News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Color Blind + Seeing Auras = ????

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Shadow

I've had this thing... I think I can see auras... But I'm not entirely sure if I am seeing auras... because the descriptions that I have read don't do much for me...

You see, I'm color blind... So obviously I won't be able to tell the correct color of the aura... But just because blues and purples or greens and yellows look alike, I don't think it means that I can't see auras.

Another question; would aura and the body's energy... Is it the same thing? Or are they different? If they are different, then I think it's the energy that I see; if they are the same, then I believe I see auras.

When I look at my hand, against a like surface, or when I am in the dark; I can see some sort of an energy around it... and it grows when I focus my energy on it. The energy around it is either blue or purple... and is transparent.

Am I seeing my aura? Or is it something else? Because when I focus my eyes on plants or other people; I can see something around them like that also; but it has no color around them; its just transparent but I can see it... Could this be aura also?

And.. is there any way to cultivate this... to be able to see more of this? any exercises? (I'm sorta new at all this)

Any info is welcome... thanks...

-Silent Shadow
May the force be with you. Always

MisterJingo

The transparent thing occurs because you stare at an object and the background to it starts imprinting on your eyes. The reason it seems to grow is because our eyes never remain stationary, and so the imprinting seems to get further from the object, leaving a transparent looking area. If one stares at any object long enough you will start seeing colours and such around the object - this is retinal fatigue. Like when one is in the dark and sees clouds of colour (discharge from rods and cones etc). People might argue that they see these things instantly hence proving they are auras, but I see imprints instantly too – and it seems people take these imprints and retinal fatigue to be auras. This is from my own experience and countless conversations with people who claim they see auras but as with anything ymmv.

Silent Shadow

ooooh okiee... thanks =)

So what do real auras look like? and how can you master seeing them? or should i be asking that in a different thread...

-Silent Shadow
May the force be with you. Always

GANAMOHA

well from personal experience most the time they are most visable around the head. often making me wonder if this is where the idea of the halo came from.
I stand at the threshold of what could be a new world

majour ka

Hi silent shadow, while i can understand what misterjingo is describing, its my feeling from what you have said that you are seeing energy. Only you will eventualy be able to know the answer. Not alll mediums and psychics see colour even if they see energy, so its great that you do.

I believe the best way to develop it is if you are already seeing them just keep looking and note how you feel mentaly emotionly and physicaly when you see them and work with that. Remember that when we see energy we are seeing it with our mind as well as our physical vision. Once you begin seeing them you may not have to develop it. some of the most incredible auras ive had the pleasure of watching have just appeard around people with no apperent effort on my part, and they are always the best ones. Good luck, ps send out a mental note to your guides to ask for a little help in developing auric vision, im sure they would love to assist if they can. Regards Marcus.

jilola

Quote from: silentYou see, I'm color blind... So obviously I won't be able to tell the correct color of the aura...
Err but you don't see auras with your physical eyes? So the colour blindness or blindness in general is not a factor?

2cents & L&L
Jouni

painterhypnogirl

Hi Silent Shadow,
I'm one of those who has had discussions with Mister Jingo concerning auras.  I think we agree to disagree?!  Hi Jingo!   I would say to trust your instincts.  You can read a hundred different books on auras and each one differs from slightly to greatly on the interpretations of colors.  When I first started seeing auras, I was confused, too.  Then some wise person told me the colors mean whatever they mean to me.  So, by practicing and observing people's moods and behavior, you will eventually come up with a knowledge that will be all your own.

To practice seeing auras with open, physical eyes, it helps to use a white background.  Don't look directly at the person or object.  BTW, everything does have an aura, because everything is made up of energy.  Use what is sometimes called "soft eyes" or unfocus your eyes.  Look anywhere from an inch to a foot outside of the person.  Don't blink for as long as you can.  If you blink, it will go away, but will come back if you unfocus your eyes.  

