating' and posting, say, sample sessions with explanations - but there is no substitue for interaction and trying it yourself.  From those first steps, much will be lerned not only by the individual, but by sharing thoughts and feeling too.

The inclusion of such descriptions as the 'emphasis' given to some swings, and others being 'slow and steady' are things for members to look out for and pick up 'feelings' - because in such movements, there is a degree of personality and natural emotion being transmitted with the answer; this is equivalent to body language, where you observe the person you're in conversation with and their nods and other body gestures that accompany a YES or NO speak far more than just those words alone where they to be received in a 'mechanical' way.  In this way, the guides train the Pendulum user, to gradually become more and more receptive on a deeper level, leading to Telepathy - total receptiveness, automatically and comfortably without effort.

The illustrations you give of those questions that 'froze' the Pendulum, and only elicited a response when the permission question is put is a clear indication of exactly what a user can expect on occasions when an area of 'privacy' is crossed.  So, it can be seen that there is a full monitoring of the questions and also the progress of the learning user is continuously assessed, and questions can, under those conditions especially, be expected to 'pop' into the user's head seemingly from nowhere (and that serves two purposes; one, being a means of redirecting the flow of questions, either down a particular track that the guide wants the person to investigate, or to prompt a change of subject maybe.  The other obvious purpose that members will be able to see is that when such a question 'pops' into the questioner's head it is Telepathy... you are 'receiving', and this will, over a period of time, be gently strengthened to a point where it will feel quite natural in a flow or sentences, and you'll be able to engage in full 'conversation'; at that stage the learning gets faster exponentially - because, in effect, it is just like sitting down on the settee with the guide who is teaching a new topic or perspective that day, and having the kind of 'rapport' that will make learning far beyond what can be achieved with the limitations of our human teaching methods, to impart such knowledge.

As your experiences grow in your Pendulum interaction you will find that the longer you can spend on a session the more variable the scope will be, so one hour is for me a very short while; but, obviously, it depends on the time available to the person - and the guide understands the practicalities of what can be done, so there is never any pushing.  What will emerge will be the feeling that the Pendulum is more of a 'companion' Often, as you begin to sense more, one with a sense of humour too when appropriate!  For me, after 8 yers of having a guide as such a teacher-companion, I can say that Karek is a great companion who really understands me.  But then, she knows me beter than I know myself - and yet she chose me, for which I am eternally grateful !

I look forward to reading more input, and hopefully a lively interaction between members as the Pendulum is explored.

MAYATNIK.

Novice

Actually I have one question, which I think was posted previously. Is it necessary to hold the pendulum? I find that my arm gets tired. The length is 9 inches, and it needs to be held with the base equal to the chest, so my arm is bent and angled upwards the whole time.

MAYATNIK

quote:
Originally posted by Novice

Actually I have one question, which I think was posted previously. Is it necessary to hold the pendulum? I find that my arm gets tired. The length is 9 inches, and it needs to be held with the base equal to the chest, so my arm is bent and angled upwards the whole time.

It is necessary to actually hold the Pendulum, and what was suggested earlier up the thread by Beav will not work.  I understand where Beav is coming from with this, because many object can be moved by Telekenisis, and I have seen it done several times with a Pendulum that was not being held but was suspended from a doorframe.  The Pendulum, when moved by Telekenisis does not however function as a Pendulum - it simply moves.  those who are adept with Telekenesis can make it give a 'yes' movement by will-power, but the movement is always slow and slugghish to get started, and shows no 'character' either in its movement so is entirely impractical, and can not be consistently made to move in the required direction in any case - and what would be the point of projecting your will to an object when tha information isn't being transmitted in that manner.

The Pendulum moves by modulation of the electromagnetic field then interacting with the instrument and the movement is fully and dynamically responsive.  As a point of interest, when I am teaching, I have sometime had occasions when I've needed to actually move a person's Pendulum remotely (from where I am sitting usually about 4 feet away) and I simply 'tell' (by just thinking) the Pendulum to respond with a 'yes' or 'no' to show the kind of strong movement it is capable of when the pupil is more 'attuned' to it (if they are only causing a weak swing at first, because one of the inhibors of swing is negativity in the person or lack of confidence in themselves).  So I too can make a Pendulum respond without actually holding it, simply by thinking and projecting into their electromagnetic field, thus it modulates and moves the Pendulum. When I do it in that way the response is quick, dynamic and strong (unlike when suspended from such as a doorframe, which doesn't have a dynamic emf - and which, in saying that, proves the point of how a Pendulum really works).  But, me controlling another person's Pendulum is not them receiving in the normal way, so outside of the occasional necessity to demonstrate, it would be at best only a cheap party-trick, and a cheat.  The Pendulum would certainly not fulfil its purpose as a communicator of Truth or otherwise.

