News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

hypnag. imag. = uncont. clairvoyance/remote view??

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael_E

people who do remote viewing usually enter a trance state and get little tastes or flashes of a target and write that or say outlound what they are seeing.

The target maybe experienced in the same way hypnogognic imagary is experienced, sometimes youll only get a flash or taste of someimagry during the hypnogognic state. the hard part is that hypnogognic imagry can be somewhat random and might not have anything to do with a target but then again a successfull hit on a target often seem random as well. for example you may get a flash of a needle which is random and later find out the target was a picture of the empire state building.
If you will it it is no dream.

-Theodore Herzl

cesm23

After i readed in a post that hypnagogic imagery is the cientific name of clairvoyance/remote view, i just became more confused. If that is true then everybody which achieves the hypnagogic imagery state when trying to sleep at nigth is clairvoyant/remote viewer ? Unfortunately i don't think it is, but i have readed 2 techniques to remote view in which is very very similiar to when a person tries to sleep ! the only diference is that when trying to remote view, we try to visualize the place we want to remote view and we have to concentrate and ignore wandering toughts! But trying to sleep is very similar ! Besides some times i am unable to sleep because of paying too much attention to wandering tougths.

And yet even more confusing is another website in which i readed that remote view can even be done while fully awake, without being in a meditative and trance state ! But they don't say how that is done !

If people doesn't agreee that hypnagogic imagery is the same thing than uncontrolled remote view or clairvoyance, then doesn't exist such a thing as remote view ?! If it does then, just tell me HOW THE HECK do we remote view ?!

I also maded this post because, as i am now practising trance meditation when sit, for the first time ever i can achieve hypnagogic imagery easely when sit, but, about 2 weeks before since all my life, i only achieved hypnagogic imagery rarely when trying to sleep ! Also sometimes in trance meditation, when i achieve hypnagogic state (about 10-15 minutes after starting, i noticed that this depends of the degree of lack of sleep, the more sleepy, obviously, sooner the hypnagogic state arrives) i see to constantly switch from tetha/alpha brain states, i mean, everytime i NOTICE i am having hypnagogic imagery it vanishes 1 second later, but it cames back a few seconds later, but i just can't be aware that i am having hypnagogic imagery unless when i am not having it anymore, does this improves with practise ? I think, but i am not sure that now i am able to still see images when concious of seeing them just about 1 second then they dissapear. And i hear sounds too, but they are still very rare.

Also, i DON'T know if it's possible to achieve trance and oobe if i don't have my head on a pillow (it's straigth just like when awake and using a computer), but i use it mostly to prevent falling asleep (as my head falls a bit forward specially when having hypnagogic imagery state) but could this prevent trance also ? I would like to prevent falling asleep but not prevent trance.

And now to finish, i just want to ask : from this results i am having, about achieving hypnagogic imagery state during trance meditation each time easier and for longer periods, mean any kind of psychic/clairvoyance development ? I also noticed i have this results easier when i manage to clear my mind (i mean, ignoring the wandering toughts) and i almost don't feel my body. It's because if what i ask in the title of this topic is true, i am then developing clairvoyance/remote view ! If not, then HOW do we train it ?!

Cayla

Dear Cesm23

I came across your post tonight and would specifically like to answer to how a trance state is achieved.  

I've been lucky as I've been doing this naturally all my life as I've had some really trying times.  I believe the trance state kept me sane as it was a mechanism to literally "switch me off" to my circumstances.  Most people aren't even aware that they are in a trance state while still being awake.  You might even be surprised and realize that you too have been in a trance many times.

Three critical factors needed for trance:  repetition, tiredness and boredom.  For example:  you sit at your computer and type (repetition and boredom), you then shake your leg (repetition) and hopefully you are tired.  This definitely works!  When you start seeing beings who aren't really there then you know you're in!  I've had to go a step beyond though and learn how to control my accidental trances as once in the trance state I cannot function normally and start seeing things - like living in a fantasy world.  I start seeing for example a dog that in reality is inside the house sleeping, but in the trance state is outside looking at me; people who in reality are in the house but magically appear outside.  I don't know all the mystical reasons for all these things but I've been doing it for years but now I control it as it gets in the way of me trying to live in the here and now.  

Cloud watching a brilliant way - I call it "zooming".  Lie on your back on the ground and watch the clouds and you'll see hundreds of pictures (but really zoom in and let it take you)...I find this is an automatic trance state.  

I do caution you though as I'm not aware of the implications of all of this and feel that it can't be healthy to live in that state all the time.  You somehow start finding it difficult to differentiate between reality and fantasy - watch out.

I hope this has helped you.  I found this site very useful: http://www.trance.edu/

Best regards
Cayla