News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Doctor claims evidence of the afterlife

Previous topic - Next topic

kurtykurt42

zareste

kurtykurt42

CFTraveler

Even though I desperately want this to be true, I didn't see any evidence, other than anecdotal.  I agree with zareste- there was nothing new in this other than a specific person's experience convincing them this is true.

BTW, if you know me you know I have had some experiences, that validate this, and can be called a 'believer' when I'm in the mood- but that wasn't proof or evidence.  The research was done a long time ago, I saw nothing new.

Stookie

It's an advertisement passed as news. That guy is selling a book, and more than likely NBC owns the publishing company or has a close connection.

Synchronicity

I'd really be interested in the science behind the writer's research.

It's true that the article itself doesn't contain any convincing evidence, and that the article is little more than a plug for the book. That doesn't necessarily mean that the science and reasoning of the author is faulty; still, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Greytraveller

Dr Jeffrel Long, the author of the book, and his wife Dr Jodi Long run a trio of websites. Those websites are --
NDERF.org the near death experience research foundation. This site has over 2,000 first hand reports of NDEs.
OBERF.org The out of body research foundation. This site contains several hundred OBE accounts.
ADCRF.org The after death communication research foundation.
The nderf website in particular is impressive. In my opinion the Long's have a very professional approach to the NDE and OBE phenomena. The websites are neither overly enthusiastic or overly critical (skeptical) of NDEs and OBEs. Check any of those websites out.

Regards  8-)
Grey

SkepticBoy

Why all anyone want to do these days is sell their freaking book all the time????? kinda getting irritating.

kurtykurt42

Chubysnow

The first sentence "The near-death experience story is so common that it has become a bit of a cliché"

That is mainstream media making us feel bad about what is whole forum is based off...
4% of teens will stand up for God. Put this in your signature if your one of the 96% that wont... Har har har

SkepticBoy

I'm just tired of people on TV yappin on and on about a book their bringing out.

mon9999