To address your main point, NOVICE, concerning the position of your arm; this is one of the most frequently asked questions once a person strts to use the Pendulum, if they feel fatigue.  I didn't put this in my main post because it very much depends on the person, and some will not feel fatigue; it all depends on variables - and I was conscious of the need to keep my post as short as was practicable, given the amount of information that was necessary to include there.  So, I will address it here, now you ask.

Firstly, as I said in my main post, I wanted the beginner to hold the Pendulum such that it would be in-line with the breastbone and immediately in front.  This was to guarantee that a good swing would be possible in every casse, since individuals vary.  Once you have got the Pendulum working well, then you can move the position within reason - since you now know what to expect; slightly off centre by up to 20 degrees will still produce reasonable to good results in virtually all cases.  The only problem will be that you will notice the swing of the Pendulum in the lateral (side-side) movement will tend to follow the body, keeping parallel with it at that angle, so will no longer be strictly side-side but at some angle.  To get used to this, ask the Pendulum to give you the response that produces side-side, and tell it to keep on swinging if necessary.  Then, very slowly move your arm so that the swing becomes more off-centre - either to your left or right as you allow it to follow the body round, keeping the same distance from the body to the 'bob'.  This slight (or more) non-straightness of movement may appear disconcerting if you take it too far round, or you may adjust quickly to it.  It is worth practicing, because holding the Pendulum off-centre of the breastbone is ideal for reading out of books and  working with maps etc.

For some uses of the Pendulum you will find it easier sat at a table in any event, in which case you can rest your elbow on the table and this removes any fatigue normally from holding it up, though it depends on the length of your arms. Resting your arm on the raised arm of a sette or easy chair will remove fatigue when having long sessions with the Pendulum, or raising your knee up onto a low stool will enable the knee to be a support for your arm also if necessry.   Again, as well as being slightly off-centre of the breast bone, you can work the Pendulum below[/] the breasbone line, but don't go below the belly button line and keep above if possible – as the electromagnetic field of your body drops off sharply if you go too low and the Pendulum will not respond adequately.

You can also vary, often to good effect, the length of the string, and making it shorter will mean the hand can be lower and thus more comfortable if needed.  There is another advantage of a shorter string – and that is a faster response time in changing from a 'yes' to a 'no', and this is useful if there is possibility of misreading or if you find you have a long time to wait as the Pendulum adjusts itself from say a 'yes' to a 'no'.  (if you look carefully, you will notice that the change is in steps or so many degrees at a time, and may take up to 6 manoeuvres to go through 90 degrees.  by making the string shorter (just wrap the excess around your hand, and hold the string between finger and thumb where you want it to dangle) you will get a faster turnaround, and also a much faster swing proportional to the length.  There may be a tendency for the 'bob' to jerk about at the ends of each swing movement if the swing is large, so increase the length until this is a reasonable compromise.  The only real problem with a short string length is that you will not get as much 'feeling' from the movements, and every movement will tend to be fast, rather than varying between fast and slow – and so the 'emphasis' factor is masked; again, compromise until you feel comfortable.

Try out all the tips that I have suggested to obtain the best compromise, bearing in mind the two crucial factors – you are aiming for accuracy, and also 'feeling' in the responses.  And, if you let go of the string to change length between questions while experimenting, do give that 2 second puase once you've grasped the string between finger and thumb again, before giving the next question.

MAYATNIK

Novice

Thanks a bunch for your answers! I had actually already begun to shorten the string as you described and rest my elbow on the table. Glad to see I'm doing it correctly.

goingslow

Mayatnik..

Thank you so much for this information. I went ahead and followed your instructions and I have to say I was truly amazed to see how CLEAR it is.  

This really works.  I would ask a question then verify it by asking if the opposite was true, it would change direction almost immediately.  I tried doing it a few times just to make sure it wasn't in my mind and it worked.

I will finish reading the rest of the thread now in case you have already answered any of my questions.

Frank

Well, I tied an old nut to a piece of string and went through the process as best I could. Problem is it just hangs there motionless (unless I move it, of course). I ask it to indicate a "yes" for example and it remains stationary. Okay, so I might conclude a lack of motion is a "yes" in my case. But when I then ask for indication of a "no" answer the same result occurs.

Ideas anyone?

Yours,
Frank

travelinbob

GREAT STUFF!!!

