News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Can i be phychic and still be christian?

Previous topic - Next topic

kakkarot

it's debatable, but why not ask God? i'm sure He can tell you whether He is accepting of it or not [:)]

~kakkarot

Risu no Kairu

Yeah. I don't see why you can't be a physical chick, and still believe in Jesus.
I need a signature that isn't stupid. :/

Nay

Hehehehe..yeah, I am a physical chick and believe in Jesus!  Sorry Risu no Kairu, had to pick on you a bit.[;)]

Freefaller, I think it would be just fine!  Are you Psychic or just looking to learn more about it?

Nay [:D]

The AlphaOmega

Of course you can, what a ridiculous question.  Psychic abilities can be used to summon the devil or to help people.  That part is your choice.  But of course you can have psychic abilities and believe in Christ.
"Discover your own path to enlightenment with diligence".
              - Buddha

Risu no Kairu

quote:
Originally posted by Nay

Hehehehe..yeah, I am a physical chick and believe in Jesus!  Sorry Risu no Kairu, had to pick on you a bit.[;)]

Freefaller, I think it would be just fine!  Are you Psychic or just looking to learn more about it?

Nay [:D]

Pick on me? Hein?
I need a signature that isn't stupid. :/

Soulfire

That depends.  How EXACTLY do you define being a Christian in your mind?  Once you clearly define for yourself what YOU believe being a Christian means, then you will have answered your own question much more accurately than any of us ever could.  :)

--Soulfire

chicnstu

Well, he created us and gave us all of these powers so why would he not want us to use them except for doing bad things. If he didnt want us to use them he wouldnt have gave us them. The only thing the bible says is not to be a medium.

ralphm

Didn't this jesus dude say say something about whatever i do you could do greater? (if I was a real jesus freak I would have the exact quote)
In the world in general and in this nation
May not even the names disease, famine, war, and suffering be heard.
May virtuous qualities, merit, and prosperity greatly increase
And may continuous good fortune and subline well-being perfectly arise.

McArthur

quote:
Originally posted by ralphm

Didn't this jesus dude say say something about whatever i do you could do greater? (if I was a real jesus freak I would have the exact quote)

This one?

John 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Some of the things Jesus did would be called Psychic abilities today so i see no reason why there cant be psychic Christians. After all they are natural abilities and gifts from God.

Haematite

[:)]
I agree with McArthur - Jesus really had had physical abilities which every person could acheive if they're high enough in their spiritual development. He and his "pupils" had that strong energy to cure others even without touch, to walk on water and etc - I'm christian and I believe literally in these miracles...I'm pagan and a lot of things in the same time and I don't see a problem with that because as I've said many times: the Truth is one and I see pieces of it in every religion and everything in jeneral. So I think, Freefaller you shouldn't think so much about that but to feel it intuitively - then you'll see everything is connected - just the same old thing with a different face.[:)]
Be safe

twstedrage

What I have experianced in my short life time of 23 years is that in the bible people where psychic and have visions of the future. However if you tell a modern day christian this, they will laugh at you and ask you if you have been taking drugs. That is one of the many reasons why I never fallowed the religion I was baptised in which was chatholic. All my life I was told if couldn't happen, yet I just knew things about people they never tell me, and see visions of the future that I can predict happens. Anyways to answer your question if you fallow the bible, espeically the new testiment and Jesus's path, you will see many areas of psychic abilities. People didn't fallow Jesus's teachings the way he wanted them to. At least that is my experiance in life and what I have read, learned and seen. Just like every religion the teachings are there and valid, just the meaning is lost and wars and hate happen in the name of the religion. Hope that helps.
Well I am breathing so I guess I am still alive even though the signs seem to tell me otherwise -- TOOL

FreeFaller

ok thanks everyone, um okay no i AM phychic, not just wanting to learn about it. well not very good i might add. but i am phychic. i have exp. many many phychical stuff, and currently studying AP then i'l go back to TK. anyway but ok.

see i believe christian to be someone that believes in jesus as being the savior, and stuff if you know th stroy im notgonna go into it. but like i'd would have stopped phychic stuff altoghether if it was against christianism.

so im glad it is not. yeah i hear that eveyone says stuff like god hates this or that but the truth is he hates nothing. people change the view of god but thats for a diferent forum.

thanks everyone

Targa

I once asked God if it was Christian to use telepathy and he replied, "I knew you were going to say that!"  [;)]

dkj400

Ryu-Kanjin

I for one have been a phycic all my life. I have seen thr future of half my life in my dreams and i havev a sort of "sencing" ability where i can feel everything around me and tell what it is(only when im focusing on somthing).

I am a chritsio(sp) and i think the persion who wrote the bible was adicted to mushrooms. If you think about it why would our lord creat us just so we can live a life that SUCKS butt!!! coughcathlicscough..but any way Jesus didnt die for all our sins just so we can live a boring life with no pleasers to get into heaven where we will never experence this life we are living again :)

oh and a nother thing God isnt a he or she God is a omney present being that we cannot se nor comprehend yet [:)]. Why would god give us this wonderfull body and WOUNDERFULL FREAKEN UNEVERCE to live in just to send us to hell for not following rules.

Here is a nother think to ponder on. The human race has only been around for like 100,000 years......birds have been around for like 10,000,000 years..lol we got a long way to go till we as a race evalve to what God had in mind 1,000,000 years ago when he let humans start to evalve.
Dont look at the world around you with your eyes, use your soul, and you will see more then you have ever imagined.

hysterix

quote:
Originally posted by Ryu-Kanjin
The human race has only been around for like 100,000 years......birds have been around for like 10,000,000 years..lol we got a long way to go till we as a race evalve to what God had in mind 1,000,000 years ago when he let humans start to evalve.

Good point, but actually many scientists now claim that birds have existed since the late jurassic period.  (144,000,000) years ago.

[:D]

pl

Risu no Kairu I think you are an anti-christ because you dont beleive in him.javascript:openWindow3('pop_new_smiles.asp')
javascript:openWindow3('pop_new_smiles.asp')
???

alpine9

I was thinking about Christ the other day, and was woundering was he really born pure.

Also what does it mean to be pure metaphyiscaly speaking?

If so that means he only had to of have one life time here on earth then instantly ascended.

IronWire

quote:
Originally posted by alpine9

I was thinking about Christ the other day, and was woundering was he really born pure.

Also what does it mean to be pure metaphyiscaly speaking?

If so that means he only had to of have one life time here on earth then instantly ascended.

Maybe it was good genes? Either way, Jesus to me represents that even 'regular joe' has a chance at ascension.

pod3

Jesus was not regular but only half human.

I believe that you can accept Christ's atonement without being Churchian. Furthermore, if you're undergoing an identity crisis, get the Bible with Hebrew words and expressions. Take them out of the context given in their concordance, and do extensive research for yourself! The same word could go from sorceries, to knot tying majick, to making binding agreements with demons, who worked under the lash of the wisest man on earth.

As for real "Christ"ians, they went around doing many things like raising the dead, too.

...I swear to God, the infiltrationists are the Ned Flanders'.

wendi

You can be psychic and be a christian.

Christ cover me
Christ guard me
Christ keep me
Christ the King

Christ deliver me
Christ guide me
Christ teach me
Christ the King

FreeFaller

quote:
Originally posted by Risu no Kairu

Yeah. I don't see why you can't be a physical chick, and still believe in Jesus.

i aint no chick by the way im a dude. you should be careful wow i never ralized how improtant thats was im glad everyone has a strong opinion

FreeFaller

i didnt know where to put this so i put it under this and the religion section. i put it here because i study TK but as well as AP so i was wondering if i could still be christian and be phychic