News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

empathy

Previous topic - Next topic

astral man

hey guys, i have been having empathy... i was just talking to someone on msn who was drunk....and then seconds later i feel really sick, dizzy and kinda want to throw up...it has happened before, because i was talking to someone and he was shaking, from something that had happened, and i felt it to....is there any way to do more of it, or less of it, so i can avoid the feeling of bad things....

oh, all of the times i have had the things happen, it has been totally random times, when i least expect it.

thanks
"People only see what they are prepared to see."

BlueEarthJacket

Quote from: astral manhey guys, i have been having empathy... i was just talking to someone on msn who was drunk....and then seconds later i feel really sick, dizzy and kinda want to throw up...it has happened before, because i was talking to someone and he was shaking, from something that had happened, and i felt it to....is there any way to do more of it, or less of it, so i can avoid the feeling of bad things....

oh, all of the times i have had the things happen, it has been totally random times, when i least expect it.

thanks

Hello, Astral Man

I have been consciously empathic since my late teens and have continued to increase in sensitivity to my present state in which I not only feel other peoples' emotions but take them on as my own. I have arrived to a point where I find it difficult to interact with people, but I've never reacted physically to anyone. Certainly, not in the way you speak of. For me it has always been an internal reaction involving the absorption of others' emotions.

Your condition seems to be a different case. Drunkenness is a physical reaction that effects ones body and brain. Empathy is to feel or take on ones emotion, not to take on ones physical conditions. And the fact that you're stating you took on these physical reactions from someone who was probably hundreds of miles away is also remarkable.

The best bet to build up a control of the situation is through the practice of Awareness. To be in the moment; knowing where you are and what you are doing without allowing the convolution of random thought to take away your conscious state into the typical dream state we are normally in where the subconscious is free to go wild. That may help, although, I'm not sure if you are empathic or something completely different.

astral man

Oh....that is interesting, i thought what i had was empathy....hmmm....
QuoteTo be in the moment; knowing where you are and what you are doing without allowing the convolution of random thought to take away your conscious state into the typical dream state we are normally in where the subconscious is free to go wild.
Are you talking about when we are asleep?

Can anyone else help?

Thanks

astral man

Thank you, i will try and do the anchoring thing. I don't really do energy work on specific chakras, i just do the full body circuit thing that robert bruce has in his book.

Thanks

BlueEarthJacket

Quote from: astral manOh....that is interesting, i thought what i had was empathy....hmmm....
QuoteTo be in the moment; knowing where you are and what you are doing without allowing the convolution of random thought to take away your conscious state into the typical dream state we are normally in where the subconscious is free to go wild.
Are you talking about when we are asleep?

Can anyone else help?

Thanks

No, not when you are asleep. I'm talking about when you are awake in the physical sense. Human beings are basically intellectual animals who typically remain victims of circumstances throughout their entire existence. Most of the time when you are performing some task you're not aware of exactly what you are doing at any given time. You don;t consciously know where your hands are or which fingers are moving were. You could tell someone this information when the subject is brought to your attention, but otherwise it's unknown information. You're on auto pilot. Random thoughts pop into your head at any given moment without you even realizing. Events cause emotional responses which promote particular thought patterns that promote certain outward as well as inward reactions. We don't even know why we have one emotional response vs another or why we have any at all. All these processes go on without any awareness. The typical human is set to subconscious auto pilot as they identify with all life's traps.

By being aware of ourselves we can see when these emotions, random thoughts, etc. entire and distinguish between our own consciousness, which is Us, and the mind's protocol, which are temporary events. Through the practice of Awareness one strengthens their consciousness versus being lead by a leash via the subconscious. In this way one can control empathic input.

It is why most people dream instead of actually functioning with the astral plane. Asleep here, asleep there as well. Consciousness, like the physical body and the vital body, must be exercised in order to develop.

astral man

Thanks for clarifying that up. I was totally confused before, but now i am not.

Thanks again