I've used it before and it works. When I did it I skipped the ritual because I do not go for ritual or liturgy. (Some people need it others dont)But it still worked. After reading your article I'm inspired to using it again regularly.

Remember that divination only gives you what will PROBABLY happen, not what will happen. Our free will can change it. It will not give you lotto numbers since that is an exceedingly random event. And if you use it for financial gain, remember to give back part of the profits through your favorite charity to keep yourself on the Universe's good side. [:)] (I've heard people use it to pick stocks!)

Always use with good intentions.

Take care.

Lasher

Thanks for all of the great info, Mayatnik!
Your posts made me very interested in trying this out for myself.
I surfed the web and found a company that makes quite nice pendulum boards that come with a crystal pendulum.  I ordered one and I'm anxiously awaiting it's arrival.

Here is a link to the site:
http://www.speakingwithspirits.com/newbackgroundstuff/halloween4gray/gallery.htm

Do you think that boards like these are okay to use?

Lasher

Novice

Not sure Frank. ANd I'm certainly not qualified to 'diagnose' this. But here's what I did:

I used two medium sized white buttons (was afraid that one would be too light) and tied them to white sewing string. The string is roughly 9 inches in length, although I didn't measure it. I also didn't 'wash' them as was originally described. But I did do the cross/kantra that was described (just for 'good' measure). I tried it right afterwards, and mine seems to work fine for me.

Although I did note that for some reason, when I shorten the string (in order to rest my elbow on the table) I don't appear to get the same type of response. The movement is much slower/shorter. So I went back to using the full-length of the string.

Would the nut maybe be too heavy? Not sure what size you are using.

goingslow

I do have a few questions though, I'm sorry if you already answered them.

Would it hinder things if I purposely kept my fingers very tight or does it actually control my fingers in some way, and if they're tight the pendulum wont move.

Even though I was very impressed with it, the skeptic came out in me and i was wondering what if some very subconscious and unaware level I am making it move.  Is there any way to show im not swaying my fingers even just a little bit?

One last question, you said you cant really get answers as to what another person is doing.  Would it be possible to do so if the person gave you permission. I was thinking a test on this would be kind of fun.. say we give a choice of 10 objects that are in a drawer and with the yes or no answers it seems we can kind of play around with it.  This isn't to disrespect the method or anything, but I think it might be kind of fun to do.  Is that possible?

thanks for your time.

Gandalf

To be honest Goingslow, I wouldnt get worried about the fact that your might be affecting the movement with your fingers at a subconcious level. As far as I can tell, this is exactly what happens, but that doesnt mean that it doesnt work. On the contrary, this needs to happen to have any success, with the idea being that it acts like a channel allowing the subconcious/unconcious mind to express itself, and through it the higher self/guides etc.

I think the trick lies in just not *conciously* influencing the swing but trying to keep your mind open to all possibilities equally.
The fact that my fingers are responsible for the movement doesnt detract in any way from whether it works IMO.

Regards,
Douglas
"It is to Scotland that we look for our idea of civilisation." -- Voltaire.

goingslow

thats a good point Gandalf.  If it is my subconscious I would definitely listen to it.  I guess I'm more afraid I'll also answer the way I Want it to come out.   But I'll play with it more before deciding.

Frank is your string by anychance pretty long and the nut heavy?  That could stop it from swinging.  

MAYATNIK

Hello PHI,

The links you give appertain to a page that promotes KINAESIOLOGY (for David Hawkins) – so whatever is found there is focussed essentially from that angle, although there are a couple of independent links one can click on from the page's side panel (such as 'channeled information pages') the main focus is on relating one's 'understanding' through the idea of Consciousness Calibration.  I have studied and practiced Kinaesiology, so I can say with experience that this type of 'connection' being made with the mind is yet another form of K-suggestion.  People should be made aware that in many fields, especially in the media, this is a form of conditioning applied in order to form a 'base' for a particular form of 'development' promoted (whether it be in the nature of what is offered on those pages) or lifestyle, slimming etc etc – and, of course, a psychological vehicle for marketing products that since the 1960s shapes 'fashion' and people's minds in order to create a market, which is then supplied.