I find that it is easier to see an aura around an emotional person or a speaker.  This is because their energy is "pumped up".  After practicing and getting good at it, you will find that auras will appear when you aren't even thinking about it.  It's just like a sport, the more you practice, the better you get at it.
"There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."  Shakespeare

majour ka

Hey peeps, sounds like some good advice bieng given here. My self and Jilola pointed out that we expirience auric vision and other such phenomina with our minds which i believe is true, but to an extent we are still seeing with our physical eyes, not just in our minds eye, so im guessing our psychic mind is still using our physical human sences to expirience what ever it is we are seeing, hearing, tasting or what ever.....so glad you brought that up Jilola. My interpretation would be that our expanded mind allows us to expirience through or physical sence.

jilola

I'd say that we use our mind to interpret the perception and if said mind is used to interpreting the visual world without distinction between some colour then it's probable it would interpret the nonpshycial perception in a similar way. Unless by practise one was able to de-learn the interpretation.

In other words, experience in the physical terms colour and affects the interpretation on nonphysical terms.

A similar phenomenon is the fact that flying during an OBE or LD is difficult at firt as the mind still attaches itself to the physical realm of possibilities. Over time and with practise the self imposed limitation disppears.

Stil doesn't mean a colour blind person would see green the same way a non-colour blind person would.

2cents & L&L
Jouni

greatoutdoors

Silent Shadow,

This is just one person's opinion, but I believe the aura and energy are pretty much the same thing.

When you say you see purple and blue I would guess you see the purple against a dark background and the blue (clear, sky blue?) against a white background. At least that's what happens with me.

Color blind folks usually have problems with red and green. It that you? If so, you will have no problem seeing most "auric phenomena."

At a workshop in Montana a few years back a group of us were trying to see auras. We got the basic energy field, then were able to see fluctuations in color and intensity as our "targets" manipulated energy between their hands. I also saw a brow chakra on one guy -- that blew my mind! Up to then I had paid no attention at all to chakras (still don't give it too much thought) so it was out of left field for me.

The only advice I could give is not to strain your eyes while practising. Take a break and rest your eyes every few minutes, then go again. It sounds like you are right on track.  :smile:

painterhypnogirl

Good post, greatoutdoors.  I forgot about the red/green thing.  I'm a bit confused.  You believe in auras and energy, but don't believe in psychokinises?
"There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."  Shakespeare

greatoutdoors

Painterhypnogirl,

I have been told I am a bundle of contradictions.  :lol:

I firmly believe in metaphysical energy. We can see it, feel it, manipulate it -- it is as real as a breeze on your face. I don't disbelieve in psychokinesis, it's just that my jury is still out on the subject.

I have a strong skeptical side, even regarding the things I have experienced.

I watched orbs zipping around in a dark cave. I couldn't see them with closed eyes so they were a physical event. Some folks who also saw them said they were spirits. Ehhhh, maybe -- maybe not. All I am prepared to believe now is that they exist.

I was looking in a mirror one time when all of a sudden I was behind "me" and watching "me" looking into the mirror. Was it real? Ohhh, definitely! What does it mean? What can I do with it? Again, my jury is still out. But you can bet I am working on it!  :smile:

I was walking outside one evening and the gnats/mosquitos were driving me crazy. Without thinking I "tuned in" to the energy sea and told them to keep away. For the rest of my walk I could see them about a foot or two around me, but none came closer than that. That convinced me that such things can be done (like telekinesis), but I have been unable to do it again.

The reason I reccommend extreme caution with the metaphysical is that there is so much fraud and hokem. Shirley McClaine is a good example of someone who is totally gullible. I read her book and the folks she believed in were so patently yanking her chain it was pathetic. And yet, she spent no telling how many thousands of dollars supporting those frauds! Bah! :mad:

I believe the potential is there, the ability is there, but it is way not as common as folks would have us believe. I also believe that many people here on this forum are making good progress in exploring true energy mastery. If we can unlock that ability, then maybe we can wind up with that better world we all want. Meanwhile, we just have to keep an eye out for sharks!   :lol: