News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

discrimination

Previous topic - Next topic

Euphoric Sunrise

I kind of liken this subject to the X-Men movies (i haven't read the comics so i'm not sure about them), just on a much smaller scale. Some people are affraid of it because they see it as unnatural and a threat, and some people think it's cool and want to explore it. I think there have been more people moving into more spiritual interests over the recent years than there has been in the past, and i think it's a good thing if this continues.
"The soul is never silent, but wordless"
* Emperor - The Tongue of Fire

Nayru

No, I don't think we would be bullied. Or, not really. Perhaps by the Christians, and I mean the ones that thinks of this as evil. But no, not by the world itself. Plenty of research would be done, and everything energyrelated will be added to our way of living. I'm sure about that. I really hope this stuff will not become widly known in the world.. I love freedom and is this world, there is no freedom. There never has been freedom. We are always limited by something; be it by our ethics or by the Law itself, we are always limited and therefore, the what we call 'freedom' does not exist. Psionics is my escape; in Psionics there are no real laws. For example, I could bonk up my school with help of some Empaths, by emitting the worst emotions existing. We will not be punished for it. I could kill someone right this instant (of course I will not), without being punished for it by the law. Psionics means total freedom to me. No, not might, Freedom.
If Psionics and everything energyrelated would become widly known, new laws would be created, a special Psionic Unit will be patrouilling the streets for any Bad Psionic Activity, blabla. Bye bye freedom. -.-

xander

Bullies will bully for any reason, anyone different than the majority is going to get thumped on from time to time. Most humans follow patterns of fear and conformity. Those attracted to the psychic and magickal arts are a lot more independant and intelligent than the average person.

I used to live in the dorms and left one of my books out, those I lived with became angry and frightened, it turned into a good old fashioned witch hunt. I'm a lot quieter about my practices where I live. As I get older and get a job it will be no ones business but my own. Nuggles can't understand it then they don't need to know that I do.

Xander.
[

quote]Originally posted by Nayru

No, I don't think we would be bullied. Or, not really. Perhaps by the Christians, and I mean the ones that thinks of this as evil. But no, not by the world itself. Plenty of research would be done, and everything energyrelated will be added to our way of living. I'm sure about that. I really hope this stuff will not become widly known in the world.. I love freedom and is this world, there is no freedom. There never has been freedom. We are always limited by something; be it by our ethics or by the Law itself, we are always limited and therefore, the what we call 'freedom' does not exist. Psionics is my escape; in Psionics there are no real laws. For example, I could bonk up my school with help of some Empaths, by emitting the worst emotions existing. We will not be punished for it. I could kill someone right this instant (of course I will not), without being punished for it by the law. Psionics means total freedom to me. No, not might, Freedom.
If Psionics and everything energyrelated would become widly known, new laws would be created, a special Psionic Unit will be patrouilling the streets for any Bad Psionic Activity, blabla. Bye bye freedom. -.-
[/quote]

Blackbird

In the past, I have been, shall we say, called a nut by people not only older than myself, but also by people my own age.

This, however, is understandable given the large ammount of psychics who appear to look at this sort of thing from a mystical, fantasy-novel-esque viewpoint, rather than a scientific one. The mystical viewpoint reinforces the views many non-psychics have, and therefore causes them to think that all psychics are nutso. It's rather unfortunate.

volcomstone

I suppose it has to do with how much emphiasis you put on the subject, if you constantly bombard people with the idea of such things they get defensive, they think you are trying to indoctrinate them, or shatter their entire belief system

showing my friends telekinesis, only a handfull of them where actually interested, the rest seemed rather non-caring toward the subject,

however if your fanatical about such things, people will becomed wary and tend to break contact with you,

I know for example one friend who has always been a bit of a "satanist" and has many books on the subject of magick, and the NECRONOMICON (bum buh buuuuhhh)[}:)]  
he thinks he's achieved godliness etc etc, but is constantly the butt of our jokes, mainly because of his overexaggeration of the facts

has anyone ever seen the movie "donnie darko" ? its a GREAT movie and i recommend every one here to watch it,  

I think every emotion can be boiled down to two extremes

fear and love,

most people will fear , because they will be hurt less, only when you can be totally vulnerable will you ever have true progress
opinions are like kittens, just give 'em away

Nayru

I am not calling you a liar but I do not believe your friend owns the Necronomicon. There are, if I remember correctly, only 4 left. I've been dying to get my hands on books such as the Necronomicon, did so much research to find the location of such forbidden books, actually found some of them (no, I will not share), but I shaked that desire off for certain reasons. As a matter of fact I really hope for your friend he does not own the book. I don't think anyone can handle the information in such books, and I'm positive that's one of the reasons the book has been banished.