The notion of Calibration (1-1000) explained on the page, and also the 'word' tests for raising one's calibration level are therapy 'devices' – they are not absolutes, nor do they bestow any benefit in themselves.  Kinaesiology, as a science, gives repeatable results, and those results should be used by a therapist carefully – not to use the concepts in their own right, because to do so is misleading.  It has to be understood that these 'calibration levels' are actually measurements of 'conditoning' and word association (suggestion" would be a better term), not of any inbuilt 'quality' so if a person is said to have a level of less than  200 or 995 it means NOTHING in itself, except that it promotes guilt feelings, desire to conform to some nurturing authority figure who can raise that supposed level – and as a Therapist myself (using several fields, including Reggression Hypnosis) I have many who come to me suffering from the affects of imposed conditioning, which needs to be unravelled. I would NEVER give the client such information as I might obtain from my 'tests' (The K-'calibration' is, in any case, only a pointer, and not even reliable since there will be many underlying causes; one deals with the cause, not the effect.  And I use much more extensive methods, along with with more reliable tests than K tests, in any case). It can not be unravelled by building bases based on such as 'calibration' levels and the like because they are in themselves setting-agents for further conditioning.

The links you give are, in themselves 'off-thread', and I would not normally write on a subject that was off-topic – but in this case, since we are discussing the Pendulum, and the very essence of the Pendulum being that it can give you the real Truth, I have commented.  Because, it will be extremely useful practice for members now using their Pendulums to check these facts out for themselves, and that will be helpful because the Pendulum is not a toy but a tool for further understanding, and there are many sites 'out there' that seem to give answers that are very appealing (especially if one is in the position of appealing for help in their personal 'situation' – so are therefore potential fodder for any type of ideology being marketed).

I mentioned in my earlier posts, that the Pendulum can be used very effectively when reading information that books and websites present.  So, since PHI has brought these links, now is a good time to address this for further training – and that is the very reason why I have commented on what is contained on the webpage that those links point to..... so that members can check it out with their Pendulum for starting practice in this further extension I'm now presenting here in this post.

Most websites are easy to check the Truth of what is written there using the Pendulum ( the GIBBON's CHANNELING RESEARCH SITE http://jump.to/gibbon is an ideal place, as it has an enormous amount of variety that is independent, with probably over a thousand well-written articles by many of the world's best researchers in the fields in question – so, the truths presented can be tested, and also the reader's perspective enlarged by further questioning also).  But, the website link given by PHI - http://www.cocreationsunlimited.com/kinesiology.html
- I found that the majority of 'facts' presented there are follow-ups from the same 'base' (that is, the concept of 'calibration').  This is a trap that newcomers to the Pendulum can fall into.  The 'base' must be tested first of all.  If this proves to be sound, then proceed carefully to the next level of what is presented concerning facts supposedly 'derived' from that base.  If the subject changes completely, and is unrelated to any base, then the user needs to check on the author first of all, "Is this author LIKELY to be a reliable source of Truth in what they are currently presenting publically?" (this question includes ALL material, not just what the reader is looking at, so on occasions the Pendulum may need to go into <SEARCH> (circling) mode first before giving the answer.  Clearly if the source is unreliable one needs to be very experienced, or at the very least have read widely across many fields) then one should proceed to read and test with great care, and try many oblique angles of questioning.  Simply asking "Should I read this?" or, "Will reading this benefit me 'spiritually'?" will in many cases result in a YES, whatever the spiritual topic – since we learn also from reading misinformation (we are expected to 'suss' out what doesn't feel 'right', even without a Pendulum, as a person goes through life).

Specifically, in the case of the website PHI provides the link to, I would suggest (because of that site's bias, and having read it carefully myself) that the reader uses MY COMMENTS in this post to test – in other words, break down all I have said here (from start to finish) by taking each small statement in turn (reading a statement out and watching the Pendulum's response), and/or asking questions in as simple a format (based on the sentence) and following up from the answers given.  After that, visit the site and read it in the light of the answers you have already obtained.  In this way, your reading will not be influenced by any hidden bias – and, of course, other members can independently obtain their own answers.

I can however, without any reservation, recommend Pendulum users to check out with Q/A sessions, any articles whatsoever on the GIBBON website – since all articles there are fully independent, and yet correlate well in the same general fields, so are excellent foundation resources for building a vast storehouse of knowledge – and the use of the Pendulum will increase that far beyond what is even presented there by checking and asking as many questions as come to mind.  You may well get an awful lot of YES answers on the GIBBON site - but remember, the object of using the Pendulum is to increase your knowledge with a firm foundation (and YES is firm).  When you then encounter NO responses in articles, you will already have good reliable information to base further questions on, as to why the sentence being read is not the truth.  You could start, in such cases by asking (after repeating the sentence), "Is this COMPLETELY wrong?"... if this is not the case, then "Is this PARTLY wrong?" (which is also a double-check on the NO response given initially when you first read that sentence).  Then, thinking about it, based on what you've already read elsewhere (and you can bring in questions about those things too, while they're in your mind!) or there especially if most of the responses have been YES (or letting a question 'pop' into your head), ask further questions to try to get at the real Truth where that section is in error or has been misinterpreted etc.

MAYATNIK

Frank

Thanks for your pointers. The nut is M12 so I'll try a lighter one, say M8, and hang it from cotton instead of string. I think what may be happening is I'm consciously trying not to cause any movement with my fingers. However, Douglas, you say you are aware that it is your fingers causing the movement? If so then I may be blocking whatever it is that somehow flows into the string.

Yours,
Frank

MAYATNIK

TRAVELLINBOB –

Thank you for some good comments there, for members to note.

As you say – some need ritual, some don't.  However, the important thing to bear in mind here is that it depends on many factors in the individual, how they look at things.  Ritual helps to focus the mind and align with spirit.  If you feel that you are strongly focussed without bias, then you need no rituals whatsoever.  The other end of the spectrum is when people fastidiously use rituals as a *manifestator* - in other words, some perform Candle Magic, trusting that the ritual will "do the job".  And of course, it won't of itself.  As with everything, it is the Will that effects change of attitude, produces 'thought forms' and everything else in our perceived reality.  I explained the ritual so that members could understand it, rather than just slavishly follow it – and to that end, understanding and accepting what the words of that Kantra mean is then the 'focus' that the mind applies (through Will) to align with spirit.

You say:
<< "Remember that divination only gives you what will PROBABLY happen, not what will happen. Our free will can change it.">>

The 'popular' meaning of <DIVINATION> is often to do with the future.    And nothing is 'written in stone' – you are absolutely right, when you say that our Free Will can change it.  When a clairvoyant 'reads' the future it is only a <snapshot> of what might be, similarly with Tarot.  And, the Pendulum can not give you the absolute future, because it depends on often many external variables and, most importantly, how we react to them at the time.  Where the Pendulum (if it is used to look at the future) differs, is that it can be used to ecxamine all those variables in very great detail – as they apply now, and as they will *probably* interact – GIVEN THE PRESENT STATE OF THINKING.  For example, we could with the Pendulum examine the 'feeling' of different countries if we wanted to look at a future *possibility* of war... say, with Iran or Syria or anywhere else.  In a sense, it is only like reading every newspaper in every country and being aware of what is happening there, so as to form some opiniion based on in.  The Pendulum, of course, gives the TRUE measure and 'feelings' people have in the situation (at the present moment), and cuts right through the Media Hype and Political Spin that clouds the real facts.
You go on to say:
<< "It will not give you lotto numbers since that is an exceedingly random event. And if you use it for financial gain, remember to give back part of the profits through your favorite charity to keep yourself on the Universe's good side. (I've heard people use it to pick stocks!)" >>

The Pendulum will NEVER give any reliable information that will result in self-serving, to take advantage of any situation over others (a lottery is an example – because all would seem to have an equal chance – except the one who thinks he/she is "in the know" because of some 'tool' that the others don't possess), and Monetary Gain (or its lack of!) is decided by Fate (however you want to define that word), so if anyone thinks they can use the Pendulum – or any other device – to obtain money then I can assure you, they would have more chance just picking a number at *random* - because, attempts to cheat will ENSURE they don't win !

The 'exceedingly random event' of a Lotto win is not actually the random event that people think – in fact it is not random at all – and neither are any other supposed big *random* money wins.  Test what I've said here with the Pendulum – and it will tell you !

To look at it 'logically' – if you can accept the fact that we are sent down here to have certain 'experiences' preplanned for us to obtain Wisdom (and, again, you can check this with the Pendulum), then think what a mess it would make of that pre-planning if we were meant to live a life being poor !  *Fate*, therefore, will NOT allow us to have money if we are meant not to have it (check this also).  Sometimes, a person will win a large amount of money, and will spend it all madly within weeks – to end up as if it had never happened, and sometimes in an even worse state than they were before.  And that is Fate working again – because there were lessons to be learned, about the real value of things (once again, this last sentence can be checked also).

One of the main Universal Laws is that of Reciprocal Exchange of Energy – and all will be balanced, whether a person likes it or not.  So, as you say, if you receive something bountiful then give back what you can to the Universe, and do not hoard but transmute it into energy that can help others.   Being able to use the Pendulum is a 'gift'.  You cannot use the Pendulum unless a channel is opened.  The Pendulum will cut off dead if the guides disconnect the line, and it will not even be activated in the first place until the guides feel that it is the appropriate time for that particular person.  When it is time, all comes to pass.

If your time has come to be lucky enough to be able to use the Pendulum, then remember – as you point out – "Always use with good intentions"!

MAYATNIK