News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

bad experience with the pendulum.

Previous topic - Next topic

James S

You're not blonde?????[:O]

That's ok Chill, I still like you anyway.[^]

[:)]
James.

goingslow

I think part of the problem is the defensiveness I see when the tool is questioned.

quote:
The guides have indeed got our best interests at heart. Just because you may not understand the reasoning for what they do does not mean they are trying to 'trick' you or lead you astray. Does the child understand why his responsible parent won't let him play on the construction site?Despite what your ego may tell you, you do not always know what is best for you.

Its so ridiculus to say the guide teaches you with wrong answers.  Its illogical and its nothing more than explaining the mistakes away by such condescending BS as "they know what's good for you trust them".

Plus in your statement you're taking for granted the person is your guide.  Since testing wont do any good the blind faith is the fact you have blind faith the entity coming through is a loving guide.  Do you not agree with anything that's been said by many people about testing and making sure whats coming through is doing so with your best interest?  Did you read James' post?  The blind faith im talking about is taking for granted the being is who they say they are.

Again if you cant test it because it will give you wrong answers because its your guide and it knows best.. then anything that must come through must be a guide.  yadda yadda.  I feel a dead horse is being beaten.

Ill be honest I see all this stuff as being very cultish.. not the pendulum itself, but the way in which it's being advocated here along with promising various people enlightenment through mayatnik's guide Karek.  maybe its just the caliber of person who has followed him here but seekinganswers definitely has that "i'd do anything for my Master" feel about him/her.  

I dont feel that about many people but its a hunch and the way in which people explain everything away coupled with the extreme defensiveness leaves no doubt in my mind.  Im glad you were chosen to be one of his disciples.  Maybe its best for you, but I have every right to question the "truth" the great karek is sharing with so many people.

Im just going to step away from this topic.  This type of thing is disturbing but I guess it comes with the territory and maybe it is what some people need.

chill thanks for the kind comments.  I enjoyed reading your comments on the "truth shall be known" thread.  I found some of the responses you got very interesting to say the least.

James S

quote:
Posted by Goingslow

Its so ridiculus to say the guide teaches you with wrong answers. Its illogical and its nothing more than explaining the mistakes away by such condescending BS as "they know what's good for you trust them".

My exeperiences tend to agree with you. I have never been given a deliberately wrong answer. Instead I get the silence accompanied with knowing smile that says to me "I'm not going to tell you. This is something you need to find out for yourself."

Guides do have an annoying habit of withholding information. This is how we learn though, by not getting everything spoon fed to us. The idea of disinformation, even just to see if we are awake, to me is totally out of character with what I've come to know about them.

All the best,
James.

WalkingThePath

Hello everybody
Please, calm down here!
   I've never seen so much negativity on one thread, really! You made me feel VERY bad when I read this thread not because you don't like the pendulum but because you are doing everything you can to STOP people from using it!  Please, stop doing this, stop being so mean and selfish to each other. Alright, we have different opinions, but hey do we have to kill each others in order to make our opinion heard louder?! That is so childish. Wouldn't we have better results if we cooperated, exchanged opinions, shared experiences, helped each other, ,and in the end combine our truths to find the single ultimate truth? After all isn't this the purpose of the forums? Or is it maybe to fight each other and be as negative as possible?!  
    Mayatnik showed a path, you may choose to follow it or not. It's entirely your call. But please, you don't have the right to frighten  people new to this, yes people should be shown both sides of a coin I believe that, but in a more calmed manner. Say your opinion but remain neutral, you have no right I repeat, to take people's chance to verify the truth for themselves. Don't play with people's fears (or dreams)
   Imagine if you were a newbie and came right down on this forum, what would you think?  I would run as fast as I could from this site! (Administrators consider this) We have enough negativity in our life without this adding more! People fighting over who's opinion is the best is not my idea of "advancing spiritually"
   Please, I repeat calm down! I confess I have my doubts as well, and this is a result of all the negativity in my life so far. I am trying to suppress it, don't make things harder for me and all the other members as well! I am not sure if this is the right path, but I will see for myself... As I said I have my doubts and fears as all beginners do (every beginning is hard, for me at least) but I try to be positive, alert and optimistic. I  do not allow myself to be made a fool that's why I trust myself and my intuition first and then maytnik or goingslow or anybody else!
   My advice to newbies such as myself is, read the facts and the experiences and keep clear of the negativity. Consider the facts, act on your intuition... Follow your own path, find your own truth , have your own experiences..