Talking about the Necronomicon, I found a site the other day, by accident, talking about the Necronomicon. They claimed the rituals mentioned on the site are in the Necronomicon itself. I do not believe that but whether that's true or not, that really are sick rituals. I'm sure they don't even know what the signs used in it means. I finally come to understand why people hate 'black magick', while 'black' magick itself is not bad..

Perhaps you're right, Blackbird. It's the image that counts.. Perhaps 'psychics' will be bullied.

volcomstone

this is WAY off topic, but I just wanna clear things up

naryu--- I think you have misconceptions about the NECRONOMICON, and the book of the dead (also known as the necronomicon)

A famous writer with a lot of imagination pretty much invented the modern "necronomicon"  HP lovecraft invented nearly an entire world,
his version of the necronomicon, (based loosley on the egyptian book of the dead) has made various different cameo's in different media (evil dead). This version is readily available at various retaillers, and contains mostly wiccan+freemason type spells of innvocation of fire spirits etc etc.

however the true necronomicon, or book of the dead, was a collection of the spells and prayers that where written inside the sarcophogi of rather wealthy egyptians, it is said that it was written during the new age of the egyptian dynasty.  this book was read by the ordinary citizens of egypt during burial rights and was essentially a way of turning their dead relative into a god amoung the heavens,

i would expect the true version of the necronomicon very difficult to appredend, but i don't think the information would benefit the world of tghe living very much
opinions are like kittens, just give 'em away

beavis

I discriminate against people who are not psychic, because I am less likely to like them.

Nayru I do not believe your friend owns the Necronomicon. There are, if I remember correctly, only 4 left.

Why couldnt somebody make a copy (of some of the pages)?

no_leaf_clover

I was just browsing around and the Necronomicon thing caught my attention. I'm a big HP Lovecraft fan :D

Volcomstone has the right idea, but, I have some additions/corrections to make, having been under the impression that it was a real book until looking into it enough.

HP Lovecraft invented the name 'Necronomicon' along with 'quotations' from it to use in his short stories. He never even actually wrote out the whole book. He said that if it were to be actually written out, it would lose a lot of the eerie quality that he had built up in his short stories, and I imagine this is true. We fear that which is unknown most of all, right? Lovecraft knew this and he also knew he could never write a grimoire horrifying enough to fit his stories, so he just made references to it and wrote articles about it as if it were real but closely guarded and extremely rare. He even made up a fake university called Miskatonic and cited it as holding this rare volume along with other such books and being renowned for it. I guess it just goes to show Lovecraft's genius when people talk about the Necronomicon as if it was a real book and display curiosity towards it.

There are some books out there with the name 'Necronomicon'. These books are not Lovecraft's book. These books were made after Lovecraft's death, when his stories started to gain popularity. You will not find such a book, or even a reference to such a book, previous to the 1900's when Lovecraft first invented it. At best these books are just part of the Cthulhu Mythos, which is basically a series of stories from various authors based on ideas created by Lovecraft himself.

I also wouldn't say Lovecraft based any of his work on the Egyptian Book of the Dead. His ideas seem to have been somewhat influenced by ancient 'mythologies' such as those from Egypt and Babylon/Sumer (and he makes references to these places in his stories), but he takes the supposed gods and twists them around to a race of primitive beings that can exist between dimensions, and, when the time is right, will rise back up to claim the Earth just as they had eons and eons before dinosaurs roamed the Earth.

You can find more on Lovecraft and the Necronomicon here:
http://www.hplovecraft.com/creation/

Apologies for getting off-topic. There are a lot of myths and false information out there regarding this topic, and it can get a bit confusing. [:)]
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

harlequin_star

I suppose that one day everything will blast away in the open. I think it'll be a good thing for alot of people, but then. . .yeah, how do you make laws over those things? I kinda hope that socially, people will be more open and understanding as to not let it get to any extremes. But mabe one of the reasons that people are so distrought over psychics is because of the way some have shown themselves (ms. cleo) or on t.v. And people choose to not believe it,shrugging it away like a simple trick. I really feel sorry for them,though because they'll never get out of their box.
And, yeah. Ive been called crazy, and a nut. .even by my parents. Heh, i tried to tell them once and my dad said that it was "on the devil's side" now they force me to go to church every sunday.

harlequin_star

does anyone else deal with being sort of discriminated against for being psychic and such? Not so much from people you own age, but older people who dont seem to understand you view. I was just having this discussion with my friends and they thought something like this may happen, and thats why they lay low:
Is there going to be some sort of Worldly transition where if all psychic, and energy users come foreward we'll be the ones who are being bullied and outcast?
   What do you all think?