P.S For those interested in finding out more about the Pleiadians, I've found this book called "Bringers of the Dawn" by Barbara Marciniak and you can download it for free here
www.universe-people.com/bringers.htm      
 I haven't read it yet, but it seems very interesting, you may want to check it out sometime cause it might help

Malvina :)

Cryo_Optics

Hmm, this topic dissapoints me. I agree with WalkingThePath in every manner, for you cannot give doubts and false judgement to something you know nothing about and have no real knowledge about.

I have been using the pendulum for almost a week, and with the help of Mayatnik, Parmenion, Karek, Samuel, and many others, have learned so much about myself and my inner-spirituality. I also have found my spirit/teacher guide that has shown himself to me, and I can tell you that Mayatnik is not trying to spread blind faith, but rather help this community as a whole. My guide's name is Lithan, and without Mayatnik's help, I never would have known he even existed, and would have gone on living life as blind as the ignorant subjects that are conformed to the 'rules' set on our arrogant society. Please, don't give such false hopes to people, for you may ruin many peoples chances to seek out and find inner truth.

Seek your own truths, let those who really matter teach you.

Best wishes to all,
Cryo and Lithan, my trusting and loving guide.

goingslow

So i'm to give my opinion, but stay neutral?  Okay please tell me how else I should give my opinion.

This topic here is simple.  I saw a lot of lying going on or at least reassuring people that nothing negative can come through the pendulum.  That they can trust it is a guide of some sort.

This is extremely irresponsible.  I doubt the mods will get rid of this topic seeing as how they do value free speech.  Another problem with the thread was the way in which anyone who had a bad experience was treated.  Timeless was told off by one of mayatnik's followers for saying she doesn't like the pendulum.

People need to make informed decisions and I dont need to try to pretend im neutral because people might be scared. Whether you feel bad and have more doubts after reading this really isn't my concern.  What's important is if the warnings are true then maybe people will think before contacting their "guides" and seeking truth blindly.

That topic had been going for a long time before I chose to say anything.  Already a regular member here had been recruited.  If warnings bother you then just read all the posts by the many devout believers in "the truth shall be known thread".  Most people with doubts were told they weren't welcome there.  I put this here so people would be free to express their doubts here.  And its not a requirement to remain neutral.  Why would it be?  When are opinions ever neutral?

goingslow

One more thing... I did not say I thought a negative entity or anything like that was coming through.  I simply haven't found the answer of how do you KNOW its a guide.  If the guide cant be tested because it has been stated they give wrong answers for your benefit how can they claim to know its a guide?

It's really just a question.  I realize it's hard to answer but part of that is in all honesty you cant KNOW its a guide.

Tao

Nice post Malvina, Alex AND goingslow - this reminds me of how a forum really needs to be so that we all can learn something other than how to offend someone more than he offended you.

Nice.. keep the posts coming,
Thawon

WalkingThePath

Hey goingslow,

There is a way of being neutral and expressing your feelings and opinion...It is done in a civilized and unbiased way...What i see here is not civilized, it's out of control. People are being MEAN to each other just for having different opinions!

What i was wondering is, have you searched about Pleiadians, have you read anything else about the pendulum, or are you just saying whatever comes on your mind? I have not read much yet, but i will, before i decide what my next step will be. When you say mayatnik's followers, what do you mean? I don't much understand it...

From what i have heard mayatnik is a channeler and is not the only  pleiadian channeler in the world.
I know that the pendulum has been use for quite some time now, for hundred's of years, and the "theory" about the pleiadians existed a long time ago. it is not something that Mayatnik just "came up with"
Please study a bit before you say things that you  are not aware of...Think about it...Isn't there a chance that there could be some truth in Mayatnik's words? Something you could benefit from maybe?

I never said that this topic should be erased, it's your right to say what you want but it's our right to be free .I had a bad epxerience with the pendulum, i wasn't offended to be told what MIGHT have gone wrong. Instead i considered it, used my intuition and now i'm still thinking what to do next.

And something else, if you read close enough at mayatnik's posts you would notice that getting assigned a guide is not something done overnight. By no means will a guide just pop up if you are not totally ready as they say.

Scaring people off, should be of your concern,especially if you are scaring them with only what you think and believe. if you had something valid to say except your own views and thoughts, then that would be a fair warning to all of us and we would ever be thankful.

Please don't use the word recruited...it sounds so stupid really...Don't you mean that he found some truth in what mayatnik said and went out to verify it for himself, open-minded, and then got some results, so simply believed it? This is not blind faith i think...

I myself don't see anything wrong with that...but still you may see it from a different perspective right?
As for the not welcome part, could you show me where and under what conditions it was said? I can't search all the thread now... I don't think Mayatnik or Parmerion would say such a thing though but still...people may ran out of patience at some point or another, they are humans after all...

Now i don't want to start fighting with ANY of you, because i find it all very childish and meaningless. If you have a fact that will become the cause of a serious logical warning then as i said say it, but please don't just post beliefs and thoughts, all they do is to send us negative thoughts, so thanks but no thanks

Malvina, age 14

goingslow

Im sorry for dwelling on semantics, but I dont see how an opinion can be unbiased.  By nature an opinion is a viewpoint and all viewpoints are biased.  Or else it wouldnt be an opinion but "staying out of it".

Ive never represented my opinions as being anything other than just that.  Ive never said they come from anywhere, but my own mind.  No channelling here just my thoughts.  So im not sure what logical proof you're talking about or why I should be quiet until I have more sources than my own brain.

I think what you're saying is I should save my opinion and not voice it.  Its the opinion that is offensive isnt it?

goingslow

quote:
Originally posted by WalkingThePath

Please don't use the word recruited...it sounds so stupid really...Don't you mean that he found some truth in what mayatnik said and went out to verify it for himself, open-minded, and then got some results, so simply believed it? This is not blind faith i think...

Good point, he was chosen not recruited.

travelinbob

Sorry for deviating from the venom spewing but I have a question.

Are all guides Plaedian? I questioned mine and it says its not. Plaidians are out there, but that he/she is not one of them.

On the question of teaching through wrong awnsers, I can see how that can be done. If someone asks me a stupid question with a bad attitude or too insistently I will give them a wrong awnser. That way when they find themselves in error they will ask in a more positive attitude and in a proper way. I'm sure these guides get ticked off at stupid questions. Also a wrong awnser can be seen as puting a stop to a fruitless sideroad in one's path. A series of them will make you change direction. Specialy when they are consistently (i.e. >50%) wrong.

That said, I have to add that all one gets from the pendulum should be taken and analyzed in the context of the rest of your experience. The pendulum is not a substitute for common sense, but it can aid you in your pursuits. It can tap to the wisdom of your own subconscious, as well as from guides using your subconscious for communication. But it is just a point of data in a full picture. I don't belive the pendulum should be anyones EXCLUSIVE source for wisdom. This should help to keep most from cults and ritualistic KoolAid.

goingslow

quote:
Originally posted by travelinbob

On the question of teaching through wrong awnsers, I can see how that can be done. If someone asks me a stupid question with a bad attitude or too insistently I will give them a wrong awnser. That way when they find themselves in error they will ask in a more positive attitude and in a proper way. I'm sure these guides get ticked off at stupid questions. Also a wrong awnser can be seen as puting a stop to a fruitless sideroad in one's path. A series of them will make you change direction. Specialy when they are consistently (i.e. >50%) wrong.

I guess i was taking the "higher being" thing too literally.  Maybe they do get angry if you dont ask the right way.

James S

Hi Travelinbob,

In answer to your first question, I can say with absolute certainty that my guide is definitely not a Pleiadian. There are guides who are actually representations of a persons higher self, and there are guides who are the spirits of humans who have lived on earth before. My wife has been made aware of the existance of her guide who is the latter, though she has not met him yet.

As to the question about teaching through wrong answers, I have my doubts about this. From what I've experienced so far it is not in the character of a spirit guide to deliberately mislead just to see if you are paying attention. This to me is a human concept, and we should be wary of ascribing human psychology to the thinking of higher spirit beings. Typically they will give no answer at all, indicating that this is something you need to work out for yourself. Some information from guides seems to be on a "need to know" only basis. [:)]

Malvina,
Please see this discussion as being merely a difference of opinions. There have been many such discussions on this forum, some of which can get rather heated, but it still is just opinions. I don't think an opposing view to a subject should be labelled as negativity.

You should have seen on this topic asrguments presented by myself, by Adrian the forum's administrator, by Timeless, who by the way has been experienced at divination using a pendulum long before this whole subject came to light, and others who are not negative on the subject, but are trying to make newcomers aware that when dealing in areas that can involve channelling, caution must be used.

It is irresponsible of anyone to say outright "it's ok to do this, all higher beings are trustworthy." Such a statement is untrue, as maybe higher beings are trustworthy, but lower astral entities, who have just as much if not more access to someone trying to channel the spirits, are a definite hazzard. The concequences of someone inadvertently channeling a negative entity thinking they are a higher spirit guide can be disasterous for that person. A neg can give just as many correct answers through a pendulum in order for them to gain your trust as a higher spirit.

This is not saying you should not use a pendulum, this is saying you should use it with caution, and KNOW who or what it is you are communicating with.

As to my thoughts on the Pleiadians, I've seen a lot of info for and against them, and the arguments given by people on either side has tended to leave me a bit cold, so I think I will stay neutral on this subject.

My interests here are making sure that people use a bit of common sense when dealing with the unknown, and practice a bit of basic caution, especially as channelling can be risky. True higher beings will not be offended if you wish to test them for thier trustworthyness.

Kind regards,
James.

goingslow

I think the fact James, Timeless, Adrian and Inguma all issued warnings ANYTHING can come through speaks for itself.  I think the fact seekinganswers, silentwitness78 as well as many others who followed mayatnik here were so angry with opposing opinions and extremely defensive speaks volumes.

I think it is only natural when you are part of a board and someone comes on promising them instant enlightenment.  Turning one into someone who suddenly thinks he's an enlightened person even though his comments are filled with nonsense ..well a few will be a little cautious and maybe even alarmed.

Mayatnik claimed this wasnt channeling.. he put no real precautions.  I even bought a deck of tarot cards where they put a few things to do to make sure only positive beings come true.  There was none of that.. just promises when it lies it is for your own good.. and Mayatnik in the background working on people's spiritual training and selecting certain ones to become channelers.  I couldnt help being alarmed but people have to learn for themselves.

I did my share of warning as did others now its time to let all the people who were so angry at those warnings go and play.

Have fun with this tool that connects you with someone who loves you, will take care of you, and lead you in the right direction. I fear mayatnik may lead some of you places you really dont want to go, but thats where free will comes in.

This board really isnt about this cult mentality to me and its effecting me now seeing all of it.  I hope you're not forced to learn a lesson you weren't fully disclosed on but that may happen.  Either way Im going back to the OBE boards and I'll stop bothering any of you with pesky warnings and opinions of caution.

Take care..

P.S.

Ill say this again, but im sure someone else will say I say this cus I dislike the pendulum.  As far as I can see its a neutral tool, as most here have said.  The problem was the lack of caution or information given.  I dont know the motives but its irresponsible.  

travelinbob

James, You say:

quote:
As to the question about teaching through wrong answers, I have my doubts about this. From what I've experienced so far it is not in the character of a spirit guide to deliberately mislead just to see if you are paying attention. This to me is a human concept, and we should be wary of ascribing human psychology to the thinking of higher spirit beings. Typically they will give no answer at all, indicating that this is something you need to work out for yourself. Some information from guides seems to be on a "need to know" only basis.

In your case, it seems to be that someone is pulling your leg through the pendulum. Whether its malicious or mischiefous, you have to find out.

On the abscribed psychology, yes you are right that to assume they have the same neurosis as us would be naive. But they might take our neurosis in consideration when communicating. They might have to play down to our relative mental immaturity by using these wrong awnser stretches in order to get the bigger picture across to us. They might have to "trick" us into learning. Like a teacher that uses games to make the children more open to the learning process. Priming the mind for learning, per se. Just a theory! [:D]

James S

Sounds like a reasonable theory Travelinbob.
Kind of like the idea of teaching through reverse psychology. Must be a bugger for some guides to get the hang of some people's ways of thinking [:)]

It would be a fair assumption that guides have as many different ways of teaching as we have of thinking.

James.

goingslow

I have used the pendulum off and on since that one thread was posted by Mayatnik.  At first I was impressed, then a little weirded out by things like people asking mayatnik's guide all sorts of things.  I even saw one say that mayatnik's guide now told him to do certain tasks etc.

Anyway I have time in the beginning of work so every now and then i'll ask questions.  My pendulum has been consistently wrong.. and very wrong.  For example there was about a 50/50 chance my boss would come into work today.  I asked the pendulum if it was able to foresee the future it answered yes.  I asked if my boss was coming in today it answered no.  Then an hour later he is in the office.  This has happened around 5 times already.  Ive asked it many other questions when it was outright wrong.

First question, how do you banish a being from you?  I know 13 talked about it some but now i see why a person would want to do that.  It has been wrong way too many times and in some cases even deceitful.

I really hope people aren't blindly thinking everything coming through is the "truth" because so far barely anything has been right when I've tried it.  Im a little disappointed I have to admit.. I am however interested in knowing how to determine who's on the other side.  And how to request a certain person.